iPhone Loot & Legends (by DropForge Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by PeteOzzy, Feb 19, 2015.

1. Beeble823

Beeble823 Member

Nov 13, 2014
    I've played maybe four or five hours total. Spending no money and buying no chests beyond the tutorial chests, I have already accrued five legendary items. So this game is coming off extremely FTP friendly.

But as my inventory has grown, my iPad 2 crashes multiple times every time I change my characters' equipment. I might have to put this down until an update addresses the crashing problem.

2. Tyra

Tyra Well-Known Member

Feb 3, 2011
    Illustration & Graphic Designs
    Germany
    Hey there!

Ipad2 too, but just a single crash. Really like the graphics and the nerd-charm! (from Netd to Nerd)
    :D

3. mooclaw

mooclaw New Member

Aug 9, 2015
    Finally can be played in Chinese appstore!love this game so much!
    I play Card Hunter too.Both Awesome!!
    but L&L often crashes,and cannot connect to network on Ipad mini2.
    Or maybe an update could fix it plz??

4. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    I'm playing on my air 2 and just sunk 2 hours in and no crashes or problems for me. So far so good I'm enjoying it, I'd like a little more complexity in attacks but maybe that'll open up more as I progress?

So far though I'm looking to put more time in as it seems pretty good, anyone know if you can change a characters name?

5. forsakenxe

forsakenxe Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2014
    Came into this totally fresh and new. Loved it.

2 points though:

- I am frozen in my first arena run with the membership still running. Their has been a message that something went wrong, I crashed and now it loads up the arena to where I was befor but nothing is happening and I can't progress with like 45 min on the club thing :(

- I am also not a fan of the timer based loot. I would rather much prefer a mission based purchase option for extra loot tbh. I have only a few hours each day, if at all to play and I do not want to feel pressured to play the game and not others just because I have the membership.

I will contact support and see if ,y first problem can be fixed.

Other than that I am super surprised and really hooked :) great game! All this hate for f2p is so out of proportion. Just because you do not like their monetization system, it does not mean their whole game is bad jeez.

6. jan217

jan217 New Member

Aug 9, 2015
    I was a big card hunter fan and I am enjoying this remake, although im very sceptical about multiplayer with the current card pool...we'll see! Otherwise a few niggles are

- if you are forced to discard more cards than you have at the end of the round the game wont let you continue and you must resign (this bug is really bad but luckily the spells causing it are rare)
    - some aoe fire spells hit your own characters but most dont, would make much better sense if all did
    -the AI in arena is laughably bad. Ive seen priests kill themselves with transfusions to heal 1hp on another character, ive seen them spawn lava pits that cover both of their allies but none of my characters, they constantly waste armor cards by using them to make pointless moves etc etc etc
    - cocky block somehow blocks 2 attacks before working as intended

Anyway despite these issues the game is hella fun. I reccomend people to try it out and dont get so hung up about the (totally non intrusive) IAP!

7. Rivalsan

Rivalsan Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Feb 26, 2011
    This exact scenario happened to me last night! However, I figured that the hour was a real-time hour, and that it wouldn't be there when I awoke. The game seems interesting and fun, but I'm not sure if I'm feeling the IAP model.

8. Rivalsan

Rivalsan Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Feb 26, 2011
    So you're saying there's a chance! #

9. Sexy Pirate

Sexy Pirate Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2014
    Call centre / Parent
    Newcastle England
    this is why I will never buy any iap in this unless it changes. because right now your either tied to playing the hell out of it if you pay for the membership or it will waste away while you don't play.
    for me I can only fit in a game or two a day so if never buy the membership id much rather have an iap to unlock the option permanently instead of being a money sucking membership scheme.
    I'm loving the game but just can't support this kind of iap in a game. which is a shame, if it had of been a paid app I would have bought it straight away.
    guess the devs are hoping for the long term of people constantly sinking money into it for a constant income.

10. nreyes

nreyes Member

Jul 7, 2013
    cannot access game ....

I would like to try this game, but it does not login to the server. Is there a fix? I have uninstalled and reinstalled. All wifi internet connections are working fine but not for this game.

11. Jim Shorts

Jim Shorts Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2014
    Virginia
    After sinking hours into the game because it is really a lot of fun, I take back all criticisms. The iap looks much uglier and intimidating then it actually is. In reality, it is a 5 stars experience... this is coming from a player who despises f2p. Trust me, the membership scheme looks very ugly, I get it, but it is well worth your time.

12. dreadnok

dreadnok Well-Known Member

Jun 8, 2011
    I came here to kick ass and chew bubble gum I'm ou
    So have you gone to the AppStore and given it a good rating/review now?

13. nreyes

nreyes Member

Jul 7, 2013
    They should fix the server issues. Cannot even try the friggin' game! What a crock of sh't ....

14. dreadnok

dreadnok Well-Known Member

Jun 8, 2011
    I came here to kick ass and chew bubble gum I'm ou
    Works fine for me

15. Tsothoga

Tsothoga Member
    Patreon Bronze

Dec 6, 2010
    Unable to login

I started playing once, but I wasn't able to complete the opening walkthrough mission before the game crashed. Ever since that first attempt, every time I've tried to play this game, it hasn't been able to log in to the game servers. I've even deleted the app and reinstalled several times, but I still get an error message about not being able to log in, even though my wife's iPad can play the game just fine. Awesome.

Sent an email to their support earlier today, hopefully someone follows up with me.

16. nreyes

nreyes Member

Jul 7, 2013
    Good to see i'm not the only one having problems .... Please post back if they come up with a fix ....

17. Jim Shorts

Jim Shorts Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2014
    Virginia
    yep.

18. grenadedodger

grenadedodger Well-Known Member

Jul 6, 2010
    Manchester, UK
    Can't get in at the moment, global problem?

19. Rumblecat

Rumblecat Well-Known Member

Mar 16, 2010
    Thailand
    Think it was yeah, I had the same problem all day yesterday- couldn't get in- but it's all fine now.

Possibly been covered in the thread already but is there a reason why the game needs to be connected to the net to work? It's a bit of a pain, and means that it's a no-no for long flights and so on. I'd gladly pay an IAP for a 'net free' version.

20. Lohengriehn

Lohengriehn Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2013
    of course there is, why do you think its free?