Universal Mark Skids

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Benananana, May 8, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Benananana

Benananana Active Member

Nov 11, 2012
    Hello Touch Arcaders,

I'm releasing my new game, Mark Skids, on Thursday!

It's a single-button endless runner sort of thing, where you skid and jump under and over obstacles.
    It has leaderboards, unlockable characters, and it's completely free!

Here's a little trailer:

I'd absolutely love some feedback, so here's a few promo codes if anyone wants to give it a spin before Thursday:

NRM7KNYWX4KX
    HRKAXEHNWT4X
    3ERJ9A9NL3L3
    ML333R66HH63
    XT449A9X76KE
    AMTT67994W73
    R3K4HL6LXYJR
    EXERF4F6H3MY
    X7LRF4WFF9ME
    KT7AFP7TMATT

Thanks!

2. Patthegymnast

Patthegymnast Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2016
    Took KT7AFP7TMATT

3. paulkane

paulkane Well-Known Member

Sep 6, 2012
    Library automaton
    Denver
    #3 paulkane, May 8, 2017
    Last edited: May 8, 2017
    Grabbed X7LRF4WFF9ME. Thanks.

Edit: Played a bunch of rounds in each mode. I like the controls, but I think my ipad3 is struggling a bit, as there were plenty of frame rate skips. Still, it's a fun and charming minimalist arcade runner which is appealing to me. The music is fun and unexpected and I like the variation from game to game. Also the stuff you character says when he dies is great. As far as modes go, I liked the endless mode the best, especially because of the random obstacles. I found the easy and hard modes fairly hard and oddly did a bit better on the hard mode. Jumping over the tall thin blocks proved to be too much, especially on easy mode. I couldn't get past 9 and I probably tried 20-30 times? I like how there are different characters. I'm a fan of unlockable characters and love lots of variation and fun ones, so there's room to add there, especially if you think about animals and weird stuff. A British girl/woman character should be standard too. Good Luck!

4. Benananana

Benananana Active Member

Nov 11, 2012
    Glad to hear you enjoyed it! I apologise for the frame rate skips, I'll see if I can fix that in an update, this is my first full project in Unity so I'm kind of figuring things out as I go...

5. paulkane

paulkane Well-Known Member

Sep 6, 2012
    Library automaton
    Denver
    The frame rate got better as I continued playing, so I think it's just my old iPad. Also, after playing endless a lot more, I went back to easy mode and was able to fair much better with the tall skinny blocks. So, I think I just got more comfortable with the controls, which made easy mode easier. Thanks again for the early access. I'm really enjoying your game. There's something about the interplay of the controls that I really like.