MC5 - TA Squad

Discussion in 'MMO Codes and 'Add Me' Requests' started by oscar123967, Jul 15, 2014.

1. Mess

Mess Well-Known Member

Jul 17, 2013
    #801 Mess, Aug 3, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 3, 2014
    I agree in principle, but I would want to exclude anyone from being able to join. Yes we could get in the top 25, probably higher if we selected the right people and they went online at the same time - but as Rip said at the start, this isn't about the leaderboards.

We need to have a mixture in each squad, people that are going to be online at the same time; for example I often see Paul, ElectroCat, Goro, Checkspell, (damn forgotten the other again there's about 6-8 in total) and others that will just compete every now and again but are in the same time zone roughly so we will see each other.

I dunno, maybe there's a better way of doing it, but timezone squads seems to make sense to me...

2. Sn0wCl0ne

Sn0wCl0ne Member

Jul 24, 2014
    Sorry guys that I haven't been on the last 2 days a huge storm came through the area and knocked out the power, I will be back to playing alout now :D

3. paulkolin86

paulkolin86 Well-Known Member

Nov 9, 2012
    I'm ready to play some squad battles since now untill 10 pm (GMT+2). This is my last free day so since tomorrow I'm available between 18-23 pm.

4. Mess

Mess Well-Known Member

Jul 17, 2013
    Hopefully catch you later on, but not sure I will be on around 8bst...

5. revolverblue85

revolverblue85 Well-Known Member

Aug 10, 2012
    I am in the states. Est time zone

6. Utfan

Utfan Well-Known Member

Mar 27, 2013
    Many friends of mine just bought the game and made a squad. So I think I'll be joining that. Thanks for all the fun and help guys! Really enjoyed the TA squad! I'm in Bravo and my username is PhillyKap/ Phillip K so you know who to remove :)

Thanks again guys! :)

7. slgz14

slgz14 New Member

Jul 20, 2014
    Gotta leave TA Charlie, guys, sorry :(. Good luck.

8. Fastbridge

Fastbridge Well-Known Member

Aug 20, 2009
    Service advisor for Honda
    NYC, New York. USA
    They're dropping like flies. Time for a shuffling

9. JCman7

JCman7 Well-Known Member

Jul 6, 2009
    Mechanical Engineering
    NY
    Sorry to see you go Phillip I enjoyed playing with you! (James D)

10. Rip73

Rip73 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    Thanks very much for letting us know, its appreciated and very much understood.

11. ChaosProdigy

ChaosProdigy Well-Known Member

Apr 23, 2009
    Male
    Account Manager
    Boston
    There is some afk players in the Alpha Squad that are the same lvl and same multiplayer ranking for as long as I've been a member of the squad- what exactly is the time when we purge inactives?

12. oscar123967

oscar123967 Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2012
    #812 oscar123967, Aug 4, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 4, 2014
    Rip and I are still talking about. We're both on the same road though, so expect an answer soon.

13. Utfan

Utfan Well-Known Member

Mar 27, 2013
    Same here! Enjoyed playing with you too!

14. Utfan

Utfan Well-Known Member

Mar 27, 2013
    Hey no problem. Thanks for the fun with TA! Maybe I'll be back for MC6 :)

15. Rip73

Rip73 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    #815 Rip73, Aug 4, 2014
    Okay, as alpha team leader, I've made the nuclear decision.
    My loyalty is to the people on my team.
    They may not be the most active, they may not be the ones with the most amount of free time.
    However, there are still the people that I have personal respect for.

There's a few new ones, there is a lot of old ones. If you want out, well then fair enough, however, I'm not going to bounce ya because you're busy. I'm very busy myself, September and November are going or be heavy months for me where I will not have a lot of time but you will be the ones that will benefit from me being busy.

So, no, alpha is mine, I'm keeping it because I respect people too much and the people on team alpha.
    If you want out, feel free, I will still respect you if you require a more active team, perfectly understandable, but some are here because we don't have that kind of time and we need a team too.
    And you know what, nothing is more important than a good team that one can respect and I'd rather have a team I can respect than a leaderboard position.

In relation to a purge decision, I'll ask them all and those that have deleted it will obviously go, I know most of them well enough that they will be honest and that's fine, but lets not forget .... Ah whatever, look, a teams a team. Either be a team or don't. I'm a team player though and I expect the same from others. That team player ness gets loyalty as a reward and little is more important than loyalty.
    I'm simply not going to disrespect those people on team alpha that are even a little bit active.

16. JCman7

JCman7 Well-Known Member

Jul 6, 2009
    Mechanical Engineering
    NY
    Thanks! Were friends so hopefully I can join in a match with you once in a while.

17. Utfan

Utfan Well-Known Member

Mar 27, 2013
    Yup definitely

18. oscar123967

Aug 1, 2012
    #818 oscar123967, Aug 4, 2014
    He doesn't mean it in a harsh way chaosprodigy.

What he means is that we're satisfied with what we have right now — a squad full of toucharcade family members. See, we started this whole idea for that. We didn't want to be competitive, we didn't want to pressure anyone; its just a squad for chilling with the TA family.

So on that note if you guys wish to have a more competitive squad with really active players, you all can form your own. You can chat here or chat else where. I can manage your rosters if you want, just ask.

So yeah, thats the conclusion we came up with.

19. Rip73

Rip73 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    No, I do not mean it in a harsh way by any means or interpretation, but I will be loyal to the team irrespective of harshness.

20. oscar123967

Aug 1, 2012
    Yeah, so I hope you all understand :)
    If you're looking for a place to chill with us TA members and just hang out, then you're welcomed to join. We want you to join.
    But if you're looking for a more hardcore clan-like squad then these are not the squads for ya.