MC5 - TA Squad

Discussion in 'MMO Codes and 'Add Me' Requests' started by oscar123967, Jul 15, 2014.

1. Rip73

Rip73 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    Exactly.
    If people want to move around an what have ya, well, yes of course, do that, why not.
    Nothing at all wrong with that.
    I just can't really bring myself to bounce people from the team though in an unfair manner.
    It's just not right.

2. Mess

Mess Well-Known Member

Jul 17, 2013
    Rip and Oscar. - respect that decision, an I have no issues with it.

I am happy to stay on Charlie, as I enjoy playing with the guys in there :D

3. ChaosProdigy

ChaosProdigy Well-Known Member

Apr 23, 2009
    Male
    Account Manager
    Boston
    #823 ChaosProdigy, Aug 4, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 4, 2014
    Just read the replies and I see your point. Allow me to share my own perspective a bit more:
    My only issue with that point of view is very simple: if someone is "family" in name and idea only - meaning they are just a name on a list we "respect" yet they do not have time to play even 1 minite of solo or multiplayer for days and weeks at a time- then in a observable and measurable way they are hurting the Squad. By having players who are never on continue to take up a spot we then have less active TA players to play with, fewer squad matches etc and then we lose some of the most active players on top of that because of that.

The reality of it is that there are many active Touch Arcade members who we can respect and "play" with. So in my eyes a simple solution is to make a Touch Arcade Delta and give a home to the less active players- that way they are still in the community and have a home. It just makes logical sense to put players who actually play the game together because having 25%+ of the squad as dead weight isn't helping anyone including those AFK players. I'm sure even the afk players would agree they don't want to just be a placeholder for 10 days - rather they can leave and join Delta or rejoin later.

I wasnt trying to cause drama earlier or right now, we can just agree to disagree on how long you allow someone to be inactive. I get that it is a relaxed Squad but i don't see it as a positive thing keeping 100% inactive players "for a long time" just because they are Touch Arcade family. At the end of the day I feel they should at least play the game to be here or why do they even want to have a spot in this squad?

TLDR: long term the current "no kicking inactives for a long time" will likely lead to more inactives keeping their spot and squad losing more active players who go to other more active squads.
    Just my 2 cents.

Rip, as you said in another post "different oppinions offer a greater opportunity to understanding, or at least attempting to understand an alternative perspective."

4. Sn0wCl0ne

Sn0wCl0ne Member

Jul 24, 2014
    Ok really sorry for my inactivity guys, first I lose power for a few days and now my grandparents decided to suprise and come visit us. They fly out on Wednesday so I should be playing again after then!

5. oscar123967

oscar123967 Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2012
    #825 oscar123967, Aug 4, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 4, 2014
    You're missing the point though, the purpose of these squads were so that we can have a centralized area to chat/play with our close TA members. We're good friends with each other & we're not going to be kicking because they're busy with personal stuff or other mobile games. These squads were not made to be filled up with hardcore MC5 players, just friendly TA members (who can either be a hardcore MC5 player or just a casual player). These are the TouchArcade squads. TouchArcade is a website filled with people who enjoy mobile gaming in general, not just MC5. If you're looking for an extremely active squad then these are not the ones, unless you're willing to start up your own.

Also, the people who have completely stopped playing MC5 (have deleted it and will never pick it up again) should not be a problem. We will be kicking them as theres absolutely no point to be keeping them

You can start up your own TA squad and I'll be happy to manage it. TA delta? And we can fill that up with active MC5 players only. If others want they can transfer out of Alpha, Bravo, or Charlie and join Delta.

Note: you did not cause any drama what so ever. No drama here, just discussion.

6. Mess

Mess Well-Known Member

Jul 17, 2013
    Understandable, hope you enjoy their visit :D

7. ChaosProdigy

Apr 23, 2009
    Male
    Account Manager
    Boston
    Very good writeup, thank you for that.
    That said, for me personally I would be interested in a TA Delta for active players only but I'm not sure I would be the best person to manage it because I'm only free to play evenings EST, (daily i can ay) but still limited by my work schedule Mon through Friday. I can't play until after 8EST
    I'm the type of player who joins a squad to do PVP so if i can rarely find that in Alpha then i can patiently wait for Delta to get started. In no rush here just would like more squad pvp action.

8. Bad_Trip

Bad_Trip Well-Known Member

Jul 17, 2014
    Production Director
    The Bay to Nashville
    ^As ChaosProdigy said, I somewhat agree with a squad of really active players. As others have said we could be quite high ranking considering how good some of our players are! Just a thought though, I'm happy to just be in one of the TA squads in general :)

9. oscar123967

Aug 1, 2012
    Go for it. One of you guys could be leaders and I'll manage the roster here for ya. I'm sure people will join.

10. ChaosProdigy

Apr 23, 2009
    Male
    Account Manager
    Boston
    #830 ChaosProdigy, Aug 5, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 5, 2014
    I've ran guilds in other IOS games and MMOs over the years and the one thing i can offer is reliability because I would never just dissapear. That said i am only playing MC5 with no signs of slowing down so ill put my name "in the hat" for leader of Delta active TA players only.

Rather than canibbalize Alpha, Beta, Charlie too much, ill post on MC5 thread daily to get more players.

My idea is to take weekly in game screenshot of squad page. Those who aren't lvling up at all or don't reply my email i will when I ask them about it we can jumust remove and send them mail with link to these forums.

If someone needs to AFK for more than 5 days they can let us know or move to one of the other TA clans.

What do u guys think?

11. oscar123967

Aug 1, 2012
    Sounds great to me. Want me to go ahead and add delta to the list right now?

12. ChaosProdigy

Apr 23, 2009
    Male
    Account Manager
    Boston
    Ok, I just left TA Alpha and created TA Delta. Made it by invite only. Let me know what else I need to do.

My game center is Chaosprodigy if anyone wants to friend me. I would like some instructions step by step on how to invite those who friend me to squad. Never done that before.

13. oscar123967

Aug 1, 2012
    Awesome now just get the word out and update me on the rosters every now and then.

To invite people all you have to do is find their name under the friends list > tap their name > tap "invite to squad"

14. ChaosProdigy

Apr 23, 2009
    Male
    Account Manager
    Boston
    ok sweet man, I'm hoping we get many Squad battles in every day. I want that squad message page to be poppin'!

15. oscar123967

Aug 1, 2012
    Awesome :D

I believe paul and bad_trip were looking for a more active TA squad. They're pretty active so I think they'll be a good addition

16. ChaosProdigy

Apr 23, 2009
    Male
    Account Manager
    Boston
    Sure, let me know if they are here - friend me and i'll invite. Just me so far in TA Delta

17. Bad_Trip

Jul 17, 2014
    Production Director
    The Bay to Nashville
    #837 Bad_Trip, Aug 5, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 5, 2014
    Hey! I just added you on Gamecenter, my GC username is TheFallOfTrippe, and I'm currently in Bravo however I'm seriously considering leave and joining this Delta squad.

I do really like some of my new buddies in Bravo, however me being in the West Coast (California) somehow I never see anybody online... However I'm thinking the lack of squad members for me to play with may not be just my timezone, I may be a little more active than some other people so I'm considering Delta. If several people are interested and/or join, and we're all looking for a squad to be more active; I will definitely throw my name in as well.

18. oscar123967

Aug 1, 2012
    Its best to add each leader through in-game instead of through GC. I have some instructions on how to on the main post.

19. 2133

2133 Well-Known Member

Jun 13, 2012
    Student
    Indonesia
    Trippe...! No... Don't leave bravo :(
    JK. It was nice having you in bravo! I too barely see anyone online, living in Indonesia.

20. Bad_Trip

Jul 17, 2014
    Production Director
    The Bay to Nashville
    ^2133, don't worry, I haven't left yet :)

I'm still considering whether or not the move will be worth it, I will do it if we get some more people! But for now with only a couple people it will probably make it harder to get a squad battle going, lol