Universal Mission Europa (by Bansheesoft)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Haruhi, Mar 16, 2011.

1. Osmiral

Osmiral Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2009
    Ok so I’ve been playing for awhile, got to the transcoder worm thing. But when I went after him, like five times everything went weird and my left arm went flying away the camera when spinning around through walls, and lots of the enemies arms and heads went flying around, slowly they came back in place, but it happened a lot. Then I finally beat the worm guy then teleported back to the main place. But after like 5 seconds the screen just went completely white… I can’t play as of now with the white screen as I can’t do anything, I tried to go out and stop the game in multitasking then go back in but it still goes completely white.

2. SouL_DragooN

SouL_DragooN Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2010
    Architecture for money Games for Fun
    Mansfield Texas
    yea you are not the only one experiencing that I am about to look at it in an hour.. I will get back with you.. sounds totally wild...

3. #263 1nonya1, Mar 16, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 16, 2011
    Read the thread again.

EDIT: Okay, I'm a moron - yes, I still have my items (thanks be to the Bebe Jeezus!).

How are we supposed to gather crash logs? Any way you can set the next update so that if it crashes it dumps the logs into the Documents folder for that game and we can pull them out through iTunes?

4. jxw245

jxw245 Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2011
    Texas
    I don't the game needs much improving except for bug fixes, where should i report bugs that i find?

5. ojtitus

ojtitus Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2010
    Male
    Canton, Ohio
    #265 ojtitus, Mar 16, 2011
    Just purchased the collectors edition and wanted to give my vote for a universal app update somewhere down the road. Great job Ryan! There is a lot of love in this game. ;)

6. SouL_DragooN

Jan 12, 2010
    Mansfield Texas
    Best place right now is my blog for bugs. I check it the most and times are nuts!..

Os.. Another person had that issue I will fix it but for now run for the door as fast as you can then play as normal.. Something is summoning.. Not sure why.. 177 quests so a few might be wonky.. I played them all 3 times and Doom 2x.

Thanks guys!..

More later =)..

27th place on RPG charts! ;) good stuff..

7. iMario

iMario Well-Known Member

What's so great about this? The graphics look terrible from the screenshots.

8. jumpman475

jumpman475 Well-Known Member

Aug 31, 2009
    Student
    Ithaca, NY
    When I try to set my name after I put in my password for the second time and hit enter it goes back to the multiplayer menu but Im not sure if my name is set. Also I didn't get the first day's gifts...

9. silentcorp

silentcorp Well-Known Member

Aug 10, 2010
    Really ambitious title man, congrats!

Things I would like to see updated a bit:

Enemy AI - these guys all are rock stupid. They run at you, and shoot. Doesn't make for very compelling shooter gameplay.

Button response - I hit them sometimes 3/4 times and nothing happens. This really seems to happen the most when I'm standing over a dead body and the loot screen is up, it's hard to keep firing as the button seems unresponsive.

Enemy Names/Health Bar - I want to turn all of this off. Not because it's not usefull but because it literally covers most of my screen once a few enemies are found.

Text Font - Seriously, some of the worst font choice I've ever seen in a game like this.

Overall I'd like to see a bit of polish, if you had another artist take a pass at it that'd be great too! The art style is really off putting. Many of my "iDevice" gamer friends took one look at it and passed it off, regardless of game play and content. The animations suffer a bit too, for one person this is a friggin miracle but it really just opens the door into "what if he had a bit more time/resources to make this thing REALLY shine".

Either way, I'm playing and enjoying it. Random dungeons are cool (even if a bit redundant) and all the loot keeps me coming back for more! Again, congrats on this major accomplishment!

10. bigred447uk

bigred447uk Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2009
    There's more to life than graphics mate. ... Ever heard of gameplay?

11. Osmiral

Osmiral Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2009
    Oh just thought I'd mention that on your blog I'm lightningstrikegames as thats my game company name and shows up because of my wordpress blog. Oh and just got the spud cannon, I love that is automatic, but if you tap the button instead you can shoot it so dang fast!

12. silentcorp

Aug 10, 2010
    I'm also crashing quite a bit whenever I talk to the AI girl. It starts to load and then crashes out. Happens about 1/2 the time it seems.

13. medianotzu

medianotzu Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2009
    Man, the shooting is just so much fun to me in this game. It feels great. I basically never use melee because I'm always shooting, shooting, shooting. Which means I am also constantly selling off all my materials so I can buy more ammo.

Is there a blueprint for creating ballistics ammo? That would actually be really great and help me a lot, and it would make sense...seems bullets would be among the easiest things to make.

14. jxw245

jxw245 Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2011
    Texas
    Try restarting, it stopped crashing then for me but now i'm getting random crashes at other times :/

15. SouL_DragooN

Jan 12, 2010
    Mansfield Texas
    If you do not want the loot pup ups goto the Options menu. LOTS of options in there.

If you have crashing rebooting will help...

(If I could afford to have a crew of artist believe me I would I am generally very happy with the result.)

The enemy AI changes over time. In the beginning they are very slow and stupid.. around level 45 you will be begging for slow and stupid ;)

Funny Os I never knew lol.. Nice!

Thanks guys keep the questions rolling I am sending out review requests. =)

16. MrSpud

MrSpud Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2009
    Custom finishing carpenter
    Wasaga beach, Ontario, Canada
    So you did not lose your savegame after all? Just curious, not arguing with you it's just that I never had that issue, claiming you lost your savegame is a pretty big statement.

17. SouL_DragooN

Jan 12, 2010
    Mansfield Texas
    #277 SouL_DragooN, Mar 16, 2011
    P.S. I have a code for T.A. but no where to send it if they would like to see if a review is in order?

Any ideas?

P.S.S. If you have an issue the device you are using really helps... this plays awesome on ALL devices.. so some people report issues on 1st gen devices (they will have to clear all memory to play as the device power wise is an atari compared to a Xbox (iPhone4) hehe )

Wish I had an iPhone 4.. ;P I have one in the simulator!

18. Doom

Doom Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2011
    Working for the man
    Northeastern California
    BigRed....you are so right....good call!

19. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    Game looks great, but I'm low on cash right now. Little confused still in the different editions. I understand most of the "perks" like health potions and stuff, but the description under the "Standard" edition says 50 hours of gameplay and 5 episodes with 170 missions.

So is that correct? And the collector's edition has 10 episodes total?

Might shell out $3.99 if it has 50 hours of gameplay in that edition alone. If that's not true, I wish they had done a lite with even just a few missions before deciding to fork out $9.99 for the "full" game.

20. silentcorp

Aug 10, 2010
    Thanks for the response Soul Dragoon!

I know you can turn on/off many of the loot/damage messages but there is no option to turn off enemy names/health bars. Those are the most jarring for me, if there is a group of 3/4 baddies down a hall, I literally can't even seem them behind the 3/4 name plates/health bars.

Good to know the AI increases dramatically, at this point I have to say the gunplay is a little "wolfenstien" to me.

Any word on the buttons, does anyone else have a hard time reloading/shooting at times?

I've rebooted my device a few times since I downloaded the game (iphone 4 here) and it's still crashing a lot of the time I talk to the AI lady. Either way, off to play some more now! Again, thanks for the game and congrats on the major accomplishment!