Universal Mission Europa (by Bansheesoft)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Haruhi, Mar 16, 2011.

1. jsrco

jsrco Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Oct 15, 2009
    Coordinator
    Seattle
    Well to be technical, comic books are delivered to you in a format that increases your intrest becuase they are spoon fed to you in timed installments. The same reason soaps and tv shows with reoccuring story arcs are popular.

That argument does not carry over to this medium. Gameplay is a primary focus and visuals are not always needed. However with this game, immersion into the enviorment is promoted by the story and the graphics. But with many games, it less about the graphics and more about the gameplay.

I could say that they are important when playing a game like this one, because it tries to immerse you in the game world and story. I can say that even the youtube videos do not do this games graphics the proper justice, they seem to blurry. It really looks pretty good in motion.

2. jsrco

jsrco Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Oct 15, 2009
    Coordinator
    Seattle
    I have had several items drop that show no armor value. But when I reload it magically appears. The first I encountered was the head of the first boss and then a few saintly items.

3. Serian

Serian Well-Known Member

Nov 26, 2010
    The game looks intriguing. Will the CE be available all the time or is it a limited time thing?

4. SouL_DragooN

SouL_DragooN Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2010
    Architecture for money Games for Fun
    Mansfield Texas
    CE will always be there for those that will enjoy all it has to offer =)

No Ammo Schematics currently I will put that on the list.. that could be an interesting idea.. You can buy all you need at the armory... sell your mats they add up quick.. =)

5. medianotzu

medianotzu Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2009
    Hm, I dunno, this shield doesn't show any armor value when I equip it at all....

6. medianotzu

Nov 21, 2009
    Oh yeah, that's what I do now...but I was just thinking it might be cool to be able to have a cheaper way to get ammo.

Someone asked why the regular edition isn't just a paid lite, by the way...c'mon now, when have you ever known a lite version that offers 10+ hours of gameplay?

7. mekanikal fiend

mekanikal fiend Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2010
    i just realized that you can stand by the shop and keep closing the window, and when it reappears different stuff is available..
    just increased almost all of my armors, what does the durability do? is it better to have a lower armor rating with better durability or is it better to use a higher level rusted armor with a higher armor rating but lower durability?

8. medianotzu

Nov 21, 2009
    Good question--I have been trying to figure out how the armor values are calculated since Necromancer Rising. I usually just go for whichever one is in better condition, but I sometimes wonder if I've melted/sold armor that may have been a little better than what I was wearing...

9. Serian

Serian Well-Known Member

Nov 26, 2010
    Just a guess as I don't know the system in this game, but durability is usually how long an armor will last before repairs are needed or it is past repair time. I would probably go with higher defense and less durability, but the need to monitor how well it is holding up would be important (unless there is an onscreen indicator for it).

10. ojtitus

ojtitus Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2010
    Male
    Canton, Ohio
    Hey Ryan, Great Job on the game, I just left you a review on itunes. I also went to a local wifi hotspot to register my username. Any chance there are still some presents left for me. Thanks.

11. Serian

Serian Well-Known Member

Nov 26, 2010
    Question about the IAP. Is it just a way to get ahead for those less patient or will it be items that cannot be found any other way? I see there is Saintly Armor available for purchase already, which sparked my curiosity.

Also, for those playing it and/or devs, is this a game similar to System Shock / Deus Ex?

12. legowiz

legowiz Well-Known Member

Mar 21, 2009
    Behind you!
    Well, with every video I watch of this game, I want to get it more and more, but I have a final in 3 hours and must study for it, so the earliest I'll actually be able to play this game is in 5 hours...It's so hard to wait! I tried the lite version of Necromancer, and I think the only thing I didn't like about it were the controls and cluttered UI, but this one looks so much better. I absolutely love the atmosphere and personally, I think the graphics rock! They may not be Infinity Blade equivalent graphics, but at least everything looks the same and isn't mismatched or anything. The graphics look colorful and interesting, something Infinity Blade could use some work on, most textures are a bit dull in color, but they do look awesome. All in all, this game is probably one of the few that I'm seriously okay with paying $10 for, and that doesn't happen often ;) Great amount of dev participation and support, I'm definitely going to be supporting this guy :D

13. Rylin

Rylin Well-Known Member

Apr 28, 2009
    If only I had a capture card. I could technically hook up my iPhone 4 to my Tv with the new HDMI cord and then send the signal to my computer to stream live. :rolleyes:

This game is insanely addicting for anyone still on the fence. Screenshots (however low detail they may look) don't do the game justice.

Just buy this game, you won't regret it if you put a bit of time into it to get a taste of the games' massive size

14. mekanikal fiend

mekanikal fiend Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2010
    i'm playing on my ipad in 2x mode, and i noticed if wifi symbol isnt on top toolbar (next to iPad) and you go to mailbox. there is no X to close the searching for mail window. so if your not connected to wifi, you cant get the menu to close except by exiting or loading.

Just got to mission 10 and am having lots of fun!!! Great Game! :)

15. SouL_DragooN

Jan 12, 2010
    Mansfield Texas
    Lots of questions ;)

Armor The armor number is important but the bonuses can be more important.. the condition premults the armor value AND the BONUS! They are all reflected in the window.

IAP. Those are it for now more maybe added later if people think of things others would like....

Presents are going out ALL launch week! .. nothing missed

People should send out message Necro is still free that ends tomorrow.. again mention that is over a year ago (it took 3 months to get through apple back then)

Keep the comments coming the are like rocket fuel! =)

16. SouL_DragooN

Jan 12, 2010
    Mansfield Texas
    Thanks ta for the front page! =)

17. medianotzu

Nov 21, 2009
    Awesome! Congrats Ryan!

18. Something to think about: server-side savegame uploads/downloads.
    THat way users can jump between their iPhones/iPods/iPads and continue where they left off. Galaxy on Fire 2 did this very well via a third-party service.

What? No Gamecenter support?

19. SouL_DragooN

Jan 12, 2010
    Mansfield Texas
    Game center did not have the features I wanted.. In game screens advanced stat tracking etc.. I made my own. ;)..

I may add it later it is really no big deal I just did not see any benefits.. =/

I can do that.. I already have the binary slot in the server data. The only concern was duplicating items since there is a mailbox.. ideas on that one?

20. Rylin

Rylin Well-Known Member

Apr 28, 2009
    Off topic Ryan, did you or do you plan on adding some sort of coop play? It would be interesting to play the level hubs with a friend. ;)