Universal Mission Europa (by Bansheesoft)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Haruhi, Mar 16, 2011.

1. iphoneprogrammer

iphoneprogrammer Well-Known Member

Mar 26, 2009
    Financial Analyst for Baines and Ernst
    London, UK
    This game is ****ing phenomenal. The only issue I have is that icon. To me it is quite hideous. But other than that, this has my vote for GOTY.

2. Rylin

Rylin Well-Known Member

Apr 28, 2009
    I don't quite understand the clock mechanics that you have to 'hack'. Has anyone figured this out?

3. Hmmm....here's a hypothetical concerning that mailbox:

Player 1 has ultra-bad-ass-sword in his inventory. He saves his game then proceeds to mail it to to Player 2. After mailing it to Player 2 he then reloads his game to get the ultra-bad-ass-sword back.
    Rinse and repeat as often as needed, both ways.

Now, does the game auto-save after sending/receiving something via the mailbox?
    If not...ummm...you're working on that pronto right?
    Otherwise things could get real screwy inside the game, especially in the arenas.

4. icepulse

icepulse Well-Known Member

Aug 7, 2008
    Tetris was a beautifully designed, aesthetically balanced game. Minimalism is often more beautiful than ornate and complex design.

All the more reason to have the visuals be aesthetically pleasing. Know why Howard Johnson's uses the orange and sky blue color scheme? Because that combination of colors has been scientifically proven to be repellent, after prolonged viewing. Why would HoJo's want to repel customers? Simple; you go there because it's on the side of the highway during long trips, and folks often have little choice. They don't want you to linger, though. Eat and LEAVE.

Just because something isn't highly detailed, doesn't mean it's poorly drawn. Style is king, and few people know it better than a strip artist. Frankly, if you give me an example of a strip you're referring to, I'll tell you either:

1. Why the art IS indeed good.
    2. Why that strip sucks.

That much is true.

5. SouL_DragooN

SouL_DragooN Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2010
    Architecture for money Games for Fun
    Mansfield Texas

1nonya1
    Yea I could do some technique on a move.. so much to consider.

Leegames: studePaber: THANKS!
    It works GREAT ON iPAD! High res retina =) Doom tested it for months on the ipad =)
    Ipad shot here:
    [​IMG]

FlyinJ:
    It depends on the loot really.. A big factor in some items is the condition they are in.. rusted and decrepit would sell a LOT less then an Uber rare Angelic...

TEMP PLAYER SEARCH TOOL:
    http://www.missioneuropagame.com/searchPlayerByName.php?player=doom

6. snoppscar

snoppscar Well-Known Member

Jan 8, 2011
    This is what Ryan said in the upcoming thread:

"It is HD retina

No universal plans as of now.. so much ios code in the SouL_EnginE 1.0. but if sales are great enough.. I am sure that could happen with a character transfer tool."

But as you can see it looks pretty good on the iPad, I mean necromancer rising looks good on the iPad imo and this looks even better.

7. For the iPad 2 you might want to think about upgrading the engine to add in some AA code in there. That iPad pic looks like jaggy-hell.

8. sizzlakalonji

sizzlakalonji Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Apr 16, 2009
    Indiana, USA
    Ryan, I'm really enjoying the game so far, but there is one thing I would like to see added that would literally triple my enjoyment. One of the things I like so much about the Dungeon Hunter games is the auto-equip function for loot. I know a lot of people like to micro manage their equipment, but that is my least favorite part of these games. I don't know if this is possible, but with so many items available, a potential positive becomes a negative because I'm a bit overwhelmed. Is there any chance of this?
    EDIT: in case I wasn't clear, this function auto equips the best possible armor and weapons available.

9. studepaber007

studepaber007 Well-Known Member

Jan 26, 2011
    Ohio
    Okay, I'm sold. I can tell this game will rock, it just seems HUGE. Once I play it tonight I will post impressions and start spreading the word to friends and other gamesites :)

10. SouL_DragooN

Jan 12, 2010
    Mansfield Texas
    1nonya1: Next game will have the new engine and support open-GL ES 2.0 WHICH sadly nixes more then half of the potential players as you have to be 3Gs plus to use.. But that is a while away =) first make M.E. even more awesomer (yes call Websters and have them add that word please someone )

Sizzle: There is a compare func and then you can compare the stats.. the hard thing for me is what build are you going for.. you could literally get two awesome shields and duel wield them Then go all nuking so INT and NRG would be best for you.. Or go with a Laser Sword and a Plasma Axe then all STR for you.. OR a ice pistol and a Double Macerator Then a spread of INT AGIL AND STR... so its really hard to find the best with a lot of complexity and there is a LOT as far as equipment and skills... any ideas?

Stude: pretty sure you will love it.. Collectors or Standard will be the call =)..

UPDATE ADDED A PLAYER SEARCH ON THE MAIN PAGE...

11. hamster787

hamster787 Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2010
    #351 hamster787, Mar 16, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 16, 2011
    loving it ryan well done goty by far better than expected! best ios game to date @iphoneprogrammer personal preference but i LOVE the icon fits the game perfectly in my opinion ;) oh KINGOFLATENCY (still says MALICE M. on the top) in the arena but i can't get it working it just says that im already in line for a match so im waiting (5mins so far give it another 5) not sure what is happening it hasn't joined maybe no one is on....

12. SouL_DragooN

Jan 12, 2010
    Mansfield Texas
    #352 SouL_DragooN, Mar 16, 2011
  13. Sanuku

Sanuku Well-Known Member

Gameplay Trailer:

Part I:

14. Java

Java Well-Known Member

Sep 10, 2010
    United States
    I sent you a PM. It requires some urgent attention.

15. Rylin

Rylin Well-Known Member

Apr 28, 2009
    So dumping points into Int would yield better results when using ranged weapons? I'm a bit confused with the four stats and what they enhance

16. domino5343

domino5343 Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2010
    Need....a.....jooobbb lol
    On a Boat!
    #356 domino5343, Mar 16, 2011
    Ryan, I am really enjoying this game. Its the first time i played a game like this on iOS and people in my social group told me about it so i wanted to pick it up. I was blown away. The shear amount of things to do is amazing. The graphics fit the game perfectly. All the rpg elements and shooting elements are awesome and balanced quite nicely. The gameplay and buttons is fluent and responsive. The screen can get cluttered sometimes on the ipod touch but its alright. im really looking foward to see how Arena plays out also. The last thing is, i heard you created it by yourself. If you did, then i tip my hat to you. i know how tedious and frustrating programming games are and to do it by yourself is an achievement by itself. Congrats on finishing the game and if i had a choice, this would be Game of the Year.

17. Arashi541

Arashi541 Well-Known Member

My copy also says malice m on the top not the name i choose for it. I am unable to get on the online part of the game because of the bugs.

18. hamster787

hamster787 Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2010
    ryan can you inform me a bit about this arena i mean when it says select location i cannot see what the options are (iphone 4) im in uk but if i tap the screen twice it says attempting to connect to server currently its saying it is down well obviously this is beta, fixing problems ;) 4 and a half hour game time in a day :/ lol should get a life haha actually screw it im playing more!:D

19. Java

Java Well-Known Member

Sep 10, 2010
    United States
    Um the game has been "stolen" so please keep reporting the links if you happen to come across them.

20. thethinice

thethinice Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2010
    Hawaii
    #360 thethinice, Mar 16, 2011
    Hey guys I'm thethinice on multiplayer so send me some goods ;)

By the way I'm lovingthe game Ryan!! I wantto see YOU in the arena! And doom too ;)