Universal Mission Europa (by Bansheesoft)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Haruhi, Mar 16, 2011.

1. Pocketnova

Pocketnova Well-Known Member

Oct 15, 2012
    Ah, thanks for clearing that up! I think I'll go with the CE, because I feel like that though they come out to the same price, I prefer to get it all in one bundle.

2. basil

basil Well-Known Member

Apr 5, 2013
    I've yet to play a real fps on ios, are the controls decent or just playable? I'm on an iphone 4.

This game seems right up my alley, looks like EYE Divine Cybermancy for the PC

3. Pocketnova

Oct 15, 2012
    After downloading the game today, all I can say is "Wow. this is one amazing FPS RPG" Very highly recommended, although I must note that people looking for a faster based combat/better graphics game might want to just go for a gameloft game. I am a big fan of Gameloft's shooters, but I am still LOVING this game. About forty or so minutes in to the game, and still on level one! One of the largest games I have ever played, and it's under a gig! Just goes to show how much space graphics etc take up.

Anyway, gets 5 stars from me! I hope it might eventually get some more updates.

4. poppichicken

poppichicken Well-Known Member

Mar 21, 2012
    South Australia
    Indeed it is an absolutely superb game.

When I played through it (seems like ages ago now!), it took over 45 hours, and I loved every minute of it.

I don't think there have been any updates for some time.
    The dev has been working on a new game for a while.
    http://ryanmitchellgames.wordpress.com/

I wish I had his work ethic.

5. Gunlock

Gunlock Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2010
    The only thing I would really like to see is a widescreen update. With a packed UI those additional inches would really make a difference.

6. ninjackid

ninjackid Well-Known Member

May 27, 2010
    I agree. I haven't even started playing this yet, but I know a widescreen update would be awesome.

7. bigred447uk

bigred447uk Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2009
    +1 for widescreen ! I hope Ryan pops in and sees this latter day love for this now long in the tooth classic. I might try and leave a comment on his blog if I get a minute.

8. Pocketnova

Oct 15, 2012
    I love this game (as stated before) but I am stuck on the "Bring me his head" quest. I can't find "him". +1 To widescreen, even though without it it doesn't effect gameplay.

9. Otaku73

Otaku73 Member

Oct 27, 2009
    #4029 Otaku73, Nov 23, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 23, 2013
    The game is not working on my ipad air. Anybody experiencing the same issue?
    I can hear the sound, but the screen is black.

10. JCho133

JCho133 Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    Your device is probably too new. A lot of games have that issue on the Air haha

11. Gunlock

Dec 13, 2010
    From what I can see on the developer's blog he is busy with his new game. But still it would be great to see an update to Mission Europa. I don't mean a content update but simple iOS / hardware / widescreen update so the game could run properly on newer devices. This is one of the few iOS games that I spent +50 hours, and I would gladly spend more but without widescreen support it is not comfortable to play.

12. Otaku73

Otaku73 Member

Oct 27, 2009
    Thx. Just wanted to be sure.

13. Jorlen

Jorlen Well-Known Member

Jan 7, 2009
    IT
    Canada
    I know it's probably been a while since most of you have played this, but I'm having an issue and wanted to know if anyone else experienced this.

I have the standard edition and wanted to purchase the in-game DLC for all episodes ($3). ANytime I try to purchase, it flashes a screen for like half a second that says "contacting apple" or something similar and then disappears.

Not sure if this is because Apple has changed things around with in-app purchases (I'm only coming back to IOS now after a few years break) and the dev may need to update his game, or if it's something else? I've contacted the dev on his facebook page but have not received a reply yet.

Cheers!

14. undeadcow

undeadcow Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    I'm not sure what exactly is going on with Jorlen's report but sometimes I've noticed a lag with IAPs where it takes forever for purchase information to pop up, but it usually does.

15. Avatre

Avatre Well-Known Member

Apr 30, 2013
    I somehow completely missed this and now it apparently won't work on the Air. Is there likely to be an update to add support and widescreen?

16. Jorlen

Jorlen Well-Known Member

Jan 7, 2009
    IT
    Canada
    I don't think the dev is actively working on this game anymore. The last update was a year and a half ago, and there are still odd bugs, possibly due to new IOS versions. The game crashes frequently for me on my ipad mini, and when I have auto-loot on, it doesn't seem to pick up legendary items (just keeps saying LEGENDARY in text when I move over the loot pile).

I was going to buy the collector's edition since I the IAP for the extra content doesn't work, but I don't really want to support a dead game. I contacted him on his BansheeSoft facebook page last week and haven't received any response either.

Shame.

17. JCho133

JCho133 Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    He's wrokingn on a new game, you can check his blog. So, you could buy it to support that! Haha

18. MrSpud

MrSpud Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2009
    Custom finishing carpenter
    Wasaga beach, Ontario, Canada
    There won't be an update anytime soon. This is a one-man game and if there's ever going to be an update it may be after the current project is finished. The main problem is that the game is oudated and won't run well on the latest iOS.

If you want to check the current project, follow the link in my signature, the developer is super friendly and almost always answer any questions. Beside, the next project is going to be Mission Europa 2 but that's probably a long time from now.

19. Jorlen

Jorlen Well-Known Member

Jan 7, 2009
    IT
    Canada
    I understand devs need to move on and work on other projects, but they should also keep their older games working at least. Mission Europa doesn't work on the new ipad air and even on my mini (IOS 7) it crashes regularly and there are other glitches that are likely caused by new operating system updates, such as the IAP purchases failing and the autoloot bug. The last update on Mission Europa was 20 months ago.

I was trying to find his older game, called Necromancer Rising, which I had purchased. I'm guessing he had it removed from the app store, which means I no longer have acccess.

Not a big deal, but I'd rather support developers who keep their older games functioning at the very least.

20. Gunlock

Dec 13, 2010
    Agreed. Mission Europa is one of my all time iOS favorites. I don't expect any content updates or anything like that, but still... the game is clearly having problems with the newest hardware and it is still in the AppStore for 5 bucks (Collector's Edition). At least there should be a warning in the app description for anyone who wants to buy it now that there are compatibility problems.