Universal Mister Kung-Fu (Uprising Games)

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Uprising Elton, Feb 27, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Uprising Elton

Uprising Elton Well-Known Member

Oct 6, 2009
    Coming soon, from the creator of Tennis Champs and SSC..

Mister Kung-Fu.

This is the first of a possible series of games using a custom ZX Spectrum emulation system I've put together. My own "Tribute" to the arcade classic "Kung-Fu Master", originally written as a hobby project for the humble old Speccy to enter a "game remakes" competition... (as the original conversion to the speccy was disappointing)
    I was so happy with how this turned out I decided to get it running as an App so Retro gamers can play it on the go!

It supports physical joypads and has customisable on screen controls too. Probably launching as a premium app in the very near future.

There's plenty of youtube videos of the underlying Spectrum game out there, just search "mister kung fu spectrum" to see it in action.

Elton

IMG_4916.PNG IMG_4917.PNG IMG_4910.PNG

Gwarmaxx likes this.
  2. Gwarmaxx

Gwarmaxx Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2010
    NCC 1701
    wow, can't wait for it...

3. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Sounds my cup of tea as I love the Speccy. Can’t wait

4. jpgold

jpgold Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2012
    Online Ad Sales - Pandora
    New York, NY
    Yes, yes, yes

Love everything about this and the dev. Only quality games here.

5. Uprising Elton

Oct 6, 2009
    The game is now submitted to Apple, so a release date will be announced soon. Price will be Tier 2 ($2.99 / £1.99) initially.

App Preview video..

*The video is 1080p, and when viewed small, the scan line effect can look very odd. Please full screen it or drop the quality down! *

6. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Hope this does well, would love to see way more games like this ! The original Kung Fu Master on the Speccy was awful ! This looks great

Hope you can use this 'emulator engine' for more games, theres some great Speccy original games out there created the last 10 years

7. Uprising Elton

Oct 6, 2009
    I'm hoping to bring a few others out with it too, yes. Am talking to a few people about it.. My emulator doesn't support the hi-colour stuff (Nirvana Engine etc), as it's not an accurate Spectrum emulator in terms of timings (it's just a Z80, and a display memory interpreter really) but there's a quite a decent number of games it would run fine. I'd like to do more Speccy games myself too, as it's great fun to make them!

8. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Yeah i'm a hugeeee Speccy fan, been at WOS for ages, did a few books on lulu.com about the Speccy years back

Amazing all the new stuff coming out still from the Mojo Twins (Their Castlevania remake is amazing) and the other groups still creating games for the good ole speccy !

Anyway digressing ! Really looking forward to this, instant purchase from me. Speccy games might look old/monochrome etc but the gameplay was excellent on many of those classics.

9. Uprising Elton

Oct 6, 2009
    Nice one! Not to bore anyone too much.. but my emulator has 2 modes.. one as used in Mr Kung F that requires the game code to be changed a bit, and can do things like boost the Z80 performance and call device native sounds for samples / music. The other mode is closer to a real speccy, and emulates the speccy beeper etc. I've used the 2nd mode to run a few AGD games through it and they work excellently with no modification.

Oh, Mister Kung-Fu has gone through apple review! So putting a few messages out about possible coverage before deciding when to launch! Could be in the next day or so!