Moderators; what is going on?

Discussion in 'Site Feedback and News' started by starjimstar, Mar 19, 2009.

1. starjimstar

starjimstar Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2008
    Entrepreneur
    Canada

Hi s0mah,
    if you had read the posts, you would have noticed that a lot of people care about this issue. And it's funny you mention iJiggles because I remember there was a reviewer who referred to it as 'gay'. If you don't see the relevance of this discussion, you should broaden your perspective. A purchase from the App Store, for instance, is a contribution to marriage equality in the US, as Apple donated $100,000 to the 'No On Prop 8' initiative. Asexuals, such as yourself, should be welcome and fairly represented in the forums just as anyone else, but you need to realize you are one stroke of many in this diverse community.

2. brewstermax

brewstermax Well-Known Member

I used racism because I liken this more to the civil rights movement of the '60s. But discrimination would have been better.

Because it is mostly irrelevant to the discussion here. I'm not saying that it doesn't need to be discussed, but why ask?

Really. But "gay" has adopted a new meaning, based mostly on its usage. It was meant as a derogatory phrase, but by now, it just shows that they don't like that something. It has little to do with homosexuals anymore. Its how a language evolves. I'm not defending it, but that's how it works.

3. s0mah

s0mah Well-Known Member

Dec 25, 2008
    failing PHY tests
    little town of bethlehem
    #23 s0mah, Mar 22, 2009
    Last edited: Mar 22, 2009
    No, I did read the posts but I really didn't have to. Every internet conversation conversation concerning sexuality/race/religion goes the exact same way, and this/that one is/was no different.

So, should I wave my finger and create a thread about how ignorant it is to insult apps of a heterosexual nature? Call everyone heterophobes and bigots? When do I let my self-righteous martyr complex consume my person so much that I fail to realize that I am arguing a mature subject matter with a forum populated mostly with tweeners and teenagers? How should I go about MAKING people agree with me?

My perspective is broad enough to understand that rules violations are rules violations and not chances to espouse personal political agendas. My perspective is also broad enough to know that some people are bigots and some people aren't. What exactly are you trying to accomplish? Wanna discuss the game (seeing as how this is a forum dedicated to gaming)? Make a new thread in the upcoming section.

Give me a break with this 'everyone is special and diverse' bullshit. This has less to do with di******* or ignorance, than it has to do with agenda. The thread that got modded was a train wreck. It had a lot to do with idiots spitting idiotic rhetoric back and forth to other idiots, and nothing to do with arn (or lol me) as a fascist.

You're gay, big deal. I didn't see a sign anywhere that excludes you from these forums.

Take your personal grievances to PM, where they belong.

*edit*

Evidently, the board censors the word 'd i v e r-s ity' now. That's a pretty nice example of irony, imo.

4. superbad

superbad Well-Known Member

Nov 6, 2008
    CEO. Reviewer. Beta Tester.
    You need to stalk me?
    A p p v e r s i t y is the censored word (**********)

thus di******* is censored from V onwards.

Examples:
    app *******
    app v ******
    di *******

5. brewstermax

Why is ********** censored?

6. b_o_h_i_c_a

b_o_h_i_c_a Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2009
    Is di******* considered an obscene or offensive topic?

7. brewstermax

No a pp vers ity - One word, is. For whatever reason, I'm guessing that some sort of event happened that led to a decent review site being censored. The ver sity in di ver sity gets blocked because ver sity is also in app ver sity

8. starjimstar

Sep 28, 2008
    Entrepreneur
    Canada
    @brewstermax
    It is the association that renders it a derogatory comment for some. For example; Marvin Gaye changed the spelling of his name because he wanted to break the association, not for any logical reason but for the sake of insecurity. For another example; the word 'fag' means burning sticks: it is rooted in medieval times when homosexuals were used as fuel for burning witches. It is also no coincidence some use the word to refer to cigarettes. Their meanings have been broadened but they are offensive as ever. If people all around you said something was 'totally brewstermax' every time they spoke of something they didn't like, it would get to you too. I realize that is not a perfect example but I thought it might lighten the mood.

@s0mah
    I can't understand a word you are saying when you talk out of both sides of your mouth. People do care about this issue. You clearly care about this issue or else you would not be arguing so tenaciously. The TA community is just not as homogenized as you would like to believe: get over it, please.

I would just like to remind readers that we were initially talking about a game, even though some posts have attempted to derail the thread.

9. s0mah

s0mah Well-Known Member

Dec 25, 2008
    failing PHY tests
    little town of bethlehem
    #29 s0mah, Mar 23, 2009
    Last edited: Mar 23, 2009
    lol ok gai.

It's always funny to me when the PC militia stormtroop through a forum and demand the unilateral and unconditional conformation to whatever personal agenda they might have, while labeling any opposition as di******* haters and white washers.

I'm glad that you're gay, and I'm glad that you're so unabashedly proud of that. I even thought it was cool the first 100 or so times that you have irrelevantly made casual mention of your sexuality in the middle of a thread- I can appreciate a good troll.

But now it's like:

Great your gay! wtg!!!@! Here's all ur special kits that allow you to force everyone else to accept your sexuality. Here's another special kit that fills u with a unique sense of entitlement. Now run along and force everyone to like/pay attention to/care about you. srsly, do it! those who don't follow initially out of a sense guilt will eventually come around out of fear of pointed fingers.

blah blah blah.

Your beloved thread was an intellectual wasteland and needed to be wiped. I can assure you that there have been more than several inappropriate threads removed due to narrow minds and clashing opinions. What makes yours any different?

10. starjimstar

Sep 28, 2008
    Entrepreneur
    Canada
    Haha, thanks Ian.

Attached Files: