Monster Hunter Portable 2nd G / Freedom Unite Tavern

Discussion in 'MMO Codes and 'Add Me' Requests' started by Exact-Psience, Jun 16, 2014.

1. GDMT

GDMT Well-Known Member

May 12, 2014
    Hiroshima, Japan
    Lol yeah it gets annoying a lot. Felt that too back in the psp days lol.

2. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Whew... finally got all of them! Now I just need some heavy tail spikes and I can make the helmet.

Hopefully you can help me out sometime today GDMT? :)

In other news, I skipped dinner and sat at my comp on edge for 4 hours to get the iphone 6. Can't believe how much work I put into this just to give Apple almost $1k.. :l

3. GDMT

GDMT Well-Known Member

May 12, 2014
    Hiroshima, Japan
    Hmm, maybe in 9 hours i can help you. Currently at work as we speak lol.

Last month, the japanese already made reservations to the new iDevice and it wasnt even out that time lol. But the lines were crazy long!

4. L.Lawliet

Jun 28, 2011
    You're allowed to preorder that early??? What?? Well it's to be expected since that's what happened today. In your opinion, roughly what percentage do you see of Japanese people using iphones? I assume the most popular phones there are just like US, Androids and Apple phones correct? Just wondering :) I ALMOST switched to Android because I wanted a good camera (S5 has an incredible camera and that new phone I forget the name that has laser focus in seconds). However I'd lose Monster Hunter, all the cool apps, and then regret it forever. 50% of my iphone love is because of the apps :p And all my friends told me their Androids are slowly breaking down.

Yeah 9 hours sounds good. 5:30AM time for me to sleep. At least I made 1 piece of armor that's completely unusable until I get the rest of the set :S

5. SherlockEB

SherlockEB Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 22, 2013
    You're making Narga X, right?

6. GDMT

GDMT Well-Known Member

May 12, 2014
    Hiroshima, Japan
    Hmm, the old japs still prefer their flipphones over smartphones. While the new age (kids and some young adults) go for the smartphones. 98% of the people i see in the train or bus use smartphones. And i'd say its a mix of both android and apple. But not the samsung brand. Its their own smartphones with android OS. I rarely see a japanese person use samsung.

7. L.Lawliet

Jun 28, 2011
    Interesting. I do always see them with flip phones in the old movies. Though I guess with Samsung, Korea hates them a lot so maybe they naturally shy away from Samsung's branded stuff?

Yup! There isn't any other Narga armor after that right? It's really disappointing only the helmet is different and everything else is exactly the same. Feels like I'm remaking the exact same set (though I kind of am). I think I'll need to kill Narga at least half a dozen more times, if I'm that lucky.

8. SherlockEB

Patreon Bronze

Apr 22, 2013
    That's the top one and if you can get the mats you need in 10-15 kills consider yourself lucky, but it's worth the trouble because once you have that armor you'll be dodging every move efortlessly. And you can gem some other skills as well.

9. L.Lawliet

Jun 28, 2011
    Yeah I love the large dodge, it feels amazing.

What exactly does dodge+1 do btw?

10. SherlockEB

Patreon Bronze

Apr 22, 2013
    Evade increases the invulnerability time of maneuvers(Evade+1 increases invulnerability by 8/30 seconds, Evade+2 increases invulnerability by 10/30 seconds). So you're invincible for longer when you're dodging.

Evade Inc increases the distance that the hunter covers when he/she rolls or dodge.

11. L.Lawliet

Jun 28, 2011
    Oh right that's what I meant, opps :p

I didn't realize you were slightly invulnerable when you roll. I guess even when you're explaining it to me I don't really understand it because generally I assume if you're in the area of the monster when you roll, you get hit. Not sure how invinciblity plays in.

12. SherlockEB

Patreon Bronze

Apr 22, 2013
    This is a great video explaining both skills and teaching how to use them. I'd say every hunter sould now them especially if you're using a weapon that can't block

13. GDMT

GDMT Well-Known Member

May 12, 2014
    Hiroshima, Japan
    If youre going for the evade skill, might as well go for +2 to get better results. Just my 2 cents though lol.

And yeah, im free right now Law. We can hunt narga if you want.

14. L.Lawliet

Jun 28, 2011
    Aw are you free in 30? Just got my lunch :p

And I watched that video. I'm still confused. It's all timing based.. Basically watching with my best WTF face

15. GDMT

GDMT Well-Known Member

May 12, 2014
    Hiroshima, Japan
    Is that video pertaining to MOI or Moments of Invisibility/Invulnerability? If thats the case, i think they fixed it here in the ios version. The hitbox seemed smaller than usual. Or probably my timing got bad lol since i cant roll due to the huge gunlance im holding xD

Well i hope so. When my son wakes up then its a no-no lol

16. SherlockEB

Patreon Bronze

Apr 22, 2013
    You're right it's all about timing. I can roll trough some moves but I still get hit a lot when I try.

Since I haven't played it on Psp I can't really say if they changed it just by looking the video although I know I can't dodge at all with lances and gunlances so that could be why.

We could play till Law comes along.

17. GDMT

GDMT Well-Known Member

May 12, 2014
    Hiroshima, Japan
    Well i can dodge all of khezu's attacks fairly easy. Especially the lightning balls. Tigrex rock throw as well along with los/ian fireballs. The rest, im having a hard time lol. Havent tried it yet with any weapon since i wanna go pure GL. And when im on the horn, i barely attack. And if i do attack, i go "FOR SPARTAAA" mode on mobs.

18. L.Lawliet

Jun 28, 2011
    Well the thing about that video is it says you're supposed to roll into attacks and right before they hit you. Those are the most dangerous moves. You basically have to realize when they'll make their move and go straight into them to have the invulnerability. And to be good you'd probably need to practice on all those big monsters.

Btw, I just realized how amazing the iOS MHFU graphics are compared to the PSP version. Actually, they don't even compare at all :p

Okay i'm turning on my game. Gimme a sec.

19. GDMT

GDMT Well-Known Member

May 12, 2014
    Hiroshima, Japan
    Aight. Just make the room and il join right away. Narg runs right?

20. L.Lawliet

Jun 28, 2011
    Yup. Though I need to restart my device. Sorry, it'll be another 5 minutes. Sometimes my game glitches out and I always get communication error.

Narga runs, aiming to capture as many as possible.