Monster Hunter Portable 2nd G / Freedom Unite Tavern

Discussion in 'MMO Codes and 'Add Me' Requests' started by Exact-Psience, Jun 16, 2014.

1. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Well we all could have beaten him.. with 4 people that guy would have his head on a pike in front of our cabins. Punk.

Maybe we should give it one more try.. I'm somewhat desperate.

2. Edmilan

Edmilan Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2011
    Philippines
    sure! i'm in

3. VaroFN

VaroFN Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2011
    Remember that only the guy who chose the mission gets it completed.

4. L.Lawliet

Jun 28, 2011
    Yeah I know. But I'm willing to bet it'll be a lot easier with 2 people vs. 1 person. I could do it twice if I knew it was possible. Last time I got my behind handed to me.

5. Edmilan

Dec 2, 2011
    Philippines
    am ok with that, at the very least i get some of the mats

6. Edmilan

Dec 2, 2011
    Philippines
    i'll make a room, 123123321, gimme a minute
    edit: it's up

7. VaroFN

VaroFN Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2011
    The best advice is to only get on his back once. It should give you enough time to carve three times and put both barrels there. It's a huge time waster otherwise.

8. L.Lawliet

Jun 28, 2011
    Trying it now. Crossing my fingers.

I got thrown off his back after 2 carves even when I spammed the button right as I got on. Couldn't even place a single barrel. Don't know what I did wrong.

9. VaroFN

VaroFN Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2011
    Well, I can't get in. Good luck guys!

10. L.Lawliet

Jun 28, 2011
    Okay I'll try now. 20061516

11. Edmilan

Dec 2, 2011
    Philippines
    ok i'll try to get in. leaving room

12. Edmilan

Dec 2, 2011
    Philippines
    sorry dude, can't get in. guess we'll still be HR4 a while longer :(

13. L.Lawliet

Jun 28, 2011
    Yeah no problem. Don't fret, we'll try again some other time! Maybe it's just a bad time :) Thanks for trying with me.

14. Edmilan

Dec 2, 2011
    Philippines
    Ok no problem bro, we'll beat Lao...someday...

15. L.Lawliet

Jun 28, 2011
    Well... I tried Lao again. Decided to go at it since I was feeling good. Had EVERYTHING I needed, all the right items.

Then I hit him in the belly 90% of the effective time I could. Used my special combo charge every time it was ready. I bombed his back twice with the barrels. Destroyed his horn with multiple large bomb+. Shot 1 cannon ball at him. Shot all arrow ballista at him. Stabbed him with the wall spikes TWICE (pulled the last one off 20 seconds before mission end.

AND failed. I can't think of any better way to do this. I did it perfectly (in my case). I didn't find any flaws in what I did and hit only his belly. I was never idle. I don't think I'll try again, at least alone. This battle really demoralized me. I stabbed him with the spikes TWICE and it didn't stop him. wtf.

16. VaroFN

VaroFN Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2011
    Here's what I did when I defeated him:

I brought 10 megapotions, 10 well done steaks, 7 power seeds and 2 little bomb barrels.

Right after starting the quest, I went to the blue chest and grabbed: 9 supply potions, all rations, all whetstones, the three bomb barrels (the supply bomb barrel and the antidragon bombs) and the arrows. Then I got extra arrows from that room.

I went to zone 2 and planted the supply bomb barrel there, and when the monster's head was near enough, I planted the little bomb barrel I brought to make the other one explode, damaging the head. Then I used one of the power seeds and kept damaging the head a bit more, and once it was damaged enough I focused on his belly. Once the monster was near the bridge, I went there and waited for him to stand on two feet, going to the middle of the bridge. He tried to attack me but failed. Then I waited for him to keep moving, and once I could barely see the spikes on his back I jumped on him. Carved three times and planted both bombs. Then the bombs exploded and I went flying. Finally I focused again on his belly and once he was about to exit the zone, I put myself on his right side and watched for his tail (you can see how to avoid it here).

For the remaining zones except the last one it was pretty much going after his belly and using power seeds and whetstones. Since I already carved and used the bombs I didn't have to get on his back again. That saved a LOT of time.

Then on the final zone I used the cannon once and the crossbows, trying to hit his back. Once he was near I used the spikes, managing to hit him twice, and I started damaging his belly again.

I got hit twice on the last zone when he started charging against the fortress, but thanks to the extra health from the Felyne's food I survived. I used the Tigrex set (only has a few upgrades, nothing major) and the Tigrex GS.

I don't know if that helps, but well.

17. GDMT

GDMT Well-Known Member

May 12, 2014
    Hiroshima, Japan
    Wait a sec, you used the dragonator (the spikes, used to call it that way ever since i started playing mh back in psp) and he didnt die or atleast repel him? The trick i learned from using the dragonator against lao is after he attacks the fortress while standing, use it for maximum damage. If he is on all fours, its pretty much just the head that got hit. Lao's major weakness is his body. And using the ballistas to target his back is way better than his head just as Varo stated.

And yeah, you guys missed our runs yesterday =\

18. Edmilan

Dec 2, 2011
    Philippines
    Just beat him a few minutes ago heheh! Yep the dragonator does help A LOT! when he stands up on his hind legs, count his steps as he gets near the fort. On his 11th step, use the Dragonator and he'll get hit

19. VaroFN

VaroFN Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2011
    Congrats man!

20. GDMT

GDMT Well-Known Member

May 12, 2014
    Hiroshima, Japan
    Good job bud!