Monster Hunter Portable 2nd G / Freedom Unite Tavern

Discussion in 'MMO Codes and 'Add Me' Requests' started by Exact-Psience, Jun 16, 2014.

1. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Actually I didn't see the chat lol. I thought you were gesturing that Rathalos was too hard. Which I might agree. The Khezu is fairly easy movement wise and I still got beat. One hit with the electric and I was dead instantly. Sorry about that, I'll have to switch to my Health +50 armor next time. Looks like my defenses on standard armor are too weak now..

Btw, I love the Hermitaur set (for male and female). The designs are awesome. I wanted the U but I felt like the set only is good for defense and blocking. I can't block so I felt grinding for it might be a waste. Is it good for you? I still love the look. The sharp red of the first version and the dull yellow for U are awesome colors.

2. Edmilan

Edmilan Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2011
    Philippines
    Congrats man! Finally HR5
    @EP looks like they did it!

3. VaroFN

VaroFN Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2011
    The thing with the Khezu is that it's fairly easy to avoid his moves, and even when raged his moves still have enough recovery to punish him and roll to avoid any other move, but when he hits it HURTS. The Hermitaur U set is weak to thunder so that makes it hurt even more.

And yeah, it looks cool, and for any weapon that can block it makes it feel like parrying instead. The problem is that that's pretty much it. It has very unbalanced elemental resistance. With some jewels I was able to get rid of the thunder resistance nerf skill and add a water resistance buff skill instead, just for Plesioth <3

4. L.Lawliet

Jun 28, 2011
    Thank you! I haven't felt this good since I beat the Tigrex solo :D

I feel like the design is Iron Man esque for the male at least. I read up on it and it looks like U lets you block some attacks that you couldn't block before so that sounds like it's pretty useful (for blockers). Since I can't block, I wonder if I should just aim for S. It's a lower version that has the same skills as the original hermitaur set, just more defense. On the plus side, it actually looks different. I noticed S added designs on the armor while U is just a color swap. What do you think? I think I should probably pass on the U because of all the items it needs yet it won't be too beneficial for LS. It seems like a decent one for people who can block. I'm disappointed at a lot of the Lao armor gives blocking buffs that I can't use but look cool :\

5. VaroFN

VaroFN Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2011
    Now that you said it, yup, it has Guard Inc instead of Guard+1. I hate so much these non-descriptive-at-all names they gave to the skills. Then I don't know why the recovery after blocking it's suddenly different. I'm quite sure that I wasn't able to get out of blocking that fast before. Oh well.

And yeah, if you can't block all the hermitaur sets are quite meh.

6. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    W00t! Congrats ya'll! Dammit Capcom, fix le conneccion!

7. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Soooo true!

Khezu <3

8. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    More like football-player-esque. :D

9. L.Lawliet

Jun 28, 2011
    #869 L.Lawliet, Jul 29, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 29, 2014
    Hermitaur = Football = Ironman!

I think I'm on to something!

I think I'll go for S just for style points since it's only got defense and throw going for me. It just looks pretty. 50% of my armor choice is looks, the other 50% is usefulness. Hell I put on the Basarios armor's gunner helmet because it looks like a samurai / shredder. The melee helmet was pretty weird looking.

Yeah I have no idea what I'd do without an armor description list. Guess? I don't think I'd guess I can now block some super moves.. that'd take some time to experiment.

=============

Btw, does anyone know if the felyne go down 7x get up 8x shows on the cat? I could've sworn before, every time he spawned he'd glow red like I would when I have attack up. But now he doesn't so I'm wondering if it's not working or maybe in the fast the felyne was glowing for some other reason. If it's not working it feels like a waste of slot. I can't tell during combat because sadly you can't see felyne stats in combat.

10. VaroFN

VaroFN Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2011
    AAAAAAGH damnit. Now that I think about it I could have survived instead when I got hit by the Red Khezu. While Lawliet was fighting the Khezu I got hit by a vespoid and a ceanataur, and by the time I got up the Red Khezu was about to fire the lightning balls. Since I couldn't block it nor I had time to roll I gave up, BUT IN FACT I COULD HAVE BLOCKED THEM DUE TO THE HERMITAUR U SET!!!! Damnit.

11. L.Lawliet

Jun 28, 2011
    LOL oh well.. next time!

Is there a Kirin battle in the guild hall? I'm trying to get help to get the Kirin tails but no luck. Fighting him solo is a bit of a chore..

12. VaroFN

VaroFN Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2011
    Yup, there's one. Want to play?

13. L.Lawliet

Jun 28, 2011
    Oh dang I couldn't find it. Which section is it in? Sure lets do it. Lets hope it joins quickly like earlier.

I'm trying to get kirin tails for my weapon. They're really rare apparently.

14. VaroFN

VaroFN Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2011
    HR5 mission.

Room 64523.

15. L.Lawliet

Jun 28, 2011
    I heard a trick to killing him faster is to put him to sleep. Have any sleep weapons?

If not, I need to get a throwing knife, combine it with a sleep herb, and throw it at him. Not sure how many it takes. Then the attack that that wakes him will do x3 damage. So typically people set a large barrel bomb next to him then throw a paint ball to blow it up while he's asleep.

16. Massimus

Massimus Member

Jul 3, 2014
    Italy
    I need to farm kirin as well, I see if I can join you for a while.

17. VaroFN

VaroFN Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2011
    Nope.

Also, room's up. 64523.

18. VaroFN

VaroFN Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2011
    Problems joining? :(

19. L.Lawliet

Jun 28, 2011
    Hmm.. not getting in.

20. VaroFN

VaroFN Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2011
    Damn. Try creating the room then. Yesterday we didn't have problems and you were the host.