Universal Motorsport Manager 3 announced

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by stelph, Jul 10, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stelph

stelph Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Nov 16, 2016
    Cooper04 likes this.
  2. GPS

GPS Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Australia
    Oh wow, very excited by this! The first 2 games were excellent

Cooper04 likes this.
  3. Cooper04

Cooper04 Well-Known Member

May 31, 2018
    Male
    Stock car driver/RC car hobbyist
    Texas
    Looks awesome! And the tracks look pretty nice

4. Wicked8146

Wicked8146 Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Nov 17, 2009
    Dinosaur hunter
    Los Angeles
    This game is really great. Loved the first 2. Excited that there will be a third.

5. Bloodangel

Bloodangel Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2011
    Retail
    England
    Loved the first 2.... the second one is the best though. I’m still playing it.
    I’m wondering, if this third one won’t be as good as the second. Deviating from the F1 theme, may put some people off. Also hope they keep everything the way it was in the second one.
    I would like a F1 with touring car season in there.
    Or maybe give managers choice of which racing style they want, at end of each season. Maybe choose another season of F1, or try your hand at touring car for a season, before going back to f1.

6. Risingsun

Risingsun Member

Nov 2, 2009
    Nobody has mentioned the business model yet, really curious what they plan to do.

7. Bloodangel

Bloodangel Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2011
    Retail
    England
    Is this on beta or soft launch yet?

8. stelph

stelph Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Nov 16, 2016
    I think what you describe is the plan - looking at the pictures out there is one which is definately an F1 shaped car, I think the plan is that there will be multiple other car types, it will be interesting to see if there are any other differences in managing these teams other than cosmetic

The AR is a bit of a gimmick but its nice that its in there

A couple of things I hope this game addresses are more guidance with qualifying setups (always found that qualifying was a bit vague - wheres the teams track analysis and recommendation rather than one of the drivers?) and recommended areas of maximum gain from development? (always found youd be near the bottom of a cup for a while until suddenly you jumped to the top, would be great if like F1 you could see the challenge the team had was powertrain wasnt strong enough or aero package needed improvement etc)

9. GPS

GPS Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Australia
    Looks like this will be out this week (18th). I have just pre ordered on the Australian store :)

10. Gwarmaxx

Gwarmaxx Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2010
    NCC 1701
    yeahhhh, instabuy on wendnesday!!! i'm a huge fan of first two!

11. AzriaXX

AzriaXX Member

Jul 16, 2018
    Male
    Seems to be a Premium game, with probably the same in-app purchases that were in the second installment, which have nothing to do with the gameplay itself. No P2W, that's for sure!

In-app purchases in the second installment were:

• Huge Investment $5.99
    • In Game Editor Bundle $10.99
    • Very Large Investment $3.99
    • Chairman's Payment $6.99
    • Investment $1.99
    • Large Investment $2.99
    • Game Editor $6.99

None of these investments were needed. I've played A LOT the second game (20+ hours) and never even felt that I was being treated unfairly to persuade me into buying one of these investments. The only IAP I bought was the 'In Game Editor Bundle', which consists of the Game Editor and the Chairman's Payment (gives you more money every race). I turned the Chairman's Payment off though, it made the game too easy.

I can't wait for the third installment. Only thing I secretly hoped for was online multiplayer, but that doesn't seem to be included in this game. Still, I know I will sink a lot of time into this one :).

12. GPS

GPS Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Australia
    Yep the editors bundle is definitely worth it!