Need help with my website

Discussion in 'Developer Services and Trade' started by AOR, Aug 4, 2011.

1. AOR

AOR Well-Known Member

Jun 27, 2011
    Independent game developer
    San Francisco
    #1 AOR, Aug 4, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 4, 2011
    Hey guys, I figured I'd ask around here for some web dev help. I've already got my website address, all of the art needed and the idea for my company's website but I need someone awesome to take all of these components and help me with the execution of it all :D

2. AOR

AOR Well-Known Member

Jun 27, 2011
    San Francisco
    Got a PM right now informing me on some stuff. To clarify: I want someone to help me in the creation of a typical "Hey we're a three team indie dev startup company! Check out our stuff!" sort of site. This isn't some multi-tiered colossal website that I'm thinking of.

3. SethsApps

SethsApps Active Member

Jul 12, 2010
    Application Developer
    AOR,

This is probably not something you wanted to hear but I just wanted to put it out there as a fellow developer to save you some money :) If you're looking for a simple, easy to navigate website that can put your business out there and potentially boost your customer count I would recommend subscribing to a template-based solution. These are websites that provide you with easy ways to put together a website.

I can't post links but places like webs or jimdo can provide you with a solution to use a template and put in some info to make a really good looking website for just a few bucks every month. All you need is text to input and a few images to top the site off. Web design has become so easy now that these self-build sites have become commercialized and its a wonderful alternative to paying someone a few hundred dollars to essentially do the same thing.

Hope my words can help, if you want any advice on how to start using these sites or which one is the best shoot me a PM.

Good luck!
    Seth Bollenbecker
    CEO & Founder Seth's Apps

4. AOR

AOR Well-Known Member

Jun 27, 2011
    San Francisco
    #5 AOR, Aug 4, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 4, 2011
    The thing is, I don't particularly want to use templates that you'd see on anyone's blog or someone's tumblr and all that but I guess that's the smart way to go about it! There are some pretty sweet ones on there that we could tweak to our needs. Thanks a lot you guys :)

5. Modern Jester

Modern Jester Active Member

Jun 7, 2009
    Go to Guru.com and post a project there. I got my website developed for $145 using that website.

6. ShallowGamer

ShallowGamer Well-Known Member

Aug 16, 2011
    Foursquare
    http://webdevrefinery.com

The best site for web related help. All the people are very helpful and knowledgeable about basically everything internet. Server related stuff as well.