NOW HIRING! (paid)

Discussion in 'Developer Services and Trade' started by The prez 12521, Dec 23, 2009.

1. Flickitty

Flickitty Well-Known Member

Oct 14, 2009
    iPhone Dev
    Let's start a bidding war. I'll pay Koh Jing Yu FOUR pesos!

2. The prez 12521

The prez 12521 Well-Known Member

Aug 17, 2009
    School
    USA
    4.1!!! hes mine now you fool

3. kohjingyu

kohjingyu Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2009
    Student/Developer
    Singapore
    Where are you going to get 0.1 pesos? :)

And what am I going to do with pesos? :confused:

4. The prez 12521

Aug 17, 2009
    School
    USA
    eat them. or...save them up, THEN FEAST!!! :p

5. kohjingyu

Mar 20, 2009
    Student/Developer
    Singapore
    Are you serious Flickitty? I know you aren't, but for the record, I would LOVE to work for dev3. For free too. Internship? :)

6. Flickitty

Oct 14, 2009
    iPhone Dev
    I wish I could hire KJY to do some work, I think he's a really bright kid. I'd consider it insulting and exploitation to make him work as an intern for free, and I would never do that. I have way too much respect for him.

I'm definitely keeping an eye on Koh Jing Yu though, maybe someday in the future we'll figure something out.

7. The prez 12521

Aug 17, 2009
    School
    USA
    im really looking forward to maybe working with him, if he wants to. Cuz it sounds fun :D

8. Vingdoloras

Vingdoloras Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2009
    Ok the pesos thing is funny :p

But why does saying "Plz can u help me" (or something like that, using words like plz and u) make him a kid? I am 16 and I sometimes use these words too (because these abbreviations are sometimes useful to save space in text messages etc)... And I think I will still use them in 5 (maybe even 10) years!

Also, whats so bad about being a kid? You are a kid, too, and you try to reach your aims...

I definitely will take a look at the hokey game...

About taking part in your project... Atm (abbreviation, see? ;D) I am waiting for two books (one of them is the one that KJY recommended... It looks nice :D) about iDevice app development... They'll come in a few days and I think I will only need a week (of not only a few days) to read it...

9. iGilo

iGilo Well-Known Member

Oct 15, 2009
    Hey perez :)

It might be a bit too late, but I am a 2D artist, and would love to work with you on this app FOR FREE. I don't require any pay, and my artwork will be yours to use on the app. I hope I can a part of this app.

Thank you.

10. motitas

motitas Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2009
    You don't wanna know
    I am a 3D artist but have no experience with the I platform. I would be happy to work for you after you release the air hockey thing (for real), and you send me some sort of outline of the game to [email protected] . If you fulfill these requirements I might even work for free.

11. Nijo

Nijo Well-Known Member

We had an intern for 3 months - it was part of his course to work for a development team to see what it's like in the real world. Pay wasn't necessary but we paid enough anyway to cover his rent (he relocated to work with us).

Definitely recommended to go that route if you get the chance.

12. Omega-F

Omega-F Well-Known Member

Aug 20, 2009
    Graphic Designer
    USA WA
    I was sent an invitation to join the group. Can you explain a little bit more about it please. Send me a pm with the details of the project, the names of the other members of the team, etc.

13. Coops58

Coops58 Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2009
    I said don't look here!
    I can do 2-D, and some 3-D art, and basic coding junk, i just don have a mac to use the app creator :(

14. Viper92107

Viper92107 Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2009
  15. The prez 12521

Aug 17, 2009
    School
    USA
    So we have lots of interest :) good good. And here is our plan, the leaders are currently working on a game doc. Were finishing it up and afterword, we will post or email it or whatever it to help you decide to work with us. We will officially announce the team and project next year and then we will get started! Thanks guys! See you in a couple days!

16. Flickitty

Oct 14, 2009
    iPhone Dev
    I would love the opportunity to do something like this.

However, I am not a trained developer- in fact I have no schooling in software development at all. Not even a single computer class (Except Apple IIe BASIC way back in the day). I am completely self-taught.

I think that someone that does have training and nearing a degree in software engineering might find my ways a bit irritating. I am a Fine Artist and Graphic Designer by profession, so my attitude, approach to design and organization are much more organic and fluid.

Yeah, I'm one of those artist/progammer guys- everyones worst nightmare.

17. kohjingyu

Mar 20, 2009
    Student/Developer
    Singapore
    Wow, and you still do both so well.

18. motitas

motitas Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2009
    You don't wanna know
    I knew this was a hoax I posted my email a long time ago and nothin'! this kid has no idea what he's doing he just tried to make a team and then think of something. Next time please think your project through before involving people.

19. The prez 12521

Aug 17, 2009
    School
    USA
    Dude, I'm typing the document then I will email it. Were like currently kinda enjoying our holiday but we are horrible people. I am sorry for not Instantl doing everything for you. Life must suck. Haha just kidding. I'm finishing up the thingy then I'll do whatever with it. Sorry I have a life. And besides, if I can't find a good team, then this will be postponed, just a warning so it won't be called a hoax.

20. dogmeat

dogmeat Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2009
    Information Security Engineer
    San Francisco, CA
    let me guess, you're hardcoregamers other account..