Universal Order and Chaos 2: Redemption (by Gameloft)

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by swisssk8er1, Aug 7, 2015.

1. oscar123967

oscar123967 Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2012
    #21 oscar123967, Sep 10, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 10, 2015
    Hope they dont break it with bad updates like the first one. I love gameloft, but I wasnt a big fan of the studio who supported the game.

I love gameloft, but man. That dev team really upset my friends and I.

2. CRAYTATO

CRAYTATO Well-Known Member

Apr 18, 2015
    Eagerly looking forward to this. I've spent years playing OAC and its definitely gotten dull to play and look at. Out with the WoW clone, in with a Guild Wars 2 clone. Great aesthetics so far.

3. stlredbird

stlredbird Well-Known Member

May 21, 2009
    Do you play any of those on a phone? No, so your comparisons are invalid.

Can you play O&C and pretty much all other online phone games without a wifi connection? Yes, so its a surprise that you can't with O&C 2.

4. Montanx

Montanx Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2012
    San Diego
    Oh you mean still connected to the internet just not with wifi? Like regular 4G etc? In that case yes, I was only sayin an internet connection should be required.

5. Touchmint

Touchmint Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Developer
    Phoenix
    I'd really like to know why they decided to make a second one.

Game engine limits?
    New revenue model?
    2 sources of income from the same framework?
    ???

Not sure we will ever know but I'd love to.

6. Touchmint

Oct 19, 2011
    Developer
    Phoenix
    Also hoping they have pure pvp server options. A few little areas kind of sucked it just turned into ganking areas.

7. oscar123967

Aug 1, 2012
    Well at the end of the day its all about money, lets be honest. This game has been on a downwards slope for a while (judging from the appstore charts).

I think they just wanted to rework the whole game. They kept adding some neat ideas into the first, but they didnt really fit in. After a while, the game's UI was chaotic and content was extremely overwhelming — a lot of it just didnt fit in, it just felt tagged on.

Along with that they're probably looking to compete with the other MMORPGs on the mobile market. Chances are the game is going to have some F2P mechanics that have been proven to work well in todays mobile market.

I doubt they're going to be getting any income from the first after the second is released, because chances are support is going to go away for it.

8. Nekku

Nekku Well-Known Member

May 31, 2013
    After all those years, imo, there is still nothing on iOS which comes even close to O&C1 if you consider to get an mmorpg like WoW, unfortunately. I just cant count all those korean or japanese (self-playing) games out there. They are wholly different in many ways and I just dont like how they are set up in general.
    O&C became more and more p2w in the end and everybody knows that. Hell, when the server was half damaged, Nick didnt gave a sh*t. He was there selling his (expensive) goods lol.
    There really isnt any competition for GL and they should use that to their own benefit but not by implementing ridiculous amounts of iap's but instead balanced items which dont mess up the whole game and the way people play it. There are many examples like LoL or TESO. Those games are doing well.
    I just hope it is like how OC1 was pre-70 cap.
    *fingers crossed*

9. Nekku

Nekku Well-Known Member

May 31, 2013
    There will be a energy bar as well as a vip ranking system... >.>

10. Touchmint

Oct 19, 2011
    Developer
    Phoenix
    whats that mean?

11. Opiate

Opiate Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2015
    I feel like lt would be for dungeons or something like a weekly cap. Could be totally off there but I'm just assuming.

12. Nekku

Nekku Well-Known Member

May 31, 2013
    They already explained all the mechanics found in the game. You can read about it on their support page. There is actually a FAQ available.

If you want to complete a quest, you will need vigor to do so. No vigor, no progression in questing. This wont count for dungeons where you can still gain XP, though.
    If you safe your vigor until the next day, you'll get double xp.
    Well, there should be a vigor potion available (iap) as the one already shown on the pre-registering page.

The Vip mechanic is called H.E.R.O.
    You can rank up by spending real money only, pretty much like the ones found in countless japanese and/or korean mmorpgs.
    You cant create a guild nor put your items on the auction house until you hit vip rank 3.

I already saw on a forum that you cant send letters anymore so sending items/gold between your characters doesnt work anymore.

13. oscar123967

Aug 1, 2012
    #33 oscar123967, Sep 13, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 13, 2015
    There was a daily cap for the first. Most likely the same for this one too.

So you cant make a guild or use the auction without spending money? Can you link the faq? Cant find it

Edit: nvm got it http://support.gameloft.com/OnlineAndSocial/showSelection/394/

Idk. The wording makes it seems as if there is an alternative way to use the auction house/create a guild/send mail. And it sounds as if its only a 1 time purchase to aquire HERO status. Maybe buy the cheapest runes? And it is a F2P MMO, so if someone is going to invest some good time into it ofc they're going to have to drop at least a few bucks. I personally think of it as a subscription fee when I buy something in an mmo hahah.

14. oscar123967

Aug 1, 2012
    #34 oscar123967, Sep 13, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 14, 2015
    I read the whole thing, and the game sounds solid. IMO it sounds better than any other mmo on the appstore. But then again (even though how honest and direct the FAQ sounds) its still information coming from the company themselves, so we'll have to wait till launch.

15. Nekku

Nekku Well-Known Member

May 31, 2013
    #35 Nekku, Sep 13, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 13, 2015
    I dont know the english FAQ but the german one says that you'll need hero rank 3 to create a guild, etc. The wording does sound exactly like that and nothing else. Well, no one knows how much you'll need to spend to reach that rank but I'm almost sure that you cant reach it with a single purchase of the cheapest rune pack available. I do know that they need to make a revenue though.

I also remember that you had to spend around 12€ to get the upgradable blue T1 rune armor in the beginning of OC1 cuz it didnt dropped anywhere before they introduced it in RKL.
    I was totally fine with that and if this is a similar case here, I guess it's okay. We'll see.

16. markaman

markaman Well-Known Member

Oct 28, 2013
    I kind of like the idea of rollover xp for the vigor system. Since school has started back up I have less time to play, only allowing me to play every other day. So I'll basically have double xp on every quest I do! I'm not sure how I feel on the vip system, but I'll have to wait before I can cast judgement.

17. Touchmint

Oct 19, 2011
    Developer
    Phoenix
    I think they are really looking to drain some wallets on this game. I dont think they would go through trouble of basically abandoning their old game and pissing off a whole player base unless they were going to bring in a ton more revenue.

Its clear this game will be p2p but its really looking like its going to be hardcore p2w as well. They are basically limited how much you can quest / progress on the game without purchasing something over and over. While you can still gain exp it sounds like its going to be hard to level without the quests.

I am looking forward to the game but I think this might be a whole new level timers, energy gates etc. I think they know there was a market for people paying $10 a month for a sub and not having pay for win but I dont think they want to settle for that little of money per player.

18. stlredbird

stlredbird Well-Known Member

May 21, 2009
    The reason they created a new game instead of just updating the current game is fairly obvious. It's bc of the way the app store works.

An update doesnt get featured or nearly the amount of new customer exposure as a brand new game.

This will not only get new players but bring back past O&C players who left the game.

Looking forward to this. Hopefully the pay mechanic isnt completely ridiculous, but I expect to spend some money on the game, it just means i'm enjoying the game.

19. oscar123967

Aug 1, 2012
    Watched bnatesgamer's stream on Mobcrush and the game looks solid and the VIP or HERO system seems very fair. The only thing im worried about is the vigor in mid game. Not worried about it at all in the end game because I'm assuming you wont need any exp. right?

Im a little bummed that assassins are gone. I love dual weilding stealth classes. I guess I'll have to go with dual weilding DPS warrior.

20. Nekku

Nekku Well-Known Member

May 31, 2013
    Wait, what?! No rogues?