Page redesign...?

Discussion in 'Site Feedback and News' started by 1337brian, Feb 9, 2009.

1. Zandog

Zandog Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2009
    Public Relations/Graphic Designer - Spiffcode Inc.
    Seattle, Wa
    Don't be surprised if Arn approaches you for a redesign. Your work doesn't completely change the web scape like mine and It's got a elegant way bout it. Definitely an improvement.
    I thought about that and I know Arn made it a major factor in deciding if he wanted to go with a redesign. I'm sure he's thinking the same thing. Right now he's far to busy to get something like mine going and he'd need to have a reliable, dedicated and intelligent staff for article writing and graphic content. The rest of the site would run itself as outline in my post. I guess I'm a big presence type of thinker when it comes to steering a community and its content.

2. PeterM11

PeterM11 Well-Known Member

Sep 7, 2008
    East Coast, USA
    I personally think Zandog's redesign is beautifuly done and nice. I would like it a lot. i understand that if there is a redesign it wouldnt be like that but i say dont completely rule it out.

You should choose your favorite ideas and have us do a poll to see which ones are liked the most!!!

3. Future777

Future777 FDG Entertainment<br />Co-Founder
    Patreon Studio

#23 Future777, Feb 10, 2009
    Last edited: Feb 10, 2009
    This site is perfect. It doesn´t need a re-design.
    I love the accessibility and speed, this only works with a slick design like TA has.
    However the new logo&font from dsmedialabs is the best proposal here :) (IMHO)

cheers
    Future777

4. pante

pante Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2009
    somewhere
    i love touch arcade the way it is.
    for example look at iphone games network.com - they changed design, and now it looks maybe more professional but there's definitely no spirit in it.

arn, blake and all the guys - leave it the way it looks now. perfect.

5. TheOnePb

TheOnePb Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2009
    Still on school
    Holland
    Does not work

No, that site just doesn't work anymore, because they changed the interface (beautiful), but the usage went back to about 50%.

It should just be one column with news, reviews, all in 1 column, sorted by date!

6. arono

arono Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2008
    Sam's town
    TA rocks the way it is right now but the design of dsmedialabs rocks it would give the page a more elegant look

Ps I love that print in the word touch in the design of dsmedialabs

7. iKoda

iKoda Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2008
    Student
    Yeah, a new layout would be great. A new background colour could be a nicer purple. The TA Icon could be more glossy. It's endless.

8. BrettArchibald

BrettArchibald Well-Known Member

Jul 17, 2008
    Male
    Self-employed interactive designer.
    Formerly Zimbabwe - now England.
    Nice-ish — but that's merely a cosmetic change with no structural changes made. So in that case I'd ask, why change it?
    *IF* anything needs to be changed, it would be how things "work", not how they "look". IMO.

Zandog's is a structural change, but wowee — information overload! Aargh!... too much... don't know where to look first... can't process...

TBH, I think the site is just fine as it is now. When it's viewed on the desktop, that is.
    What I WOULD really like to see is a stylesheet implemented for iPhone / iPod users to re-format the same info in a way much more suited to viewing on the small screen.
    Kinda like iLounge and TUAW have — check out the links below, using your iPhone / iPod (or using the "Mobile Safari" setting under the "Develop > User Agent" menu in your desktop Safari browser - for those who have this hack enabled):

http://www.ilounge.com/mobile
    http://i.tuaw.com

9. G0tsk1llz

G0tsk1llz Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2008
    I personally like the original design :)

10. dannys95

dannys95 Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2008
    Earth
    I like the original but wish some things from dsMediaLab's template was integrated. Like the fingerprint on the top and the green and white or grey forum topics.

11. PeterM11

Sep 7, 2008
    East Coast, USA
    Hey, I just wanted to say that I completely love this site to death.

And I love how the forums are being split up more (e.g. upcoming games) and it makes it a lot easier to find things.
    BUT, I think it makes things a bit more cluttered and now involves a lot of scrolling up and down to check forums.

I personally think that this may be causing a greater demand for a site re-design that will offer a less cluttered more polished off look to the site.

I was thinking of maybe something that would also let you change things (by having your account and signing in) such as and iGoogle page where you can move different columns around. This way everyone would be happy with the way the site looked to them, and it would still have a design similar across the board to every user. Also this could let you sign into your account from the main page instead of the forums and you could use this to post comments on posts more easily.

My idea is to post a contest for site devs or talented artists to sketch up a mockup of a new design for the site. Then the admins can narrow it down to a top 5 or 10 or something and let the members of the site to vote on it through a poll. And then maybe the winning designer could win a prize or something.

What do you guys think??

12. goblues11

goblues11 Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2008
    I think that is a great idea

13. yourofl10

yourofl10 Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2008
    #33 yourofl10, Mar 14, 2009
    Last edited: Mar 14, 2009
    Good idea or where you can switch the CSS of the site at the bottom of the page like this:

Normal View | New View

Or something like it. I like the current one tho

14. PeterM11

Sep 7, 2008
    East Coast, USA
    yeah. that would be a great thing to have at the bottom for people who prefer the current style and look.