iPhone Panzer Corps (By Slitherine)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by killercow, Dec 17, 2013.

1. iPadisGreat

iPadisGreat Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    Yup. I posted that bug here when it was released, but the developer ignored it. Anyhow, other people are also kicking up a fuss over this bug on the Slitherine Panzer Corps forums...

2. dedyp79

dedyp79 Well-Known Member

Mar 21, 2013
    +1 same here...

3. kludger

kludger Member

Oct 5, 2009
    Great game, really enjoying it, after having the PC version for a couple of years it's awesome to have the same full deep game now on my iPad to play on the go.

The touch UI feels really natural, but I ran into that scrolling bug too, found the same workaround, but hope it will get a fix.

Will be playing this one for a long time.

4. volcanopele

volcanopele Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Mar 27, 2011
    Planetary Geologist
    AZ, US
    After all the hype leading up to the San Andreas release, I expected to play that a lot during my vacation, but I've been playing this way more. Not saying I am very good at this game yet, but it is providing a fun challenge and I was so excited to finally beat the tutorial campaign, plus I just beat the initial Poland scenario. I definitely feel this is the best strategy game now available for the iPad (at least until Paradox ports some of their games to mobile).

5. CoreyB

CoreyB Well-Known Member

Aug 25, 2011
    Aircraft Mechanic
    Chicago, IL
    Another big I've noticed, which I'm sure has been reported, when a unit receives a medal during the ai turn the message covers the screen until your turn starts. You end up missing everything that happens because you can't close it during the ai turn.

6. sbxsat

sbxsat Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2011
    Just bought this. Spent a good deal of time just reading about the units before i even started playing. Disappointed they didn't use the full German names in the library, e.g. PzKmpW was just Panzer. Also, the writings are tiny! My eyes...

UI is rather clunky and not at all smooth. I understand the desire to make this as close to the original Panzer General as can be but this is the 21st century so slight deviations can be forgiven. Sliding sidebar comes to mind.

Finished the first tutorial and must say that so far, everything seems similar to PG with the exception of Heroes. I don't remember if PG had limited ammo, it was such a long time ago. Love the battle history addition.

7. Slitherine Iain

Slitherine Iain Well-Known Member

Apr 10, 2011
    Hi guys we are aware there are a couple of UI glitches which we are planning to fix in the next update. Expect something early January.

8. drdreh

drdreh Well-Known Member

Jul 17, 2012
    How compare two units on info panel? From manual:"You’ll also see all this info for any unit under the cursor", but on PC! And here on ipad?

9. Tucker

Tucker Active Member

Nov 14, 2009
    That's another of those things that were left out while porting the game to ios. Not sure if that can be added, the PC game took several years of patching to get where it is, we should expect the same for this version.

10. Farmer Harv

Farmer Harv Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2009
    What's your agenda here Tucker? Competitor? Spurned customer? Not getting enough attention at home?
    Or do you just think that drive-by trolling is what all the cool kids are doing now?

11. Parkingtigers

Parkingtigers Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2010
    I tried playing the vanilla campaign on Field Marshall. Got a decisive victory in Poland, felt pretty smug. Trouble is I lost so many units, or so much unit strength, that I went into Norway very under-strength. Got battered there, and had or invade the Low Countries with a handful of nothing. Yeah, that was a short war.

The adage about winning the battle and losing the war is very appropriate for this game. You can't just casually throw units into battle knowing you'll grind the enemy down, because while you can take those losses in this fight, you can't afford the price is costs in the next one.

Another thing I learned is the importance of green replacements. Oh sure we always want elite replacements given a choice, but oh boy they cost a lot more. Sometimes you just need to get that unit back up to full strength and lose a little (and it's just a little) experience. Lose the unit, you lose all the experience anyway, so keeping them alive in any form is always better in the long run.

With that megapack I'm spoiled for things to play. Going to have a crack at the Allied Corps next, and when I am ready start on the Grand Campaign. I think I'll drop down to Colonel for that, I'm not ready for Field Marshal. I learned that lesson in Norway.

Wonderful game.

12. CoreyB

CoreyB Well-Known Member

Aug 25, 2011
    Aircraft Mechanic
    Chicago, IL
    On the buy unit screen (the $ button) on the bottom left corner there's a box that says compare units. Check that then touch the two units you want to compare. It even shows green numbers for improved stats and red for inferior.

13. vogelmann

vogelmann Well-Known Member

Aug 17, 2012
    Cologne, Germany
    #153 vogelmann, Dec 28, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 28, 2013
    Hi Iain! I just want to ask: what about a German localization of Panzer Corps? It would be awesome, to play the game in German! And I'm sure, that it would give you a significant boost to your sales on the German AppStore.

14. drdreh

drdreh Well-Known Member

Jul 17, 2012
    And a button disable music, please!

15. Mythbuster

Mythbuster Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2008
    Journalist
    In the middle of nowhere
    +1 :cool:

16. iPadisGreat

Dec 10, 2012
    Add back custom AI and cheat codes from the PC version please.

17. Krebmart

Krebmart Member

Jun 11, 2012

I would prefer to have an option to play your own music from your iTunes library. This feature is actually fairly easy to implement in iOS apps built from scratch. It may not be feasible in a port like this, especially since it would require a UI change and all the associated changes to assets, but it would be really nice.

18. Slitherine Iain

Slitherine Iain Well-Known Member

Apr 10, 2011
    German and Russian translations are coming in the next update.

19. vogelmann

vogelmann Well-Known Member

Aug 17, 2012
    Cologne, Germany
    Yes! You made my day! :)

20. iPadisGreat

Dec 10, 2012
    The guys over at the Slitherine forums have found out how to access the cheat codes.

Click on the info button, then a panel slides out, then click the bottom of the panel and you should see cheat code box appear.

So far, I can confirm that uber units (every attack kills the enemy outright) works.

Attached Files: