reply option not work on ios

Discussion in 'Site Feedback and News' started by ip4weather, May 31, 2018.

1. ip4weather

ip4weather Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2012
    On ios in not possible reply to any forum post,there is no space to write text(not working with TA app and safari browser)please fix this!

2. ip4weather

Nov 13, 2012
    please admins say something about this problem,i can only reply from PC and no possible from iphone/ipad

3. Boardumb

Boardumb Administrator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

Apr 14, 2009
    THE BOSS
    Sacramento, CA
    Are you using the app or the
    Hmmm, I am replying to this using mobile Safari (the TA app is 100% dead now) and it’s working fine.

What iOS version are you using and do you have any ad blockers or anything running that might be interfering? Also screen shots of the issue you’re seeing might help too.

4. ip4weather

Nov 13, 2012
    ios 10.3.3 iphone 5 and ios10.2.1 ipad mini 2

there is no place for text,can you tell me where you enter text?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. falcon815

falcon815 Well-Known Member

Jul 11, 2013
    Chemist
    Indianapolis
    Having the same issue on 10.3.2 on an iPad Air 2. I tried quoting a post, couldn't see where to type anything; hit Preview and nothing happened; then when I posted the quote (with no additional text!), I tried to edit it and nothing happened. Had to go to a PC to be able to type my reply. IMG_5525 (1).jpg

6. Jean pierre

Jean pierre Well-Known Member

Mar 24, 2017
    Hello, it is impossible to post or reply to any post from a ipad with IOS lower than IOS 11. No text box appears. Is it on purpose? Is it a convenient way to stop complains about minimum IOS requirements in recent games?
    Is there a fix on going?

ip4weather likes this.
  7. ip4weather

Nov 13, 2012
    any devs here?Fix ios 10 reply!

8. Eli

Eli ᕕ┌◕ᗜ◕┐ᕗ

Can you guys please provide as many details as possible as to what's happening? I don't have an iOS 10 device to test on which is making tracking this down sort of tricky.

9. Jean pierre

Mar 24, 2017

10. ip4weather

Nov 13, 2012
    #10 ip4weather, Jun 8, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 8, 2018
    i only know that not work on ios10 and we see reply button but there is no place to enter text...

11. GordLacey

GordLacey Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2009
    #11 GordLacey, Jun 9, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 9, 2018
    Well, as others have said if you click the reply button at the bottom of the page you receive an error, and clicking on the reply button beside a post (to quote it) results in a quoted post without any opportunity to add your own text.

Also, the search field doesn't work. It's making it a bit difficult to use TA on an iPad, which is ironic considering the site is all about iOS devices.

12. Jean pierre

Mar 24, 2017

13. Jean pierre

Mar 24, 2017

14. Jean pierre

Mar 24, 2017
    I am using my excellent Samsung galaxy tab S3 to reply to this post because the bug is still not fixed for devices with IOS lower than IOS 11.
    No communication from TA about it.
    I don't even know whether or not TA reported the bug to the webmaster.
    Please inform us. My IOS devices are getting less and less attractive...

15. Jean pierre

Mar 24, 2017
    On IOS 8.1.2 the rendering is awfully messed: images and text are mixed/missplaced.

16. Talbs

Talbs Well-Known Member

May 1, 2011
    can confirm. It seems from below iOS 11, it is currently impossible to reply to threads in safari (haven’t tested any other browsers). Replying now using my “other device” on iOS 11.2.5 and it works. Annoyingly though, pressing reply straight up makes you automatically quote the comment you’re replying to which you don’t always want to do. You used to be able to select “quote” AFTER pressing reply. Doing it as it is now means you have to first delete their quote if you don’t want it.

Honest feed back. This new site is unattractive and down right full of bugs. I suspect you will be losing patrons from this. Just some honesty there and business 101.

ip4weather and rtificial like this.
  17. ip4weather

Nov 13, 2012
    is possible to fix this or we need to buy new idevices on ios11?

18. Eli

Eli ᕕ┌◕ᗜ◕┐ᕗ

It's on the list of bugs that need to be addressed, but keep in mind over 85% of people are running iOS 11 now. We are focusing our efforts on things that impact everyone first. We honestly don't have the resources to prioritize fixing a bug which affects 0.5% of the iOS devices in the wild. I'm sorry. :(

19. Jean pierre

Mar 24, 2017
    Thank you Eli for the feedback.
    85 % on IOS 11. It is correct. But I think that the ratio Android/Apple users is changing. I updated my ip5s phone to IOS 11.4: big mistake! My ip5s became unusable and I throwed it against a wall (really). I replaced it by a Huawei honor 7X with no regret. Never again Apple for my phones! For the ipads I own and control (jailbreak) I will keep them with the IOS of my choice as long as it is possible and then basta. So, I am still visiting TA because there are also topics for Android and Nintendo Switch.

20. Jean pierre

Mar 24, 2017
    Nothing new about this issue?