iPhone Rex Rocket (by Castle Pixel)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by ojtitus, Apr 18, 2015.

1. jfleschler

jfleschler Member

Jul 31, 2012
    Hey! Thanks for the report!

Performance on the iPad mini first gen and iPad 2 can get a little dicey when a lot of stuff is happening on the screen. I'm trying to figure out how to make it better but I think we are limited by those devices speed and memory. As for the info mode when in the mech suit, I'll add that to my list for the next update.

I picked up the steelseries MFi controller and hope to get that in there soon!

2. erdiferik

erdiferik Well-Known Member

Apr 29, 2015
    Crash after app start screen. Ipad Air 8.3

3. coolpepper43

coolpepper43 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Aug 31, 2012
    On the toilet
    have you tried restarting your device and killing your background apps?

4. Luciano1084

Luciano1084 Well-Known Member

May 8, 2014
    I haven't had one hiccup playing this game so far.. Like coolpepper said shutdown background apps and try rebooting your device

5. Makoto

Makoto Well-Known Member

Jun 7, 2014
    Hi, I wonder if dev is still checking this thread? I've got some problem here.
    1. Please check the screenshot below. It tells me to tap "A" to read the book, but button A doesn't show on inventory screen…
    2. I didn't unlock some of the achievements that I certainly triggered. I guess it's due to some network problem, but I still didn't get them after the network recovers.
    3. Don't know if it's that my device is too old (iPad 2), after running RR for some time, the game gets lagged, and would probably crash eventually. I've shut down all other apps, but it doesn't seem to help much.

PS. After dying countless times, I finally got to the 3rd room of GL (sorry that I don't know how to cover spoilers on iPad), and, wow, how am I supposed to fly across even the very first gap?? Now I'm going to find some safer place for some practice…

Attached Files:

6. DeNappa

DeNappa Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Oct 1, 2013
    Netherlands
    Yeah, It crashed on me once or twice as well, out of the blue. Diagostics page in the iPad settings screen logged a low memory error for those if i saw it correctly.
    Still, it's infrequent enough not to be too bothersome, and it's a lot of fun to play. Hard but addictive and i seem to be getting the hang of it now. ^_^

7. Luciano1084

May 8, 2014
    iCloud implementation would be great.. I've logged in over 10 hours and never want to lose my progress.. The file size is also pretty big so it would be nice to be able to delete the game if I had to..

I'm exploring the ship and came across a section I'm completely baffled by.. It was extremely difficult to reach the room in the first place and when I get there, no checkpoint.. I'll post a screen shot of the mini map later when I get the chance.. Whoever got passed it is an absolute master at this game ###

8. Makoto

Makoto Well-Known Member

Jun 7, 2014
    #148 Makoto, Apr 30, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 30, 2015
    Wow, from your description I guess you came across rooms for either DB or GL! Both of them include 3 rooms and no checkpoint between each. I've got to 3rd room of GL and the end of 2nd room of DB, and I really think some checkpoints will help, so players don't need to spend lots of time going through the rooms they already know how to beat just for a practice chance for the new room. But still, I'd understand if the dev decide to keep it that way as the toughest challenge :)

9. sapphire_neo

sapphire_neo Well-Known Member

Jan 20, 2011
    Yeah, those are the insane platforming gauntlet rooms. It's recommended to have charge shot before heading there, but it's possible to do both with just rocket pack as well. I would also recommend having
    Dash Boots
    before attempting
    Grenade Launcher
    , they are an immense help.

10. Makoto

Makoto Well-Known Member

Jun 7, 2014
    Thanks for the tips bro!
    As for me,
    DB 2nd room seems even harder than GL 2nd room. I've got to 3rd GL once, while haven't beat DB 2nd yet. For the GL rooms, I tried to shoot down all helper-bots with main weapon + radical gun + grenade before I advanced to next platforms, making the 2nd room safer yet much time consuming, thus when I made it to the 3rd room, I was already exhausted... As for DB rooms, even the 1st room is some what time consuming for me, and the flails (is it the right word? I'm still learning English) in the 2nd room just knocked me down a lot...
    What's your strategy?

11. sapphire_neo

Jan 20, 2011
    For
    Dash Boots
    :
    For the second room you need to find the right timing. There are basically three set of challenges in that room. The first set is the easiest, you can stand on one half of the platform, rocket jump through one rotation of the energy ball and then land on the other half of the platform. Repeat for the other platform. For the second set there is a timing somewhere around when the ball is at a 9 o clock position when you can just go through the whole set in one go. There' said similar timing for the final set. The third room is the real killer, requires very precise jumping.

12. Makoto

Makoto Well-Known Member

Jun 7, 2014
    Thanks for the deep insight! Yes, the timing is tricky,
    especially for those sets in which energy balls go in different direction.
    btw, I wonder what did
    Dash Boots
    do?

13. sapphire_neo

Jan 20, 2011
    Dash Boots allow you to dash very quickly for a short distance, both on the ground as well as in the air. They can be very useful for more difficult platforming situations.

14. Makoto

Makoto Well-Known Member

Jun 7, 2014
    Oh, now I see how "it" helps to get
    grenade launcher

15. codeb0t

codeb0t Active Member

Oct 31, 2011
    Please please please do this... I am buying Rex Rocket today and I'm going to wait until MFI support is in to play it! (I have a Horipad, great controller for platformers)

16. DeNappa

DeNappa Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Oct 1, 2013
    Netherlands
    I think I've hit one of the 'gauntlet' room chains you guys were talking about, the ones that seems to loop back to Rex's quarters? Man, I must've died so many times, and after all that I've gotten as far as halfway room 3. It's tricky to get the jumps there right, and i still die like 3 out of 4 times on my way back in room 2 (with the rotators and hovering bots).
    I'm sure there must be some anticlimactic reward at the end ;D

17. Luciano1084

May 8, 2014
    Yup that's the room I'm talking about ###

18. Makoto

Makoto Well-Known Member

Jun 7, 2014
    Yeah, that's one of the "gauntlets", and widely regarded as the toughest challenge in the game as far as I know.
    I haven't made it yet… now I'm working on another one

19. sapphire_neo

Jan 20, 2011
    I would recommend getting
    Dash Boots
    before doing that gauntlet, it's incredibly hard on iOS without that item.

20. Luciano1084

May 8, 2014
    I'm trying to get them but it's extremely hard to ##