iPhone Shadowrun: Dragonfall - Director's Cut (by Harebrained Schemes LLC)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by killercow, Dec 3, 2014.

1. HBS_Jeff

HBS_Jeff Active Member

Sep 26, 2013
    Thank you all for your feedback and advice on features/improvements that you would like to see, I have passed all of this information onto the rest of the Shadowrun team.

@Luciano1084,
    You may be surprised to find out that only the actors and weapons are actually 3D objects! All of the environments and other props are 2D handpainted images that are projected in an isometric view. If you were to rotate the camera you would see that all of our art would skew until it looked like a single line, then disappear as you start looking at the "back" of the prop.

2. Luciano1084

Luciano1084 Well-Known Member

May 8, 2014
    Gotcha Jeff, thanks for reply.. Now I gotta ask this again, how do I use overwatch? I can't figure it out for the life of me.. Sorry guys :/

3. azmodan

azmodan New Member

Dec 20, 2014
    Is there any alternative cyberpunk game for iphone?

4. Amenbrother

Amenbrother Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2011
    Yea we def need some 6 plus support for this!

5. HBS_Jeff

HBS_Jeff Active Member

Sep 26, 2013
    To use Overwatch you need to have Ranged Combat 4. Then the Overwatch button (looks similar to a Wifi icon) in the center of the action bar will light up. If you click on that button the icon should change to a green check mark and a red x (used to confirm and cancel respectively) and a yellow cone should be shown originating from your selected actor. This yellow area is to show you the direction that your actor will guarding with Overwatch until their next turn. You can change the direction of the cone by tapping around your selected actor until you are satisfied. Another interesting point with Overwatch is that the selected actor will use whatever attack is selected before confirming Overwatch, so you can have an actor use Full Auto or Burst Fire when the Overwatch is triggered.

I hope that this answers your question!

6. brerlappin

brerlappin Well-Known Member

Feb 10, 2009
    Not related to Dragonfall, but the new Shadowrun Hong Kong won't be available for iPad. Very disappointing. :mad:

7. Opheus

Opheus Well-Known Member

Nov 7, 2014
    Anyone has trouble with the mission APEX rising ? The game keep crashing at a certain point, I have tried all dialogue choice, even restart the mission but the problem still persists. Been stuck at this for about a week, so frustrating.

8. djstout

djstout Well-Known Member

Jul 21, 2011
    Sportscaster & football (soccer) coach
    Taiwan & Japan
    New Shadowrun? For IPhone?

9. Citronaut

Citronaut Well-Known Member

Apr 12, 2014
    It's coming out on PC only, unfortunately.

10. Edmilan

Edmilan Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2011
    Philippines
    Hopefully they port the iPad Shadoweun to iPhone

11. Quazonk

Quazonk Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2011
    Haha sound logic

12. Luciano1084

May 8, 2014
    Where did you hear this?

13. brerlappin

brerlappin Well-Known Member

Feb 10, 2009
  14. Luciano1084

May 8, 2014
  15. Based Xatu

Based Xatu Well-Known Member

Aug 27, 2013
    Just so I can remove all hope, if I need too- is there any chance of any of the shadowrun games running on iPhones?

16. TheOutlander

TheOutlander Well-Known Member

Apr 15, 2014
    You can play on an iPhone modifying the .plist inside the .ipa file on PC but TBH, having tried doing that with Shadowrun Returns on my gf's 5C (don't judge me, she wanted to try it) I don't like how the UI scales and, as it was previously posted a few pages back, the text is too small.

17. Amenbrother

Jun 24, 2011
    Hoping for 6 plus support!

18. CharliePrince

CharliePrince Well-Known Member

Mar 5, 2012
    ./cosign :(

19. Ayjona

Ayjona Well-Known Member

Sep 8, 2009
    Freelance journalist and writer, amateur musician
    Stockholm, Sweden
    #159 Ayjona, Jan 18, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 18, 2015
    With such a veritable host of converted PC RPGs and TBS titles (many of which place much greater demands on UI and controls, such as the Infinity Engine games' and KOTOR's realtime combat, and XCOM's more complex camera controls, and far more complex positioning and line of sight mechanics) available for the iPhone as well, I'm honestly suprised Harebrained will not even consider rescaling the UI and text for the smaller screens.

I remember having the exact same discussion with Supergiant over Bastion. They decided to trust the hardcore iPhone user base to reward the existence of console and PC titles on mobile phones, and last I heard from them, they were happy they did. Stoic is another example of a studio who considered a small screen port of an PC/tablet title completely unviable, but who later produced one of the finest iPhone titles in existence, and one of the finest ports to date (the occasionally finicky controls and small text notwithstanding. Yet another example of how very little work would have been needed to optimize the UI for the smaller screen).

Not worth the time and effort, that I could understand (even though I suspect it would be wrong, with a game that would sell as well as I suspect Dragonfall for iPhone would). But saying a port is not feasible, for a game where extremely similar or more demanding games have already been ported? That has been proven wrong so many times it borders on absurdity by now.

20. Amenbrother

Jun 24, 2011
    I mean most of us here have no problem dropping the money for this if an iPhone version ever came out.