iPad Skies of Glory - from the makers of F.A.S.T.

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by ImNoSuperMan, Dec 16, 2009.

1. Rebel1699

Rebel1699 Well-Known Member

Jul 10, 2010
    Oklahoma
  2. Pirhanna

Pirhanna Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2010
    My CS is in my signature at the bottom of this post :)

3. Thomas8294

Thomas8294 Well-Known Member

Apr 3, 2010
    Virginia,USA
    Kunheo, that was a great game. Your awesome in the BF! I was "A MUSHROOM". I really enjoy the few times I get to see you and TM and on rare occasions Frum!

4. Rebel1699

Jul 10, 2010
    Oklahoma
    Lol, I guess we both came here to check on Kuneho!

5. Thomas8294

Thomas8294 Well-Known Member

Apr 3, 2010
    Virginia,USA
    He will reply here eventually. He always does. He finds the BS at FB not worth his time and I can't blame him. I was actually thinking of asking everyone to send stupid pm's to Nebula a couple of times a day just to annoy him!

6. Kuneho

Kuneho Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2010
    Hi Thomas, sorry, that was not me, I have not played against you lately :( . I have been flying as Itchy. :):):)

7. Kuneho

Kuneho Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2010
  8. Pirhanna

Pirhanna Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2010
    What up Kuneho! You need to put your SAB tag back on again bro...You guys are actually growing again and Handy and Q-Ball have even been flying again...Freaking me out to see so many SAB up and about again! LOL

9. Rebel1699

Jul 10, 2010
    Oklahoma
    Hi Kuneho! Miss seeing you out there buddy! Good to hear from you.

10. Kuneho

Kuneho Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2010
    Hi Kingpin! I think i played against you lately. Whats up with your mustang? You are a beast in that thing! :eek: Nice to know that SAB is growing again. :)

11. Kuneho

Kuneho Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2010
    Yup buddy me too! I'll try to play more. :):):)

12. Frumius

Frumius Well-Known Member

Jul 14, 2009
    Starship Science Officer
    Beta Antares IV
    Hi, guys :)

I've been flying as SAB Downstroyer recently. I haven't been on nearly as much these days as in the old days (heh, old days -- the game's not even that old!), and I don't think I'm as good as back then. While I can hold my own in most rooms, there are occasionally players I meet who are much better than I am.

13. shern25

shern25 Well-Known Member

Jun 30, 2009
    domestic engineer
    Singapore
    Hey Frumius! I'm missing our old times. I'm currently in China for going to my wife's hometown with all my 3 kids for past 10days and do u know Facebook is banned in China? Along with YouTube and Wikipedia and hundreds of other websites. :O So I haven't been able to know what's going on in SoG FB wall. Good thing they didn't block this touch arcade.

I've heard SGN has sold SoG to another company called Mindjoint or smtg like that. That's probably good for us because this may mean new updates soon. Hopefully.

I should be able to consider myself retired from the game couple of months ago, looking at the number of times I played the game recently, which is less than 15min per week. But the 2 Mings (one is my twin brother and the other is another Singaporean) and Ferdinand has started a new squad called SIA. This did create a itch in me to come back to the game. But life still very busy for me.
    Great to hear from u again. :)

14. Frumius

Jul 14, 2009
    Starship Science Officer
    Beta Antares IV
    #13174 Frumius, May 8, 2011
    Last edited: May 8, 2011
    Aye we had a lot of good old times for sure! I'm in a state of much reduced SoG time, but I still think it's an awesome game and pick it up for a few minutes here and there. I have only like 25xx kills, I think, so I'm way down there. Whether there was some reset, or my scores got reset when I got a new device I'm not sure, but it happened after I'd begun to play less often.

Shern, check to see if you have a PM from me about another flight game, and if you do reply by PM instead of this forum. Keep that conversation private. It was from a while ago, some months.

15. Frumius

Jul 14, 2009
    Starship Science Officer
    Beta Antares IV
    This thing flew over the other day while I had my camera out!

[​IMG]
    P-51 overhead 4-30-11
    1/3200 Sec at F/2.8 at 105mm, ISO 200

You cannot get a prettier plane than the P-51 Mustang. I sure wish SoG's Zero III hadn't come along and rendered this thing useless.

16. Frumius

Jul 14, 2009
    Starship Science Officer
    Beta Antares IV
    #13176 Frumius, May 10, 2011
    Last edited: May 10, 2011
    And then I had a dream, and this happened!

[​IMG]
    had to blur the props a bit to fit in.

17. shern25

Jun 30, 2009
    domestic engineer
    Singapore
    Where's the 'like' button in TA forum? :)

18. shern25

Jun 30, 2009
    domestic engineer
    Singapore
    #13178 shern25, May 15, 2011
    Last edited: May 15, 2011
    MetalStorm Online: this is it!

Hey Fruimus,
    Have u tried the MetalStorm? It's certainly has worked out all the woes from FAST and come out with the very type of online multiplayer modern dogfight we have been waiting for. It has good business model that should provide good revenue for the company to continue improving this game, and yet one need not to keep paying to stay on top. You just need a one time payment of $5-$10 to buy a good plane and do all the upgrades for that plane. Then use the credits u earned in the game to buy above average cannon and missiles without paying any more money. And you still can use real money to buy top cannons or missiles but that is not going to make you invincible, unlike the BFM missiles in FAST. The best missile once miss you due to your quick sharp turn will just fly straight and explode. It won't keep tracking after you, like BFM.

The connection is nicely done. Anyone quit during the match will lose the match, even if he is winning. Anyone who encounter Internet disruption will pause the game on both sides, until a period of time then the player that still can't return to the game will be considered lost.

The leader board is using game center. And has 3 boards: the skills rating which almost follows the FAST system, the number of kills rating which is like SoG system, and a board for single player part.

And it's now the number one app in iTune and has more than half a million people played this game within less than a week after it released.

And the key thing is this is not done by SGN. And the developers of this game has guys who developed FAST.

19. Frumius

Jul 14, 2009
    Starship Science Officer
    Beta Antares IV
    Thanks, Shern! I'm going to check it out. The screenshots look nice.

20. shern25

Jun 30, 2009
    domestic engineer
    Singapore
    Do come to the Metalstorm online Facebook page. The developers are asking for our feedbacks and a new update is coming soon.