Universal [Sky Dancer] Fantasy Runner & Skydiving! Need Beta Testers! (by Pine Entertainment)

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by antony.thai, Nov 7, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jr51

jr51 Member

Nov 8, 2013
  2. Lowwolf

Lowwolf Member

May 17, 2012
  3. kickypants

kickypants Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2016
    Been sending feedback. Especially about the lack of sound in this game and the devs seem to have vanished. This game in my opinion is pretty awesome. Judging from the sound I heard in the video the music is nice. Coin collecting sound definitely need reworked. Perhaps a softer sound to match the atmosphere. Need a good falling sound and impact sound. An impact sound intensity according to how far the dive was. Maybe extra points awarded for some sort of stunts pulled during the fall( like a dive or spin or flat dive). Come back to us devs. People are liking your game. Communicate please. Fix sound please. Really takes away from enjoyment having no sound. Come back

4. antony.thai

antony.thai Well-Known Member

Hey!

I'm here, first, our last week was like hell, tons of works are added just to be sure that we're able to reach our important milestone of Sky Dancer, and we've just recently did it last sunday's night, with a new beta release.

I will communicate more in another post with full update's stuffs after a little more sleep, I hope that the beta could be approved as fast as they can so I can deliver it to you, I made this Sky Dancer with so much love! and I'm so much happying while receiving your supports!

Thank you!

5. Jayg2015

Jayg2015 Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2015
    Male
    Player 1
    Liberty city
    This game continues to achieve more and more. Becoming an amazing new and unique runner

6. underDOGS Gaming Studio

underDOGS Gaming Studio Well-Known Member

Sep 5, 2012
    Mumbai, India
    Though I like the Art style, it looks a mix of Journey and Alto' Adventure. Looks nice

7. antony.thai

I hope that Apple will approve the beta release tonight, there're many works to do but I believe this next version of beta build will do better, I've made a run with this release and posting it into youtube as below.

PS: all musics are changed, but I believe the new ones make Sky Dancer become much better. Although the all beta release is without sound/music.

8. antony.thai

Hey all!

The new beta version is ON now with music inside. I'm loving to hear more from you gus.

Thanks in advance,

9. antony.thai

Also, please help to delete the old release before installing this new beta version.

Thank you a lot in advance!

10. atash55

atash55 Member

Apr 2, 2014
    Game Developer
    Hi,

The latest version feels a lot better, the sounds are definitely helping. A quick observation, every time I want to retry I have to go back to the starting point. This takes a while as the camera goes back from the point where the character fell/collided to the starting point. Is it possible to add a retry button to the game over screen ? This retry button will make the game immediately start off with the character already running. This game is a running game so it will be better if the time gap between plays is as less as possible and the amount of taps needed from game over to a new play should be as less as possible. If a player wants to go back to the initial menu they can continue normally like the game does now.

Apart from that I am having fun playing the game. The art style is beautiful and the day-night cycle is great too! Still getting a hang of the controls. It was also nice of you to add our names to the credits! All the best!

11. antony.thai

Our biggest part is more or less in the control while the character is on air right now. It takes a bit time to get used to it. I'm waiting for more feedbacks to finally decide to re-work the control. My opinion is that, if the on-air control is too much easy (I mean without any tech. then a player can easy make a landing), the risky feeling while skydriving is cooling down a lot, which is what I'm not sure that I want also.

What is your best score right now? Can you advise me?

12. atash55

atash55 Member

Apr 2, 2014
    Game Developer
    Hi. Controls aren't really a problem. I am getting used to them. High score so far is only 328!

13. kickypants

Sep 13, 2016
    Before the updAte highscore was 2300. But high scores on game always erase. Would be nice if they stayed. Now that you updated it game won't work at all. Just stays on opening screen and doesn't recognize any taps. Booooo. Can't play at all now. On either my iPad Pro or iPhone 7. Neither work

14. antony.thai

If you can't get familiar with it and getting better score, I think that we have some issue with the control, normally, you will be able to get to 2k scores 10-20 retries.

My bad, I should mention it early in the mail, you need to delete your old buid and reinstall this new beta release to be able to play it. The score stays for sure mate.

Thank you a lot for the feedbacks!

15. atash55

atash55 Member

Apr 2, 2014
    Game Developer
    Hey, I've got the hang of controls. Was able to score more after playing it a few times. I don't think you need to change them.

16. antony.thai

The early stage of the game is a bit easy at the moment, it's designed that way to mainly give space for new users to get used with the game and the control. If you can reach the score of 1.5k or 2 and later, the running challenge and everything will be pretty awesome! (from my point of view). I hope that you can experience that too.

Cheers!

17. Stephan0711

Stephan0711 Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2014
    PM sent. Thank you!

18. antony.thai

PM-ed! We decided to extern a bit the beta to ensure about the control, you should receive the email by now.

Best!

19. kickypants

Sep 13, 2016
    The new build is great. Control is right on imo. Graphics are clean and animation smooth. Sounds great. Managed my high score today. 5033. Really addictive game. Great sense of tension as you you progress and have those tight landings and more frequent jumps. Hope to see more characters and maybe even new environments. Ex; industrial or jungle or volcano. Looking good devs.

20. antony.thai

I saw your great result in leaderboard already, you've topped the beta testers so far. I'm working on more unlock-able content too, thank you for the suggestion that right up my interesting. ;)

Cheers!