iPhone Small World 2 (By Asmodee Digital)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by ImNoSuperMan, Apr 3, 2010.

1. Appletini

Appletini Well-Known Member

Jan 8, 2011
    Ankh-Morpork
    Not only has a "story mode" not been part of the beta version at all, there's been absolutely no mention of such a feature as a planned or even possible addition, so you can probably just chalk that brief mention up as an early development idea that didn't work out for whatever reason.

2. vogelmann

vogelmann Well-Known Member

Aug 17, 2012
    Cologne, Germany
    Okay, thank you for the information. Too bad. A story mode or some kind of campaign would have been nice.

3. klink

klink 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 22, 2013
    No thank you
    USA
    I was thinking about purchasing some of the expansions packs before the price goes up. Does anyone have recommendations on the best expansions packs?

I wish DoW would offer a couple bundles of expansion packs at a reduced price. I'm a real sucker for 'value' bundles and would purchase it in a second.

4. Appletini

Jan 8, 2011
    Ankh-Morpork
    There are only two available in the existing app, Cursed! and Grand Dames, both of which are worth picking up. The update will introduce Be Not Afraid, and the Kickstarter-exclusive "Royal Bonus" expansion for backers.

The existing expansions are currently a mere $2 each; asking for a discount for those would be a bit ridiculous.

5. klink

klink 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 22, 2013
    No thank you
    USA
    For some weird reason I thought there were more expansion packs.

Once again you have set me straight Appletini!

6. Mene

Mene <b>ACCOUNT CLOSED</b>: <em>Officially</em> Quit iO

Mar 18, 2012
    #286 Mene, Sep 6, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 6, 2013
    Just got 'off the fence' and bought this.

If its 1/10th as fun as Ticket to Ride, it'll be worth every penny.

Edit: game 1, I lost. 37 Points to 107 :D
    Lots of things I didnt understand and the tutorial is pretty sparse, time to hit youtube :)

Question: does the AI have different levels?

7. Appletini

Jan 8, 2011
    Ankh-Morpork
    This is the tutorial video that will be included in the Small World 2 update:

8. cofunguy

cofunguy Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2012
    Is there some reason I cannot buy cursed expansion? Constantly says contacting store every time I play?

9. Mene

Mar 18, 2012
    Been playing this a bit and I like it!

Still have two questions though.

1: does the AI have difficulty settings (easy,med,hard), if so.. Where?

2: can I stop the AI from rotating the screen? His icons are upside down.

10. VeganTnT

VeganTnT Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 19, 2008
    Freelance Entertainment Analyst
    Orlando, FL
    No you can't change difficulty. The AI was basically a stand in (albeit a tough one) as the app was made to be set down between two people.

That leads to the question about rotating. You can't stop it from rotating because the AI takes the place of the player across from you and DoW didn't implement the auto rotation that is found when playing against two humans (used for pass n play rather than setting it on a table)

Don't worry about the rotation too much as the 2.0 update definitely fixes that. The AI I'm not sure about as I'm not beta testing it but maybe someone else can give some insight on that

11. Mene

Mar 18, 2012
    Thank you

12. andsoitgoes

andsoitgoes Well-Known Member

Nope, still no difficulty setting, which is a bummer for me but... Such is life.

I know AIs can be a difficult thing to create, but I would have been very happy to see at least an "easy" setting.

13. tarasis

tarasis Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2011
    Completely kicking myself. Meant to grab the IAP the other day before the price went up, forgot and then got the notification this morning that Small World 2 was released. DOH!

So IAP is now €2,69 each, I think they were €1,79 before.

14. biokid

biokid Well-Known Member

Jul 11, 2013
    Wop Wops
    I think you should support the developer and buy the IAP. Anyway, isn't the IAP £1.99 now. Correct me if I am wrong. DOW pretty much gave us a free upgrade to SW2 without charging us a single penny, but some may disagree.
    If it was some other developer, they probably gladly release that as an IAP or separate app to make more money.

15. sapphire_neo

sapphire_neo Well-Known Member

Jan 20, 2011
    I will have no problem giving DOW more on the iAP now if they have come through on their promise as I was always skeptical of them. Downloading the update, hopefully I'll be ready to play a few games with the TA board game crew soon :)

16. Aventador

Aventador Well-Known Member

Jan 16, 2013
    Student
    Croatia
    Thread name should be changed to Small World 2 now as new version replaces old one :)

17. sapphire_neo

sapphire_neo Well-Known Member

Jan 20, 2011
    After only one game, I can safely say that DoW has done what they promised. And therefore, I shall eat crow and applaud DoW for doing a great job as well as thank the backers and testers for having faith in them.

18. ojtitus

ojtitus Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2010
    Male
    Canton, Ohio
    #298 ojtitus, Sep 12, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 12, 2013
    Really happy the SW2 update is out, made my day.:D

Edit: I'm more than happy to pick up the new expansion especially after all the work they put in to updating the app, when they could have pulled a dirtbag move and just launch SW2 as a separate app.

19. Bool Zero

Bool Zero Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2010
    Yep, update is awesome and makes the game feel much closer to its physical counterparts! I already owned the other expansions but it is a no brainier to drop the $5 just to get the mini expansion. Besides, this is still cheaper to buy than the physical copy I own!

20. VeganTnT

VeganTnT Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 19, 2008
    Freelance Entertainment Analyst
    Orlando, FL
    Done! I just woke up and immediately had to get the update started :)