Sogni - AI generator

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by RoaringKitty, Sep 10, 2024.

1. RoaringKitty

RoaringKitty Well-Known Member

Aug 23, 2024
    The North
    #1 RoaringKitty, Sep 10, 2024
    Last edited: Sep 20, 2024
    App info is currently processing and/or the app is not yet fully available for sale on the US App Store.

I would like to recommend this app to everyone interested in generative AI. It’s free right now so even if you don’t have the hardware for it, grab it for later use. It’s a really good app.

So what is it?
    It’s an app that let you create AI pictures locally on your device. It uses Stable Defusion and ships with around 200 models that you use as render cores. More will surley be added with time. It even support custom models but only on the Mac side. Ipad/iphone have around 50 models right now. The price includes use on both iOS/iPadOS and MacOS.

It is not for the faint of heart though, there are alot of settings for you to mess around with. It’s not a plug and play software, but it can give you amazing results if you are willing to put in some time and play around with it.

Is my device supported?
    Sogni run all calculations locally so older ipad/iphones may not be supported or have bad performance. The M lineup in ipads are all supported, as well as the latest iphone Bionic chipsets.

For what is worth, It runs great on a M4 ipad pro with 8gb of ram, and it runs well enough on a M1 mac book pro with 8gb of ram. I can’t speak of the performance on iphones since I have a pretty old one. Fast CPU and much RAM = better.

Costs?
    None except for the price of admission. (Right now its free)

The beauty is that it runs locally so no tokens, waiting in queues or silly subscription schemes are necessary. For privacy reasons, this is also good. You pay once and play forever.