iPhone Space Hulk - (by Full Control Studios)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Dec 4, 2013.

1. Pitta

Pitta Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2008
    Male
    Italy
    I really think the various bugs are caused by the very same memory leak.
    I closed every app from the tray, didn't even rebooted.
    The SAME mission where undo wasn't possible and enemy turns took almost 30 seconds now it's flawless.
    Undo ALWAYS avaible, even after enemy kills, multiple times.
    Enemy turn is INSTANT....after the genestealers move it's my turn INSTANTLY.
    Only at the end, after 40 turns or so, I had to wait less than 1 second.

When it works like this, it's simply amazing.
    I really hope they sort it out fast, I can provide logs or anything that could help, if the dev reads this.

2. lilgac

lilgac Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2013
    Hmm.. Optimization seriously needed then..
    As even when I am playing xcom, which is also memory intensive I assume, I never had to close all apps in tray..
    I am holding out still for this app but seriously , I want to click buy to experience this as I like sci if turn based tactical stuff
    So cross fingers these bugs are iron out soon, before Xmas :p

3. Crabman

Crabman Well-Known Member

May 24, 2013
    Berlin
    Same here.

4. Pitta

Pitta Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2008
    Male
    Italy
    I must say that when it works, it's really awesome.

I could use some help with the mission where you have to find a O.C.A.
    Where the hell is that?
    I already lost four full squads looking for it.
    And in that mission, one terminator has a little CAT writings on it...what does it mean?

Truly a brain melter.....the tension when the aliens come and you already know you have some flanks exposed is really something....

For some reason, and I'm not the only one for sure, when I see blips moving I imagine in my head the BLIP BLIP BLIIP BLIIIIIP sound from Alien.
    Then I die.

5. h1ryu

h1ryu Well-Known Member

Feb 8, 2011

Yeah it's a little ambiguous, basically the CAT always starts with the group on the right of the map and you have to protect the Terminator carrying it to the destination. The destination is at the bottom of the map exactly where the 2nd Terminator squad enters the mission, (a blue looking tile).
    You can give the CAT to different Terminators if the carrier is in danger or just to go faster depending on what moves other characters have available.

I think I just described the correct mission (hopefully), I was confused on that one myself.

6. Farmer Harv

Farmer Harv Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2009
    I hope you're right and they can fix this up quickly. Haven't/won't try it myself as my (paid) beta testing days are over, and I haven't had to use a boot disk in 20 years.

7. Power Gamer

Power Gamer Well-Known Member

Apr 30, 2013
    Side stepping is not possible? Because if you do it the normal way, it costs 3 AP.

8. iPadisGreat

iPadisGreat Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    I finally played Space Hulk.

This game badly needs a gamma slider to make the game brighter. I really had to crank up my brightness to see it better, which uses up more battery life compared to just having a gamma slider.

Also, Space Hulk needs to clearly differentiate the moves that would use up Command Points. I want to move my Terminator, but retain enough Command Points for unjamming my bolter or other stuff. As it is, it is unclear how far I can move my Terminator without doing so.

Cleared the three tutorials and the first mission.

Also, those of you thinking of getting Space Hulk on an iPad Mini, retina or not, reconsider. The text is tiny. Quite hard to make out...

9. Larni

Larni Well-Known Member

Apr 18, 2013
    Yeah, I can confirm that closing everything remedies these issue on an Air.

10. wicro

wicro Well-Known Member

Oct 2, 2011
    Scotland
    Real shame but this is unplayable on the iPad 2, what I have experienced is really good, but now I am on the bigger maps it crashes constantly.

11. Pitta

Pitta Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2008
    Male
    Italy
    Are you kidding me?!?!?!
    Are you saying that I spent hours scarifying terminator after terminator searching EVERY INCH OF THE HULK trying to find that thing?!?!?!
    Did I had it from the start, called CAT (and not OCA like in the briefing)????

LOL.

(Will try tonight :p)

Thanks!!!

12. oooooomonkey

oooooomonkey Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2011
    Forge World
    Lol yep if I remember right the flamed starts with the CAT and you just need to get him or whoever is carrying it to the bottom square. :D you need to pay more attention to the emperor!

13. Pitta

Pitta Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2008
    Male
    Italy
    For the glory of the Emperor, to my legion discharge, The Italian translation tells a completely different story :)

I'll try if the memory wipe solves even the server error message (but I'm not confident).

14. Arzy

Arzy Well-Known Member

Apr 30, 2012
    Have an iPad Air here and I love this game. Exactly what you'd expect from a turn based Space Marine game.

15. oooooomonkey

Jan 15, 2011
    Forge World
    Oh I never considered that it was a different language :eek: so it's down to the translation being wrong because I'm sure that mission told you what to do (I'm playing on the default English)
    I'll give it a quick try now and just check what it said for me.

16. oooooomonkey

Jan 15, 2011
    Forge World
    #236 oooooomonkey, Dec 7, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 7, 2013
    Right it says retrieve the faulty C.A.T. For me here's a pic, objective exit with the C.A.T.
    I just checked by switching mine to Italian and it says something like ioca in the text but the voice over still being in English says retrieve the C.A.T.?
    Can't really comment on much more than that as I don't know any other language than English.

Attached Files:

17. Farmer Harv

Farmer Harv Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2009
    My curiosity got the best of me, so I thought I'd try this on my Retina Mini. No change for me at all. :mad: here is the process...

1. Dbl click home button, remove all programs.
    2. Reboot device by holding both buttons until Apple appears.
    3. Start device, start Space Hulk.
    4. Tap to skip intro, select Campaign, select Sin of Damnation, select Suicide Mission, tap Select.
    5. On mission start tap squares from left to right to place Marines, tap Deploy.
    6. Marines appear, map can be moved but little green wheel spins for 20-30 seconds and nothing else can be selected.
    7. Move first Marine, note that Undo button is greyed out.

This happens Every Single Time. I never get the undo button, I can never save/load and Genestealer turns take a minimum of 20 seconds before I can select anything (the map is scrollable though). So unless this is some sort of undocumented Iron Man mode, I'd say it's broken. If I wasn't so pissed off I'd load it on the wife's iPad 3 to see what happens, but I've wasted too much time with it already.

18. Pitta

Pitta Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2008
    Male
    Italy
    To be honest I only do point 1 and worked consistently all day and I hope it continues to do so till they properly patch this.

19. Larni

Larni Well-Known Member

Apr 18, 2013
    I had exactly the same issues: greyed out redo, no save and about 15 seconds of no UI (but I could still scroll about the map) after steelers had moved untill I could act.

What I did was to close everything in the background, switch it off then on again, start Space Hulk.

This resolved the problem in an Air, for me. Hope that helps.

20. Azpathfinder

Azpathfinder New Member

Dec 7, 2013
    Same here, game is constantly crashing on my iPad 2. Unfortunate.

Will iTunes offer a refund? I've never tried...