iPhone Space Hulk - (by Full Control Studios)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Dec 4, 2013.

1. Larni

Larni Well-Known Member

Apr 18, 2013
    You could try. I complained about AVP: Evolution locking out the side missions in an update and although they could not refund me they gave me credit for 5 free songs.

Better than a poke in the eye.

2. oooooomonkey

oooooomonkey Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2011
    Forge World
    Sounds like this is an issues with the iapd air's because even when I get the loading icon it's only for 5seconds max.

3. Larni

Larni Well-Known Member

Apr 18, 2013
    As long as I have nothing else open my Air runs this fine. If anything is open it has the afore mentioned issues.

4. oooooomonkey

Jan 15, 2011
    Forge World
    Check out the amount of genestealers chasing my guys down :eek:

Attached Files:

5. oooooomonkey

Jan 15, 2011
    Forge World
    Also for people asking before about the length/playtime I just finished mission 1 of the £1.99 messenger of purgatory pack and it took 1hour 11minutes :eek:
    Talk about value for money and that's just mission one.
    The last few turns were tense when I was making my way around the last corner or two praying for good rolls etc.

Attached Files:

6. Pitta

Pitta Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2008
    Male
    Italy
    let them come

7. pka4916

pka4916 Well-Known Member

Jun 6, 2009
    Male
    Wisconsin
    Is it me or what

This line in the description

*** NOTE: Compatible with iPad 2 and up + iPad mini WILL NOT RUN ON EARLIER DEVICES ***

"EARLIER DEVICES" ? that's only the old Ipad.

Then why not say, "Does not run on Ipad1" or "Need Ipad 2 or above"

This makes me think that there is more, and that Ipad2 maybe needs to be Ipad 3 or 4 in the description ?
    since people are complaining about the Ipad2

Just my .02 cents

8. iPadisGreat

iPadisGreat Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    The [Undo] button also seems to have stopped working in my retina iPad Mini. It worked in the tutorial missions, but never lit up in the actual campaign. Is that a rMini specific bug?

9. oooooomonkey

Jan 15, 2011
    Forge World
    That undo button is one thing I don't understand why they included it, if the move was just single tap to see how much ap it would cost and a double tap to confirm they could have done away with the undo button anyway. As for me the only time I've used it is when I've accidently moved. I can't bring myself to use it any other time as it would spoil the hardness that is space hulk :D

10. iPadisGreat

Dec 10, 2012
    I needed undo as I was using up my Command Points just from movement...

11. h1ryu

h1ryu Well-Known Member

Feb 8, 2011
    I don't think so, I'm playing on mini retina and it seems to always work for me. Quite a godsend when I mistakenly move guys which happens fairly often...

12. Amenbrother

Amenbrother Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2011
    That doesnt work for me :(

13. lilgac

lilgac Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2013
    No word from dev here in ta?

14. biokid

biokid Well-Known Member

Jul 11, 2013
    Wop Wops
    Their community manager is active here, but it is the weekend......

15. blownlowd1

blownlowd1 Member

Nov 18, 2013
    I think this game should be judged by what the developer released. If they only wanted the player to experience a competitive game then they would have released exactly that. Right now this game is great for what it is. I just wish it wasn't so buggy.

16. september

september Well-Known Member

Sep 14, 2012
    I think you've misunderstood me slightly. You're free to judge this game however you want, but be aware the maps and rule set it is using were never designed around singleplayer. If you want to play SH as it was originally intended you would do so competitively, the developer adding in bots in this particular rendition doesn't really alter that.

17. PCKid

PCKid Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2008
    Game Player
    Western Australia
    Found the original 1.3 IPA in my time machine so removed the update and installed the original version. It works much better. No slow down in genestealers turn and no greyed out undos. Be warned you have to start again though. No saved game. I could have used iexplorer to back that part up to but wasn't that far in that I couldn't catch up easily enough.

18. Bischi777

Bischi777 Well-Known Member

Jan 10, 2013
    The original version also worked much better for me then after the update. Now its unplayable (30 seconds of waiting after each enemy move and no undo button) i will wait for the next update befor i start again.

(Bad luck with updates at the moment, magic 2014 and the might and magic card game both dont work with the new version)

19. Parkingtigers

Parkingtigers Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2010
    Game runs like arse since the update for me too. Long pauses at the end of each turn, crashes to the springboard without saving my game, intermittently vanishing undo button.

I have no complaints about price or content of this app. Goddamn though, it needs some serious bug fixing and optimization. I recommend it as a game, but I also recommend you wait for some technical polish before you buy it. The core is solid, but it's semi-broken in all sorts of ways.

As an aside, if the devs see this then I hope they include an option to unlock all missions. 3.4 GB means this app will only sit on my device long enough to beat the campaign then I'll have to delete it until I get a bigger iPad. Having to replay all the missions each time I reinstall would be annoying. Some missions are more fun than others, and I can run things like suicide mission with light/zero casualties every time. I just don't want to have to spend the time doing so in the future, and I will be cycling this on and off my devices because 3.4 GB.

20. iPadisGreat

Dec 10, 2012
    Are the three Space Hulk IAP expansions easier or harder than the included campaign?