iPhone Space Hulk - (by Full Control Studios)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Dec 4, 2013.

1. Kotovsky

Kotovsky Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2012
    They are harder according to what people say.

2. oooooomonkey

oooooomonkey Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2011
    Forge World
    If you see one of my previous posts from yesterday, I finished the first mission of the £1.99 cheapest expansion pack and it took me 1hour and 11minutes to finish it.
    So going by that and I've looked at the first mission of the other expansions and the maps are pretty big, I'd say that the expansions are bigger longer maps. I wouldn't say harder due to the random combat but longer yes.

3. iPadisGreat

iPadisGreat Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    I think I will get the expansions and play more after the next Space Hulk patch.

For some reason, I am having a hard time with the isometric view. Really wish there was an option for a top down view similar to Breach & Clear...

4. oooooomonkey

Jan 15, 2011
    Forge World
    I don't find the view to be a problem here but I can see how an option like B&C to switch at any point would be good.

About the IAP I bought them when I first downloaded the game and I haven't even finished the sin of damnation campaign yet :rolleyes: I only played through the first IAP mission yesterday to see what they were like.

5. Amenbrother

Amenbrother Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2011
    I will need a patch to be able to save my game or something. No way I could play for an hour straight lol

6. oooooomonkey

Jan 15, 2011
    Forge World
    You can save mid mission, just pause and save anytime you like and as many times as you like. I've had no problem doing it so far.

7. Larni

Larni Well-Known Member

Apr 18, 2013
    Make sure you close every thing in the background.

I had a similar problem and even on an Air literally anything in the background pisses on Space Hulk's chips.

Must have a huge RAM footprint that is in grave need of optimisation.

Hope that helps.

8. Amenbrother

Amenbrother Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2011
    It doesnt work, iPad air too so memory or ram shouldnt be a problem. I cant load saves at all.

9. oooooomonkey

Jan 15, 2011
    Forge World
    Seems to be a problem with the air because all the people posting that they have problems are using the air.

Is there anyone else using a different iPad as I'm using the iPad4 with no problems.

10. returnity

returnity Well-Known Member

Jan 8, 2013
    Nope, I'm on ipad 4 as well, but experiencing those problems just as they do..

11. toxiccheese

toxiccheese Well-Known Member

Mar 21, 2010
    I'm using the original ipad mini with no issues.

12. oooooomonkey

Jan 15, 2011
    Forge World
    It's weird the longest my game freezes for is a couple of seconds, nothing like what people have been saying here.
    Who knows maybe mine is having the same problems but I just can't see them through my nostalgia glasses :rolleyes:;)

13. Larni

Larni Well-Known Member

Apr 18, 2013
    I can't test this as I'm in Paris with my wife for my 40th birthday (pros and cons, there...) but try starting a new game with everything else on the ipad closed down after a full shutdown.

Perhaps once it's borked it stays borked; but a brand new game may resolve the issue.

My Air is now running this game correctly after I started a new game after closing everything.

14. Planetshooter

Planetshooter Well-Known Member

iPad 4:
    - No issues during tutorial missions.
    - Once main missions were started, undo button became greyed out which I assumed was because it was for tutorials only. I miss it, as I would like the option to undo an accidental move or action. If it's supposed to be there, then it's definitely a bug.
    - When the Genestealers (AI) have their turn, there's a period of around 30 seconds after they have all moved when the screen can be panned around and zoomed but there are no icons displaying for the good guys.
    - I have been able to save/load - not had a problem with that.
    - I have not had any crashes so far.

15. oooooomonkey

Jan 15, 2011
    Forge World
    This is all really weird as I'm only getting maybe 4seconds max between genestealers and my turn? I wonder what's causing these problems?
    Same here for no crashes
    And save load being fine.
    I've only used the undo button a hand full of times but it's worked each time, the only time it's been grated out for me is if I've moved a guy then switched to a different guy, then you can't undo what the previous guy did. But that makes sense to me as you should have already made up your mind hat move was correct before switching guys.

16. Power Gamer

Power Gamer Well-Known Member

Apr 30, 2013
    #276 Power Gamer, Dec 8, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 8, 2013
    I'm in a later mission where there is a stronger enemy type. It is under sustained fire, and I keep rolling 6 but the game always says "miss". Is this a bug? I restarted the mission without success.

Nevermind, now it worked.

17. oooooomonkey

Jan 15, 2011
    Forge World
    #277 oooooomonkey, Dec 8, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 8, 2013
    I'm taking it that'll be a brood lord as that should be the only other type of enemy in the game

18. CoreyB

CoreyB Well-Known Member

Aug 25, 2011
    Aircraft Mechanic
    Chicago, IL
    I have ipad 3 and the game is unplayable, no save loads and the wait time between turns is ridiculous. The game played perfect before the update but since then I've pretty much given playing until it's updated.

19. lilgac

lilgac Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2013
    Pocket tactics talk about the buggy issues too.
    Hope these are iron out else think giving this a miss
    Meanwhile just got B&C instead , hope its fun

20. EvilDucktator

EvilDucktator 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Sep 28, 2011
    Walt Disney World Cast Member
    Brisbane, Australia
    Glad I've held off on buying this now.