iPhone Space Hulk - (by Full Control Studios)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Dec 4, 2013.

1. oooooomonkey

oooooomonkey Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2011
    Forge World
    Grrr I can't update as I don't have the spare space,

2. Larni

Larni Well-Known Member

Apr 18, 2013
    Yeah, I had to delete xcom for the 3rd time to fit in some update or other.

3. oooooomonkey

Jan 15, 2011
    Forge World
    I just had to delete B&C, warhammer quest, battle academy and a couple of little things grrrr
    Warhammer fine as it uses iCloud but B&C doesn't neither does battle academy.

4. iPadisGreat

iPadisGreat Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    Cool. I am going to update and play Space Hulk tonight. Grab all the IAP expansions too.

Impatient? You must have been one of those whose iPads were unaffected by the wait 30 seconds after every Genestealer turn. It made the game unplayable unless you have lots of continuous free time...

5. oooooomonkey

Jan 15, 2011
    Forge World
    Nice update, even though I didn't have any really bad wait times like others, the game does seem to flow a lot smoother now.
    I haven't noticed any speed increase in the movement speed (not sure who said that, but to me they still plod along slowly like they should)

I was looking at he achievements, how are you supposed to finish a mission using no CP ? They just get used automatically when there's a gun jam or something? Anyone.

6. iPadisGreat

Dec 10, 2012
    I believe that the clearing of gun jams only happens during overwatch, so if you just do not use overwatch...

The Chaos gods must have set that achievements to harvest more Space Marine souls...

7. Power Gamer

Power Gamer Well-Known Member

Apr 30, 2013
    Something has changed. The terminators often don't complete their sentences anymore. They say "obstruction re...", then they stop speaking and fire. I think those speed ups made the game worse.

8. Pitta

Pitta Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2008
    Male
    Italy
    After 1 solid hour I can say Space Hulk on iPad Air is flawless now.
    Couldn't try multiplayer yet, but every quirk in the single player is gone....now the game flows very fast and smooth...it could be just because now I'm in a cool section of the hulk but graphics looks even better for me (terminators are more colorful and different now???).
    Speed seems as before to me, and my terminators speak correctly every sentence.

If you liked the original board game, look no further...this is now the real deal.
    Buying all expansions now.

My only wish is a universal build....I know I would play multiplayer A TON more on iPhone with proper notifications and I know for a fact I could involve several other people.

Congratulations to the devs for the speedy patch...you earned your Christmas holidays :p
    I really hope the game doesn't get lost in the Christmas AppStore madness...would be a shame.

LET THEM COME.

9. Power Gamer

Apr 30, 2013
    Is it a game rule that a terminator who survived a meele attack loses his overwatch status?

10. oooooomonkey

Jan 15, 2011
    Forge World
    Yep it is, taken from the rules.

11. gonetoyourhaed

gonetoyourhaed New Member

Dec 12, 2013
    I've just downloaded the game for the first time with the new update and it has been running flawlessly on my iPad 2 16GB. Cheers!

12. Power Gamer

Apr 30, 2013
    I think the biggest issue is that you can still undo your fire turns until you hit.

13. oooooomonkey

Jan 15, 2011
    Forge World
    Wow that sucks, I didn't even know you could do that as I've only ever used the undo button a few times when I've moved by mistake.
    That should really be changed, maybe only having the undo button on easy and not on normal and hard?

14. Pitta

Pitta Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2008
    Male
    Italy
    Commander of the squad, accept your ord....hem....your turn :p
    (Previous game is gone due to timeout).

15. oooooomonkey

Jan 15, 2011
    Forge World
    Sweet, we're back on I'll go take my turn now.

16. Pitta

Pitta Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2008
    Male
    Italy
    Well I must say that now that everything is addressed....IT IS SOOOOO GOOD.

Definitively needs proper notifications tough.
    Multiplayer is so damn fun.

17. EvilDucktator

EvilDucktator 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Sep 28, 2011
    Walt Disney World Cast Member
    Brisbane, Australia
    Does the game have a good tutorial? Or at least, is it easy to learn?

18. CoreyB

CoreyB Well-Known Member

Aug 25, 2011
    Aircraft Mechanic
    Chicago, IL
    Yeah I was a little shocked myself, but it's not super fast. For me the game is enjoyable again. I mostly play a little after work while I'm laying in bed, before the update I fell asleep twice waiting for my turn. Not having to wait on the loading between turns is a big plus for me.

19. iPadisGreat

Dec 10, 2012
    There really aren't that many rules.

You have Action Points for each of your guys and a pool of extra Command Points, that can be used as Action Points, that is shared by your all guys.

If you let a Genestealer get next to you, you die.* So shoot them when they are far far away.

Keep moving towards your objective. Literally or you will be overwhelmed by the endless hordes of Genestealers.

If you watched Aliens and thought it would be a kick ass turn based boardgame, you will love Space Hulk.

20. oooooomonkey

Jan 15, 2011
    Forge World
    Woo just finished the messenger of purgatory campaign and I'm upto mission 9 (regroup) in sin of damnation, getting there slowly.
    The multiplayer is looking good so far.

Anyone else think the terminators look better after the new update?