iPhone Space Hulk - (by Full Control Studios)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Dec 4, 2013.

1. lilgac

lilgac Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2013
    It seems only unused CP is used for unjamming during GS turn. Unused AP is not used for anything.

2. lilgac

lilgac Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2013
    Believe someone has already reported this animation timing bug. Occur twice while ago on my mission

"If a Genestealer moves towards a Terminator in Overwatch, and the Terminator jams and clears the jam with a Command Point, the Genestealer gets moved back one space for some reason. This makes single player a little easier than it ought to be. And looks a little odd"

3. Pitta

Pitta Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2008
    Male
    Italy
    I think you are right.
    Tried this several times and the Marines unjamned their weapons only when I had CP left, never when I had AP left.
    Bug?

4. lilgac

lilgac Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2013
    Perhaps not a bug, just the way the rules are? I hve never played space hulk before so I not familiar with the rules

5. lilgac

lilgac Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2013
    #405 lilgac, Dec 15, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 15, 2013
    Update on the patch:

After playing through the first three missions , I notice the loading time is getting slower, the pause after GS turn is getting around 10 sec , not so much as 30 sec like someone used to have though before patch (after GS turn, UI is up but can't do anything except panning)

So I think it's time to reboot my iPad 4..
    Strange though as there are also other people with iPad 4 but suffer no lag. My running apps are very few as well. Hope lag can be further reduce.

Those having pause issues after patch pls do feedback along with device type

Well apart from this, overall the game experience is worth it. I do hope though next version or future plans apart from new campaigns can do more about the cutscene angle (looking from behind the Term's head?) .

Shoulder can wise I actually turn it off. Small still in iPad, cosmetic but lots of potential

Hope more people support this game

6. Skypoint

Skypoint Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2010
    It's not a bug. As per Space Hulk 3rd edition rules, jams are cleared in your own turn by spending 1AP, or during the Genestealer turn by spending 1CP to clear the jam and resume overwatch.

All remaining APs are lost at the end of the Space Marine turn.

7. Power Gamer

Power Gamer Well-Known Member

Apr 30, 2013
    Feature request

I'd like to be able to skip the video that is played after you start the app. Having to click to make it end is an unnecessary step. I think 99,9% of the users are skipping the video. It annoys me every single time that I have to wait for the video to load just to close it right away.

8. oooooomonkey

oooooomonkey Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2011
    Forge World
    Thanks for that. I used to leave spare AP thinking it would be useful it's good to know it's not needed.

9. Pitta

Pitta Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2008
    Male
    Italy
    Thanks for clarifying this!!!

Back in the hulk :)

10. Power Gamer

Power Gamer Well-Known Member

Apr 30, 2013
    App freezes in multiplayer when manually revealing Blips and pressing reveal right after selecting one of the placed units.

11. oooooomonkey

Jan 15, 2011
    Forge World
    Hmm me and Pitta have played a full game of multiplayer and I didn't have any problems.

12. Pitta

Pitta Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2008
    Male
    Italy
    Yeah so far it's been a flawless experience.
    And oooooomonkey knows it, because he was using Genestealears and killed almost all my terminators :(

:p

13. Pitta

Pitta Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2008
    Male
    Italy
    Is it me or generally graphics has been much improved too?
    Maybe it's just because I'm now playing later missions (I'm at mission 8 or 9) but general graphics is MUCH better than first levels/as I remembered them.
    A ton of different textures (especially in the 'cathedral'-like multi store levels) and different units too.

14. lilgac

lilgac Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2013
    When I was replaying exterminate mission, I wish I could see where I have place my units in the top down overview map (before clicking deploy) . Right now it only shows those units which AI randomly placed.
    This is useful in large map where one by one selecting where to place your units you will like to check the map for an overview placement before clicking deploy.

15. drdreh

drdreh Well-Known Member

Jul 17, 2012
    can someone tell what is this?
    not logged on? where?

Attached Files:

16. tarasis

tarasis Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2011
    It's for Multiplayer/syncing certain things to their server

17. lilgac

lilgac Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2013
    Playing the decoy mission. Loading time and sluggish pause after GS turn still there for me. Ipd4 and ios6. Can be quite frustrating at times at the sluggish
    Really do not wish to play 1-2 mission then refresh ipad every time..

18. biokid

biokid Well-Known Member

Jul 11, 2013
    Wop Wops
    The loading time is horrible for me. After the update, (during the later levels) there is quite a long pause before every genestealers turn for about 25-40 seconds. Then when they switch between different groups of genestealers (blips/ from different entry points), sometimes there is a slight/ sluggish pause with a bit of lag. Ipad 4 32gb and IOS 6.1.3. No other app running in the background and have already try restarting the game with no improvement.

Note: this is during Mission 6: Alarm Call

19. oooooomonkey

Jan 15, 2011
    Forge World
    Hmmm I'm iPad 4 16gig iOS 7.0.4 and I don't have any pause at all since the update, before the update there was between 1-5 sconces delay but now they take there turn as soon as I press end turn. (Nothing in multitask bar)
    Same with switching from genestealers back to me, no pause.
    And the terminators models look better graphically.

20. Pitta

Pitta Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2008
    Male
    Italy
    Wierd...seems what I had BEFORE the patch.
    And I know because I did that mission yesterday, going back and forth from the app while playing Space Hulk and taking my turns in various async games (Drive on Moscow, Lords of Waterdeep, etc....no small apps).
    Sometimes the game reloaded too (meaning it was purged from memory)...but it was always smooth silk (iPad Air iOS 7 latest).

Sorry to hear that.