iPhone Space Hulk - (by Full Control Studios)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Dec 4, 2013.

1. Pocketnova

Pocketnova Well-Known Member

Oct 15, 2012
    So, how's the preformence on an iPad mini first gen? I completely understand why, but it still is a pity that only a few devices have the shoulder cam, though it looks amazing either way, I'm just a bit worried about preformence.

2. Pitta

Pitta Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2008
    Male
    Italy
    Wow.

Dieing has never been so fun.

This is pure, elegant, unadultered old school turn based gameplay; having a total blast.

So far the maps and objectives are close to perfection....every corridor and junction sadistically placed.
    One bad move, one weapon jammed in the wrong moment....and bam, all squad is dead.
    I love it.
    The fantastic sounds compensate some graphical quirks (namely clipping and the not so good blood splatter) but the game is overall very nice and oozes atmosphere.

So far it took me about 30 minutes per mission, but I'm seeing the maps getting pretty huge already.

Tried a bit multiplayer using the aliens....I can see myself playing this for a looooong time.
    An iPhone version with proper notifications (btw...it's well hidden but the game actually support gamecenter and there are a lot of achivements), a 'bring me to the next online game where is my turn' button (tapping on the turn notification would do) and possibly Gamecenter friends invite...and my life would be ruined.
    There must be a ton of people hammering their servers tonight...because I got a ton of servers errors (the game always saves tough and it's fast to reconnect).
    I've noticed also some sort of cloud save support.

I must say I'm surprised after bad initial PC impression and reading PC reviews but so far it's awesome.
    If you liked the original boardgame it is a must have.

Now...about those malfunctioning teleport beams.....

3. oooooomonkey

oooooomonkey Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2011
    Forge World
    I can safely say that after a couple of games you don't even notice the shoulder cam anyway. It's to small to see what's happening and if anything exciting happens it switches to cinematic cam.

I've replayed the suicide mission 4 times now and becuase of random dice rolls making your gun jam and things it makes the mission really different each time.
    Trying to edge forward through the bigger levels is tense, you know you should only go slowly and keep enough AP for over watch but you get that one time where you think it looks safe and risk moving a. Extra couple of spaces instead of over watch and Boom! Out spring some genestealers ready to pounce.

Bring on the new marine chapters, some stats, and a random skirmish match type would make this endlessly replay able.

Got time for another level or two before bed..

4. Farmer Harv

Farmer Harv Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2009
    Same problem here on a retina mini. Have four saves, but none of them will load. :( I guess in the future I'll have to set aside enough time to play through a mission fully.

Is there a support link from within the game? Or do we go to their website to report bugs like this?

5. CaptLudd

CaptLudd Well-Known Member

May 1, 2013
    It is crashing alot on my mini 1st gen. Plan to ask for refund as soon as my invoice shows up.

6. iPadisGreat

iPadisGreat Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    Does the developer post here at Touch Arcade forums? I was wondering if there were plans to add Genestealer single player?

iPadstillHasNotPlayedSpaceHulkWaitingForTheWeekend...

7. Lickzy

Lickzy Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Oct 28, 2013
    Director of Sales
    Winnipeg, MB, Canada
    How Big is this Pig?

I downloaded and installed this game yesterday and it's currently sucking up 3.4 GBs of space. I went to download the update today and it says I do not have enough space... I currently have 3.3 GB's available....

Does anyone know how much space I need to have this bad boy on my iPad?

Please advise, thanks.

8. iPadisGreat

iPadisGreat Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    I think you add the download file's size to the installed file size plus a couple of MBs for overhead. It might be easier for you to just delete Space Hulk off your iPad and reinstall...

9. Lickzy

Lickzy Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Oct 28, 2013
    Director of Sales
    Winnipeg, MB, Canada
    Done.

I hope you're right. I have a terrible connection so this will take hours to download. I'd hate to do this a third time.

10. Zenfar

Zenfar Well-Known Member

Aug 2, 2010
    Male
    Developer
    http://www.zenfar.com
    Better use of 3.4 GB than a movie #

11. Kotovsky

Kotovsky Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2012
    What's the point of skin packs? Are they mixed after buying and add to diversity or you just change the look of aliens from one to another?

12. Amenbrother

Amenbrother Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2011
    Anyone else having long loading times on Sin of damnation suicide mission? First time I have noticed it really.

13. Farmer Harv

Farmer Harv Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2009
    Not so much long loading times for me, but the Genestealer's turn takes forever. Or a reasonable facsimile of forever anyways.

14. Amenbrother

Amenbrother Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2011
    That's what I mean actually, it sucks because u just sit there like uhhhhhh.

15. september

september Well-Known Member

Sep 14, 2012
    I know it's probably an AI issue with objectives and such, but I would have liked to have played the Genestealers outside of multiplayer.

16. Ajso

Ajso Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2011
    Community Manager at Full Control Ap
    Copenhagen, Denmark
    Well simply there if you want to change to look of the Genestealers ingame

17. Ajso

Ajso Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2011
    Copenhagen, Denmark
    Yeah, creating an AI for terminators is too big a task and would need to be fine tune for every mission more or less.

18. Ajso

Ajso Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2011
    Copenhagen, Denmark
    No, it's randomzied although in some missions some genestealers are already present on the level and will always be in that spot.

19. Ajso

Ajso Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2011
    Copenhagen, Denmark
    Haven't noticed...must be a mistake if it's there...can't see anywhere else that it's for iphone.

We have played around with it on an iphone 5...and got it working but we'd need to comepleltely redo the interface and I don't know how many devices can handle the game. *not a programer*

It's possible that it may come to the iphone...if we think we can make it work in a good way and if the ipad does well

20. Larni

Larni Well-Known Member

Apr 18, 2013
    I did but then I closed everything else, did a reboot and it worked fine.

Ipad Air, ios 7. most recent.