TA Police

Discussion in 'Site Feedback and News' started by DHrox, Apr 21, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
?

Should there be a TA police force?

1. Yes

46.4%
  2. No

53.6%
  1. DHrox

DHrox Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2009
    College Student
    Baltimore, MD
    Alright, it's split down the middle. Where are the yes people?

2. Vester

Vester Well-Known Member

i belive this thread was not meant to be serious >:l

3. Ravenblack

Ravenblack Well-Known Member

Feb 24, 2009
    Singapore
    No. I still think you might as well suggest arn make a few more official mods.

4. DHrox

DHrox Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2009
    College Student
    Baltimore, MD
    Actually, if you read one of my other posts this would be a quiet thing to silence the distractions. It would be a mod to officer thing.

5. DHrox

DHrox Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2009
    College Student
    Baltimore, MD
    Let's just lock the thread. Everyone says it's a bad idea. More mods will solve all are problems, but in reality a higher number of officials simply undermines power.

6. HJJ

HJJ Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2008
    I have no idea what you're talking about. A higher number of officials undermines whose power?

7. DHrox

DHrox Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2009
    College Student
    Baltimore, MD
    It undermines the authority of the mods. I understand that more mods can keep the forums in check, but there has to be a chain of command. Having more mods simply turns them into the police that you don't want. Unless of course you think the mods are the only police needed.

8. DHrox

DHrox Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2009
    College Student
    Baltimore, MD
    #28 DHrox, Apr 21, 2009
    Last edited: Apr 21, 2009
    Oh god it's at 50/50 again. I need a beer.

9. Kamazar

Kamazar Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2008
    If we seriously need a group of undercover mini-mods, we're really doin' something wrong :confused:

10. HJJ

HJJ Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2008
    In a word, yes.

The current mods are doing fine. If people would just mind their own business - joining conversations they are interested in and ignoring the other ones - things would run much more smoothly. But instead, we have this unofficial, amateur police force that insists on injecting their rude, snide and inflammatory comments into every thread they don't like.

Take that "avenger" kid that was just banned tonight. I was following a thread that people were actually responding to, maturely and cordially, when all of a sudden, in come the militia with their insults and off topic comments. They couldn't just leave it alone to either die off naturally or get bumped to the second page due to disinterest. THIS causes more work for the mods.

If people would just mind their own business and report actual offenses, the mods could do their jobs. And by ignoring posts that are out of place, redundant or generally of disinterest, they will go away all on their own. This forum doesn't need MORE moderation. It needs some of these ultra militant members to relax.

11. DaveMc99

DaveMc99 Well-Known Member

Mar 1, 2009
    Seattle, WA USA
    All the yes votes could help by PMing people that don't follow arn's options and tell them to stop it.

Offtopic discussion and Corrections
    There's been an ever greater rash of people posting just to correct people who have posted multiple threads or duplicate threads or if you think a thread is useless.

There are a few options.

1. If it's a duplicate thread or similar, you can kindly add a link to the other thread.

2. If someone has already added a link to the other thread. Simply move on. Don't post "I agree" or prolong the discussion

3. If it's just a really bad post, just report it, but don't reply to it.

These side conversations that emerge are cluttering things up as much as the off-topic or otherwise "bad" posts.

thanks
    arn

12. Vester

Vester Well-Known Member

yea, i learned 12 mins ago this was a serious thread and im with HJJ now, we dont need dat crapola >:l

13. DHrox

DHrox Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2009
    College Student
    Baltimore, MD
    That's why I said lock the thread.

14. Vester

Vester Well-Known Member

not meenin to dis >:l

15. s0mah

s0mah Well-Known Member

Dec 25, 2008
    failing PHY tests
    little town of bethlehem
    +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++!!!!!!!!!11111111!!11111111++!+!+!

imo, I dont think regular policing is going FAR enough. Instead of deputies, how about SECRET POLICE with SECRET POLICE type powers? Like enough power to drop dox on violators and then go to them IRL and throw them in a goddamned gulag.

Or dude, THOUGHT POLICE. Like get a bunch of dudes that just scan emails all day, and if someone mentions ipa transfers, or like something offensive, then BAM BAM BAM, off to the Ministry of Love for reprogramming.

16. The Game Reaper

The Game Reaper Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2008
    The Emerald Isle
    LOL. TA Police? What, you see someone spamming and call 911??
    I'm a secret police officer and I'll take you out with my BAN-O-GUN!!

Grow up a little.

17. yourofl10

yourofl10 Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2008
    Stangest thing happned last night.....I dreamed I was a TA mod.....And in my dream it was fun.....and cool :cool:

I wish I Could be one lol...

18. Eli

Eli ᕕ┌◕ᗜ◕┐ᕗ
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

19. The Game Reaper

The Game Reaper Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2008
    The Emerald Isle
    Big Brother is watching you...