Universal Temple Run (by Imangi Studios)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by ImNoSuperMan, Aug 3, 2011.

1. mommagamehouse

mommagamehouse Well-Known Member

Feb 24, 2009
    CEO
    india
    I really like this game a lot. Game character and environment reminds me uncharted 2 alot. Overall game is too good

2. DagsJT

DagsJT Well-Known Member

Feb 7, 2010
    Great game, definitely has that "one more go" feeling to it and has gone down a storm in the office with two purchases likely to be made tonight.

We all seem to have noticed the same thing as others have mentioned in here though, some swipes to the left and right are being picked up as jumps. It's not often but enough to really annoy you when you're in the middle of a good run and he jumps off the course instead of turning.

3. Rangerlump

Rangerlump Well-Known Member

Jan 20, 2010
    Need Ipad version naow!

4. flameon

flameon Well-Known Member

Jul 26, 2011
    it reminds me of when you're in shambala toward the end and you have to escape the valley. with everything collapsing and stuff. :) DRAAAAAAAKE.

5. cabdog

cabdog Well-Known Member

Mar 14, 2011
    Needs more POWER-UPs

Great game. It seems that the only type of power-up is the ability to be invisible. There are other power-ups, but all they do is help to increase your coin quantity.
    It would be cool to have different power ups; ie. maybe one that puts the character on cruise control or slows down the environment or something. Something different than just ways to gather coins.

6. Tortimer

Tortimer Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2011
    Seaside, Oregon
    This is my favorite running game and my favorite overall game I have played in while. I love it!! I liked it so much I bought and gift Temple Run to my friend. I play on both my iphone and ipad. The leaderboard keeps my high score from either iphone or ipad 2 but of coarse I have to purchase upgrades on both. I would like a ipad version but that usually means the high scores are not combined with iphone/ipod. The only problem I'm having with the ipad is just my fat fingers hitting the 2x and changing it to 1x which usually causes me to die. Great job and keep the updates coming.

7. h9lz444

h9lz444 Member

Nov 11, 2010
    woud love to see a content update with more themes for the levels, or just some new traps or something ;)

8. ArtNJ

ArtNJ Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2009
    New Jersey
    Not very good, best is 4200 ft, 500k, and I dont normally do near that. But I am still convinced that the random situations where you have to jump and immediately jump are a little unfair. I think I have yet to survive one. I could probably train myself to handle them if they were regular, but you can go whole games without getting them, and they come at seemingly random distances.

9. the9quad

the9quad Well-Known Member

Apr 27, 2011
    Just got my best yet of 5214 and 622,296. Man this game is a blast. Playing on a ipad2, hoping for a ipad version soon.

10. triggywiggy

triggywiggy Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2010
    Freelance writer, Student, Casually employed in re
    Perth, Western Australia
    Now try and do 4 mil :p

11. Tortimer

Tortimer Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2011
    Seaside, Oregon
    I just bought today and I'm not very good yet. My best is 411,000 but hoping to get better.

12. the9quad

the9quad Well-Known Member

Apr 27, 2011
    Im gonna get it this week I just got a million and half, but i still need one more achievement- the 10k runner one.

13. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    I know I'm a little late to the party... but I just got this... =oP

Really wasn't sure if I wanted it or not, but then won a .99 app of my choice and decided to get this one...

And I'm really kicking myself for not getting it sooner. It's a great endless runner, with loads of potential! I can't wait to see what the devs decide to add to the game with updates! I've read though most of the posts here and think there's loads of great ideas.

14. iVaro

iVaro Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2009
    No news on the update?

15. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    #135 awp69, Aug 31, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 31, 2011
    Yes, even I hesitated at first at the idea of picking up yet another endless runner, but I'm really enjoying this one. There are occassionally what seem like bugs where randomized jumps are too close together making it impossible, but generally it's a pretty awesome game.

By the way synth, off the subject, where's your "games I hate thread" (or whatever PC name you decide to give it). I was looking forward to that!

16. kshep

kshep Well-Known Member
    Patreon Indie

Sep 15, 2008
    We're hard at work on the next update, so never fear!

By popular demand, one of the things we're adding is an unlockable female character to run with!

Check her out:

[​IMG]

Any thoughts on what we should name her?

-Keith

17. barryweiser

barryweiser Well-Known Member

Mar 24, 2011
    Evey, Evie...not really sure how to spell it. The hot chick from "The Mummy".

18. barryweiser

barryweiser Well-Known Member

Mar 24, 2011
    What are some of the other things that the update will include. Hopefully some more unlockables? Perhaps some new landscapes?

19. Grubjelly

Grubjelly Well-Known Member

Jun 19, 2009
    #139 Grubjelly, Aug 31, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 31, 2011

Jessica, Adrianne, Tara, Scarlet, Sandra, Tina, Lola - just to list a few fitting names.

edit:
    Also, in my opinion, the calves on that character model look too small, even if you're intentionally striving for a low BMI look.

20. nattylux

nattylux Well-Known Member

Sep 17, 2008
    Washington, DC
    Ok, we need your help! You know those funny end game pictures we have for Red, the current character? Kiril made new ones for the new character. But! We need captions!

If you can give us some great captions for the pictures below, we'll give you a promo code to the game for any captions we do end up using. If you already have the game, we'll give you our undying gratitude instead, or a promo code to give away to whoever you want - your choice. I'd take the code - undying gratitude only gets you so far in life.

Ideally, the captions need to be under 30 characters. So masters of brevity and wit, this is for you :)

We'll run the contest through Labor Day weekend, so until the end of Monday.

[​IMG]