Universal Tennis Champs : Returns! Coming soon

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Uprising Elton, Dec 9, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jpgold

jpgold Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2012
    Online Ad Sales - Pandora
    New York, NY
    If that's they case, add the US

2. Uprising Elton

Uprising Elton Well-Known Member

Oct 6, 2009
    Ha! I can't really add the one place a good launch synched up with any reviews and PR is absolutely essential :) I would put it out everywhere if it wouldn't compromise its chances :(

3. jpgold

jpgold Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2012
    Online Ad Sales - Pandora
    New York, NY
    I know. Wishful thinking

4. djstout

djstout Well-Known Member

Jul 21, 2011
    Sportscaster & football (soccer) coach
    Taiwan & Japan
    Is it normal that since I updated to 1.1 the game became just too difficult? I was doing great before the update but now it seems like the game became too difficult. Even 1.5 star players are too hard to beat... So weird. By the way please do something about that button, make the press zone bigger

5. djstout

Jul 21, 2011
    Taiwan & Japan
    One more thing, I think it would be very nice to make the computer do more unforced errors (hitting the net or outs) as its sometimes too arcade to my point of view. Lower players should make more mistakes than higher ones. Right now (in 1.1) even not so good players hit the ball really hard and precise.

6. Uprising Elton

Oct 6, 2009
    #206 Uprising Elton, Feb 12, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 12, 2016
    Will look at that. I tended to prefer the AI hitting the ball softer and high rather that out if you give them a shot they can't handle. Gives you a winner / smash oppertunity which is satisfying. But I can definitely introduce more erratic aiming if they have a trickier shot too. Would be a bit more realistic.

Nothing too big changed AI wise.
    I closed an AI weakness to returns down the line (I can say this now, they were very vunerable to it before!), and also fixed that the CPU rarely hit top spin at you.
    This is probably why they seem to hit a bit harder actually. See how it goes once you adapt. I'm just having an epic semi final vs Mac and took the 1st set, so it's not *that* hard :)

7. atchoo

atchoo Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Oct 20, 2015
    Bassano del Grappa
    Aaaah! Thanks, thanks and thanks! :)
    Now playing...

8. djstout

Jul 21, 2011
    Taiwan & Japan
    I lowered the speed of the game to make it more playable (90%) and it's now much better. The A.I. gets to the ball very easily while for us the tiniest mistake makes and it's over. But don't get me wrong, it's still really good, I just woke up in the middle of the night and started playing just for a short while ^^

9. djstout

Jul 21, 2011
    Taiwan & Japan
    I also think one or two unforced errors in a game for the A.I. would make the game more realistic. Doesn't need to me that often, just once in a while as it also happens to us if we don't hit the ball well.

10. Uprising Elton

Oct 6, 2009
    Cool. All good feedback! Plenty of updates to come so keep the suggestions flowing!

I just took out Mac! 6-2, 3-6, 6-3 ! A scotsman called Drew (renamed in 1.1) in the US Champs final now..

11. Uprising Elton

Oct 6, 2009
  12. Uprising Elton

Oct 6, 2009
  13. Jayg2015

Jayg2015 Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2015
    Male
    Player 1
    Liberty city
    Did this game really soft launch and not release. Frustration continues

14. djstout

Jul 21, 2011
    Taiwan & Japan
    Could be nice to have the option to play double with the a.i. Maybe the better you are the better players you can play with are. I would also suggest you to add a few nationalities as I am sure it will only makes those people from those added countries happy. Hongkong, Taiwan, Philippines and Korea (is Korea already there?) would be great for Asia. And finally more hairstyle or maybe glasses (sunglasses). Bold with a beard, long hair with a beard like a hippy :D Pony tail, samurai hairstyle and why not Iroquois or even punk (pink or green hair as it's very 80's)

15. djstout

Jul 21, 2011
    Taiwan & Japan
    Oh I nearly forgot, you could add the chairs for the players next to the umpire. And maybe ball boys/girls next to the net or behind. One and two hands backhands and the possibility to be right or left handed ^^ sorry that's a lot of things to add. Oh and the Davis Cup (play for your country) would be super awesome!!!!!

16. Mr. Charley

Mr. Charley Well-Known Member

Sep 6, 2008
    You could add the ball boy's actualy running to pick up the balls after a point or when it hits the net...

17. Uprising Elton

Oct 6, 2009
    Can already be a lefty :) there's a button on the portrait box on the customise screen. Pink and green are in the unlockable hair colours too :)

More hair / clothes take a bit longer to do but pleae keep suggesting stuff!

Improved Court dressing and animating the ball boy is all planned.

18. Mikiesque

Mikiesque Well-Known Member

Dec 7, 2013
    I would have to with you mate. The difficulty is certainly up the notch from v1.0 especially with lower players.

19. Uprising Elton

Oct 6, 2009
    Will stick an update in tomorrow to tune it back a bit in the other direction a touch. I'll reduce the pace of a well struck top spin for the ai players, linked to their abilities.

20. djstout

Jul 21, 2011
    Taiwan & Japan
    Yeah those lower ranked players are too good, they barley make any error and hit the ball really hard. The difference between a good player and a bad player isn't big anymore.