Universal Tennis Champs : Returns! Coming soon

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Uprising Elton, Dec 9, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. atchoo

atchoo Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Oct 20, 2015
    Bassano del Grappa
    This game is great. :)

My Gamevice works fine. :)
    Maybe it could be better Y + dpad up for drop shot when you are in the upper side.
    When I serve if I press B the aim appears but I can't hit the ball.
    I only played quick matches (2 x Julius vs. Julius and 1 x Julius vs. Mac) and I won all of them: is Julius so good? Is it possible MFi controls bring the game on an easier side?

2. Mikiesque

Mikiesque Well-Known Member

Dec 7, 2013
    Yeah that sounds awesome. Right now (ie 1.1) every match feels like playing top players so making it a bit more in tune with the player rating will be fantastic. But no major tuning required as far as I can tell.

3. djstout

djstout Well-Known Member

Jul 21, 2011
    Sportscaster & football (soccer) coach
    Taiwan & Japan
    Very good idea.

4. djstout

Jul 21, 2011
    Taiwan & Japan
    By the way why isn't the game on the other thread?

5. Uprising Elton

Uprising Elton Well-Known Member

Oct 6, 2009
    #225 Uprising Elton, Feb 12, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 12, 2016
    Thanks! Will check the B button serve code. I'm sure it is a bit easier with a proper controller. And Julius is pretty handy :)

6. Uprising Elton

Oct 6, 2009
    Bit surprised it's that noticeable a difference.. Didn't change any of the values except made the AI play a mix of top spin and flat when at the baseline. No power levels were tweaked at all.. Just that top spin is a faster shot making all the difference. Should be easily tuned though. Hang in there :) this is why we soft launch these days!! #

7. Mikiesque

Dec 7, 2013
    Mmm got to be careful how we come across. I guess lower players are a bit too agressive for their rating right now. They manage to hit percise strong shots near the line consistently which makes it a bit less believable vs. their rating.

Oh couple of mini bugs - stats are not recorded correctly - 1st serve % is 100% regardless of the actuals. Also errors seem to be 0 regardless of the misses. Doesn't impact the gameplay but when you get a moment look into it :)

8. Uprising Elton

Oct 6, 2009
    @ djstout

1 other effect changing things for you.. Can see from leaderboards..You've now won enough matches that it brings up the minimum AI level (reaction times only) for players. The don't hit harder, just play a bit better. Think thats combined with the top spin tweak to give you a bit of a jump!
    I'll make that logic work on titles won instead, so it only kicks in once your beating the best players regularly..

9. Uprising Elton

Oct 6, 2009
    Thanks. Will fix those!

10. atchoo

atchoo Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Oct 20, 2015
    Bassano del Grappa
    #230 atchoo, Feb 12, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 12, 2016
    "Errors" works here, "Double faults" doesn't work.

Errors = Unforced errors, not misses
    If I'm not wrong. :)

11. Mikiesque

Dec 7, 2013
    Hey Elton have you thought about introducing players diving for the ball?

12. Mikiesque

Dec 7, 2013
    I'm probably in the same boat as djstout - you just can't see my stats as I've got GameCentre bug so can't log in.

13. atchoo

atchoo Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Oct 20, 2015
    Bassano del Grappa
    I have to say MFi controls work pretty well, but:
    - you can't do every kind of shot at the moment;
    - touch controls are great, swiping is more satisfying than just pressing a button.
    Obviously real stick (or d-pad) is better than virtual one.
    So I'm playing with real stick and touch buttons. :D
    When I'm serving I use virtual stick, though, because I love kick. :)

14. Mr. Charley

Mr. Charley Well-Known Member

Sep 6, 2008
    Any chance it can say "championship point" when you are on the last point of the tournament rather than just match point?

Also, any chance to have an announcer saying the score between points?

And lastly (for now :) ), different crowd volume levels? Bigger crowds and louder crowds when playing in big tournaments/majors vs quieter and smaller crowds in the smaller tournaments?

15. djstout

Jul 21, 2011
    Taiwan & Japan
    Also small court (talking about stadium) with maybe trees or something like that behind. Could also add the score board which would be lovely.

16. djstout

Jul 21, 2011
    Taiwan & Japan
    TA please add this games to the iPhone/iPad games thread as it is already out in certain countries.

17. Jayg2015

Jayg2015 Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2015
    Male
    Player 1
    Liberty city
    How can I convince you to beta release this so hardcore fans that have been here since day one waiting and posting every week on its release can give it a test

18. djstout

Jul 21, 2011
    Taiwan & Japan
    I've been playing a lot today but it became too difficult and frustrating to even beat a half a star player. I think I might stop playing until the next update because I am losing all my games one after another, those players hit too hard and they get crazy shots with crazy angles. The only way I can beat them is get aces after aces, that really saves me but it's still not enough.

19. Mikiesque

Dec 7, 2013
    I found that using strategies that I'd normally use against best rated players work here (eg slice on their serve and then play slices/flats until I can regain control) but I would not expect to have to play like that against low rated players.

V1.0 was nearly perfect balance. Very very tough against better rated players but you could cruise against half star rated players.

Am all for a tough challengeas long as it's 'believable'.

20. Mikiesque

Dec 7, 2013
    Why not create a dummy account in any of the countries that have it soft launched? You could have game on your phone in minutes.