Universal Tennis Champs : Returns! Coming soon

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Uprising Elton, Dec 9, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. der we

der we Active Member

Jan 11, 2015
    Male
    Hello Elton, thank you for the news, we all Hope that the Game will be soon released

2. Boardumb

Boardumb Administrator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

Apr 14, 2009
    THE BOSS
    Sacramento, CA
    Hello!

Elton, sorry but your email got sent to spam. If I hadn't read this thread I never would have checked for it. Agree with you guys this game looks awesome, it wasn't intentional that we hadn't posted anything about it. So good job guys keeping this thread bumped, I'm glad I checked it :)

Anyways, all aboard the hype train: http://toucharcade.com/2016/02/08/tennis-champs-returns-trailer/

3. atchoo

atchoo Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Oct 20, 2015
    Bassano del Grappa
    Oh, great! :)

4. Mikiesque

Mikiesque Well-Known Member

Dec 7, 2013
    Great work Boardumb!!! Thank you!!!

5. spidermickey

spidermickey Member

Jan 29, 2016
    read it has been submitted to apple. awesome! cant wait

6. Uprising Elton

Uprising Elton Well-Known Member

Oct 6, 2009
    #126 Uprising Elton, Feb 9, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 9, 2016
    Hey, great to see the article ��

Not read my email this morning, so appologies if you've already done this.. But could you maybe drop me a mail back with how to avoid getting thrown in the spam in future? Is there a different address I should use? :)

Really appreciate the mention, its made my day to get a bit of press!

7. ac166

ac166 Well-Known Member

May 15, 2014
    4 player mode would be amazing on apple tv...? :)

8. Uprising Elton

Oct 6, 2009
    It's a possibility.. but will require quite abit of development effort. So there's a bit of dependency for the initial release doing well enough. Online 2 player is the initial priority for multiplayer. Controller support is on the way, so local multiplayer should follow that.

Also looking at a gesture based control scheme with AI movements, for those who aren't able to play a hardcore game. Wanted to do justice to the original before I looked at that. Unless I get anything from Apple along the lines of "if it was more casual friendly, we'd feature it", that will wait until a bit nearer the summer.

9. Mr. Charley

Mr. Charley Well-Known Member

Sep 6, 2008
    Any chance this game will have icloud sync to continue play on multiple devices?

10. Uprising Elton

Oct 6, 2009
    Not initially. I've tried to keep everything in 1 big save file to make it easier to do. Will look into squeezing it into 1st update.. (just synching some of the persistent data I need to do carefully)

11. Mr. Charley

Sep 6, 2008
    Thanks for at least considering. Either way, cannot wait for this release but I love being able to continue games when I'm on the go as well as at home.

12. H4nd0fg0d

H4nd0fg0d Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2010
    Hoping for release this week. Rlly want this. Bought SSC'14 premium to whet my whistle. Only wish there was an option to zoom in a bit.

13. Uprising Elton

Oct 6, 2009
    Cheers for the support! Will have some better view options (zoom, possibly horizontal play) on SSC'16, work on which will resume very shortly, as the 1st main update for Tennis Champs is almost done.

14. Mr. Charley

Sep 6, 2008
    Not to derail this thread as this tennis game is the game I am most looking forward to in a long long time but any timeline for SSC'16 :)

15. Uprising Elton

Oct 6, 2009
    I'd probably best not promise anything as I'll probably curse myself to miss whatever date I say :) Just watch this space!

16. Mr. Charley

Sep 6, 2008
    Smart man.
    I will most definitely keep an eye out.

Either way, are you planning on releasing Tennis Champs as soon as approved or waiting for a specific date?*

*correct answer is asap ;)

17. Uprising Elton

Oct 6, 2009
    All depends if there's any interest re: App Store featuring.. if there's any going, I may have to wait for a slot they offer.. in which case, I'll still release ASAP in a few territories as a soft launch and let you know where. I'm assuming that won't happen as the game's a bit too old school (don't tend to go for things with on screen d-pads) but can't rule it out :)

18. djstout

djstout Well-Known Member

Jul 21, 2011
    Sportscaster & football (soccer) coach
    Taiwan & Japan
    Japan or Taiwan please ^^ or a promo code so that I can purchase all the Iaps and write a review :D

19. atchoo

atchoo Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Oct 20, 2015
    Bassano del Grappa
    Italy, please. ;)

20. Mr. Charley

Sep 6, 2008
    Canada puhleazzzzzzze! :)