Universal Tentacles: Enter the Mind by Flashbulb Games

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by FlashbulbGames, Oct 7, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FlashbulbGames

Oct 5, 2016
    #1 FlashbulbGames, Oct 7, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 12, 2016
    Hi everyone!

Microsoft closed our studio Press Play back in March, but in June we started again with a new studio called Flashbulb Games. We have acquired the rights to our previously Microsoft-exclusive games and look forward to releasing them on iOS. The first one of these is Tentacles: Enter the Mind!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

You are invited into the mind of a mad professor for an all-you-can-eat eyeball buffet.

Dr. Phluff’s obsession with everything cute has driven him mad, and only you can save him. Tap your way through the layers of the professor’s amazingly twisted mind. Set in a captivating 3D world, odd monsters hide behind every corner. Explore the many creepy layers of Dr. Phluff’s mind from his Paranoia to his Super-Ego and beyond. Dispatch enemies, collect squishy eyeballs and secret eggs, gain powers and abilities, and compete against your friends.

Features:
    -TWICE the limbs of a regular endless runner
    -A professor with the head of a dolphin
    -Explore Guilt, Hysteria, Shame and Regret
    -Upgrade your powers and tentacles
    -Achievements, Leaderboards and Hats

We are going to Soft Launch on October 12 in Denmark, Norway, Sweden, Ireland and New Zealand. If you have an App Store account in any of those countries, I hope you'll join us :)

Attached Files:

2. Gwarmaxx

Gwarmaxx Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2010
    NCC 1701
    wow, what a surprise, i loved the old one back in the days, now can't wait for this one!

3. ramzarules

ramzarules Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2014
    Greece
    huh, tentacles: enter the dolphin was one of my first ios purchases :)

4. yankeeblue000

yankeeblue000 Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2016
    So cool I remember this game It was really fun Why don't you launch in the US store?

5. Jayg2015

Jayg2015 Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2015
    Male
    Player 1
    Liberty city
    Will it ever free in those soft launched countries

6. FlashbulbGames

Oct 5, 2016
    Hey guys!

So happy you all remember Enter the Dolphin. I think you're going to be pleased with this :)

@yankeeblue000 We will launch it in the US store as soon as we're done polishing it in Soft Launch. We want to be completely sure that there are no bugs in it first.

@Jayg2015 It will be free to play with optional in-app purchases both in soft launch and afterwards.

7. yankeeblue000

Aug 29, 2016
    Thank you I remember the 1st game being paid I could be mistaken It's too bad though I was hoping it would be premium

8. Wicked8146

Wicked8146 Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Nov 17, 2009
    Dinosaur hunter
    Los Angeles
    This game looks dope. Good luck on the soft launch.

9. dreadnok

dreadnok Well-Known Member

Jun 8, 2011
    I came here to kick ass and chew bubble gum I'm ou
    Is there iCloud saving? I want to get it from NZ now and continue playing when it hit the US later

10. JackDerp

JackDerp Well-Known Member

Dec 15, 2015
    So if this is a endless runner then does that mean it sorta rogue-like in that upgrades and progression wipe on death?

11. Naxoo

Naxoo New Member

Oct 10, 2016
    Great arts ! love how it look !

12. FlashbulbGames

Oct 5, 2016
    Hi guys!

The game is still not through Apple's review. Crossing our fingers that it will be ready for Thursday - if not, we will just release it as soon as it's through the review.

@dreadnok - We're cloud saving progress on our own servers but via Gamecenter login. If everything works the way it's supposed to, you will be able to keep your progress when moving from NZ to US builds.

@JackDerp - I think "sorta rogue-like" is about right. When you die, you lose your progress in the tier/layer of the mind you have reached and you lose all your buffs. You keep your upgrades and coins.

13. Groo Gadgets

Groo Gadgets Member

Feb 10, 2016
    Motion Graphic Artist
    Sydney, Australia
    Wow this looks fantastic! I didn't hear of the previous title but I will definitely check this one out!

14. FlashbulbGames

Oct 5, 2016
  15. extreme472000

extreme472000 Well-Known Member

May 25, 2012
    USA
    iCloud support so I don't lose my progress when us version is out?

16. FlashbulbGames

Oct 5, 2016
    @extreme472000 - We're using a backend service to cloud save progress so you shouldn't lose your progress when US version comes out. As long as you log in with Game Center.

17. yankeeblue000

Aug 29, 2016
    Will there be a premium version?

18. FlashbulbGames

Oct 5, 2016
    @yankeeblue000 - No the game will be free to play with in-app purchases. We do expect to release some Premium games soon, but they will not be Tentacles-related :)

19. yankeeblue000

Aug 29, 2016
    I was hoping there was a premium option for this game I don't really play to many f2p games but I remember liking the original one so I guess I can give this a shot You have to do what you have to do to try to make it in this finicky business, am I right? I hope it does well so you guys can invest in some quality premium games There's talent there so I know you can make it happen if given the financial freedom to do so. Thanks guys.

20. henrycupcake

henrycupcake Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2015