Universal The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth (by Nicalis, Inc.)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by ojtitus, Jan 11, 2017.

1. Bytebrain

Bytebrain Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2010
    Copenhagen, Denmark
    When using a keyboard, you don't use one finger, but three. One finger on A and D, and the middle finger resting on W, where it can travel down to S in an instant.

It's more effective than a controller for this kind of game, and especially in first person shooters, where in combination with a Mouse is unbeatable for speed and precision.

WASD is easily changed to whatever key combination that you wish in most, if not all, PC games.

2. Jayg2015

Jayg2015 Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2015
    Male
    Player 1
    Liberty city
    Will their every be a demo to try to buy

3. Repulsa

Repulsa Well-Known Member

Jul 3, 2015
    #503 Repulsa, Jan 18, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 18, 2017
    Just unlocked azazel and I have a feeling I am going to be getting a lot further from here on out, this dude is strong, he takes out most of the small bosses in around 3 hits. Yes the charged attack takes a little getting used to but He is definitly my favorite character especially awesome is the ability to fly through rock and across chasms

4. Intendro

Intendro Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2013
    #504 Intendro, Jan 18, 2017
    Right, that's what I thought.
    Seems weirder than just having my finger in the middle of a dpad or on an analog stick, and simply moving it in the direction I want to move.
    Quick, simple, intuitive.
    3 fingers for 4 directions feels strange to me. Moving one thumb in the direction I want to move feels less strange.
    I prefer a controller for movement.

Fortunately most games do not require being ultra precise with that, because I'm not that good. :p
    A controller is perfectly acceptable for games like this one.

I knew that. I just felt like commenting on the odd-looking default setup.

5. Price

Price Member

Jan 13, 2017
    using the arrow keys to shoot is pretty uncomfortable and awkward, I changed my shooting keys into my numpad (8,5,4,6) and its just as good as a controller.

6. drmad

drmad Well-Known Member

Jun 2, 2013
    Indonesia
    Dont hesitate bro...
    Just press the button already
    You wont regret it

If you want to look at gameplay videos you can check youtube

If you need impression checkout this thread

If you bought it and dont like it just refund it

7. Mr. Charley

Mr. Charley Well-Known Member

Sep 6, 2008
    I finally did tonight as well.
    Totally changes the gameplay.
    This game just keeps introducing so much, I can't keep up! :)

8. Price

Price Member

Jan 13, 2017
    #508 Price, Jan 18, 2017
    My strategy is to rush towards treasure rooms first (golden doors) then rush towards the boss room, you just usually don't have time to clear out all rooms. But if you have 15 or more coins, you can go to the shop as your 2nd priority.
    also, theres a way to skip rooms with enemies (without killing them all) if its deemed too difficult but it resets the enemies there when you go back (you cant do that on boss rooms).

9. Shkrbby

Shkrbby Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2015
    Thanks.

10. Bytebrain

Bytebrain Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2010
    Copenhagen, Denmark
    Actually, games like this demands as much precision and speed as possible, alas, I believe a keyboard would be the optimal controller for Binding of Isaac. But it's more than made up for, by being able to play the game when and where I want to on my iPad.

11. Talbs

Talbs Well-Known Member

May 1, 2011
    65 deaths, going strong without even having made it to mum yet. This game is both amazing and frustrating as ��

12. nkx

nkx Well-Known Member

May 9, 2015
    Stay positive I had similar runs as you and beat mom and her heart yesterday.

First win came with Lazarus and then magdeline for the heart.

13. Derprozess

Derprozess Well-Known Member

Aug 18, 2012
    Engineer
    #513 Derprozess, Jan 18, 2017
    BTEK EZVP - my seed for "leech" (It helped me unlocking the 5th ending and I think it's ideally for anyone who wants to accommodate with the game in a longer run, because of its healings)

I'm playing with Magdalene a lot too, in fact almost all I've unlocked so far was with her; its extra-heart and the fast-recovering healt help a lot when you play 40+ minutes a run

Thanks for the tip, I'm going to try this

14. jpgold

jpgold Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2012
    Online Ad Sales - Pandora
    New York, NY
    This game has completely taken over and can't stop playing. It is just incredible how much there is to unlock and discover.

Finally unlocked Samson. I definitely think he has been the hardest/most frustrating unlock to date. Also have Magdalene, Lazarus, Eve, and Azazel.

On to Cain....tips on getting 55+ coins?!? I'm assuming there is a pick up that helps with that?

15. jsrco

jsrco Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Oct 15, 2009
    Coordinator
    Seattle
    Petrified poop. It's a white piece of poop.

16. Mr. Charley

Sep 6, 2008
    I need to know if it's not a spoiler...what's with all the poop everywhere? lol
    I always shoot them hoping for a coin or whatever but other than that, any significance? :)

17. Price

Price Member

Jan 13, 2017
    Yes, the best pickup for that is an item that instantly gives you max coins.....and an item that when you destroy a rock, it drops coins

18. ItouchBrett

ItouchBrett Well-Known Member

Dec 28, 2008
    If you guys want a great starting run on the first floor pick Judas and enter this seed

QVBN4BXC

There is a red chest with 9 lives in it along with Stigmata. Don't forgot to pick up box o stuff after boss room with your one bomb and go back to the first room to your right and bomb the tinted rock for 2 soul hearts. What a great starting floor. Massive damage already. Did I mention book of belial is one of the best useable items?#

19. Derprozess

Derprozess Well-Known Member

Aug 18, 2012
    Engineer
    I was wondering the same; I take it as a joke, something like "well Isaac is in a really deep s***" #

20. Mr. Charley

Sep 6, 2008
    Yup that's pretty much all I got too lol