Universal The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth (by Nicalis, Inc.)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by ojtitus, Jan 11, 2017.

1. sweetdiss

sweetdiss Well-Known Member

Jun 15, 2009
    As a parent of an adorable three year old boy, the opening of this game made me really sad and scared for Isaac. And this is a videogame about piles of shit.

2. Intendro

Intendro Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2013
    #522 Intendro, Jan 18, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 18, 2017
    I don't think this game requires so much precision that you'd need to be able to switch between Left and Right absolutely instantly by having a finger on each one.
    (And Up/Down would be about the same as on a controller since you have to move your finger from one to the other anyway.)

I've played the PC version with a controller. A lot. :p

3. Ijipop

Ijipop Well-Known Member

Jul 25, 2012
    ?????????????????????????????????????#

4. Talbs

Talbs Well-Known Member

May 1, 2011
    #524 Talbs, Jan 18, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 18, 2017
    Double. See below.

5. Talbs

Talbs Well-Known Member

May 1, 2011
    I unlocked Cain (55 coins) by using Azazel, and I think I got petrified poop which ups the chance of poop dropping something. I think the chance goes to 50%. Using Azazel is good because he can fly and get to all the non reachable places which is often where loads of coins are. It's not guaranteed on any run but this combination makes it more likely.

6. jpgold

jpgold Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2012
    Online Ad Sales - Pandora
    New York, NY
    Thanks for that. So literally 2 runs after I posted I unlocked Cain using Magdalene. It was a really long run (died in the Womb) and just eventually got to 55 without any special pick ups. When you least expect it....

7. Shkrbby

Shkrbby Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2015
    Isn't that exactly what children are about?

8. Shkrbby

Shkrbby Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2015
    I've still to unlock any character. :/

9. ludka33

ludka33 Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2013
    Does that mean you don't like it, or....?

See here's my problem. I keep getting drawn back to this thread. Everyone is so in love with this game, but I find the "edge-yness" severely off putting. I couldn't continue GTAV long after a certain point. Not because the game was bad. It was excellent. It was just too gratuitous. Not edgy. Just gross and disturbing.

I want to try this game. I want to feel the same thrills you all do over the content and the gameplay. I want to try your seeds. I'm just worried that I'll get it and really like the gameplay and the crap-ton of pick-ups and unlockable characters, but find it ruined by the story and the gratuitous use of crap for crap's sake. That would be a major let down. GTAV still leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

So, I'm serious. As a parent of a small child who is disturbed by the story and put off by the poo... do you like the game anyway?

10. Repulsa

Repulsa Well-Known Member

Jul 3, 2015
    I am the mother of three small children and am very disturbed by the back story but love this game anyway

11. Gravity_Blast

Gravity_Blast New Member

Dec 20, 2016
    Super awesome seed alert:

GC1Q
    T4GN

It's got Daddy Long Legs, flying, better pills, all the evil-uppers, loads of HP upgrades. Awesome seed :)

12. ludka33

ludka33 Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2013
    Thank you!

13. houseofg

houseofg Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Oct 1, 2013
    I was going to rail against this generalization, but then up came the memory of my 5 year old failing to flush the toilet tonight. So, yeah....

14. oldman23

oldman23 Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2016
    I,am hooked but I suck at it. I fold under pressure I have been to level 5 once. I am old and my twitch factor is not as good as it used to be. The guys on YouTube make it look so easy hardly ever get hit. But I cannot stop playing

15. o0oJAKEo0o

o0oJAKEo0o Well-Known Member

May 23, 2012
    Full-Time Student
    KCMO
    If you can only afford to purchase the game once and have to decide between console and iOS. Chose iOS for sure! The game runs better, looks better, and just plays better all around. The controls are spot on. It's well worth the money. Best game on iOS in a long long time!

16. Price

Price Member

Jan 13, 2017
    [Tiny spoiler] The backstory was not real anyways (try to beat mom and watch the epilouge and unlock the other endings), but you should be feel bad about him........his life is so bad, he is imagining stuff (into something that is in the game now) to hide from reality.

17. Price

Price Member

Jan 13, 2017
    #537 Price, Jan 19, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 19, 2017
    Aside from the bible, the game was based on the game creator's dark childhood..........all the items are mostly stuff that he had in his childhood. The only reason i play the game is because I have the some connection to Isaac in a certain way.......which is imagining disturbing things to hide from problems (that the game is all about!!).
    Its not bad to express your dark past by creating a game.......w/c is not a major letdown at all.
    One last thing, Most monsters represents Isaac's fears and his "inner demons", they also resemble Isaac in appearance at least in a minor way...you can find a lot of symbolism in the game.

18. jsrco

jsrco Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Oct 15, 2009
    Coordinator
    Seattle
    Made it past mom and saw the two doors... and hit the chest on accident :( RAGE.

19. o0oJAKEo0o

o0oJAKEo0o Well-Known Member

May 23, 2012
    Full-Time Student
    KCMO
    You'll get again. :)

20. Killerluffy246

Killerluffy246 Well-Known Member

Feb 23, 2014
    Asia
    Is afterbirth coming soon ?