Universal The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth (by Nicalis, Inc.)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by ojtitus, Jan 11, 2017.

1. houseofg

houseofg Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Oct 1, 2013
    Yeah, I'm only playing him with my Nimbus now.

2. houseofg

Patreon Bronze

Oct 1, 2013
    I haven't even gotten past 3 in 21 runs :-(
    Will keep at it though!

3. Bytebrain

Bytebrain Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2010
    Copenhagen, Denmark
    In my opinion, the bombs and trinkets should be placed above the shooting controls, and the pills and cards on the left side of the iPad screen.
    Trinkets and bombs are most useful in combat.

4. stolenlogic

stolenlogic Active Member

Sep 25, 2013
    Okay, I really like this game and I never played it on PC or console. But using my nimbus controller, I enjoy it a ton. Now to the issue:
    I think I might be an idiot. I have made one (SINGLE) run that was victorious. In 63 of them...so tell me TouchArcade...am I an idiot? Or is it really that hard?

5. Bytebrain

Bytebrain Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2010
    Copenhagen, Denmark
    It really is that hard.. #

6. JRJulius

JRJulius Member

Oct 22, 2016
    For anyone on the fence about this: I picked up the original game on Steam on launch day and could never crack into it. I decided to give it another shot on iOS and am really enjoying it. I just beat mom for the first time last night and I've unlocked Azazel, Lazarus, and Magdalene. Still lots of content to unlock but I'm making progress!

Then, to see whether the game got "better" on iOS or if I've just gotten better at games, I booted up my dusty old PC and gave Isaac another shot. I honestly prefer the touch controls over the keyboard controls, although I've not tried it with a controller just yet. YMMV but I think they've done a tremendous job with the touch controls.

7. Price

Price Member

Jan 13, 2017
    I dont know if you can unlock the endings when you use a typed seed....sure the endings will still play but it will probably not unlocked in your menu to rewatch it.

8. gmattergames

gmattergames Well-Known Member

Mar 1, 2013
    Wish you could log seeds in game, perhaps there is a way and I missed it.

9. Doovy

Doovy Active Member

Nov 9, 2016
    Well I've already beaten Mom and Mom's Heart. Guess I've finished all this game has to offer and put it on the shelf.
    JK! I just know this game has heaps of stuff in it for me to find!

In regards to Azazel, I love him! Consistently get far with him :)

10. Repulsa

Repulsa Well-Known Member

Jul 3, 2015
    Just unlocked Cain and Eden in one run! I just happened to have the Bible with no clue that if you used it against moms heart it will kill her instantly lol I didn't even know what the Bible does I just hit it accidentally as the battle was getting going :p

11. phred

phred Well-Known Member

Mar 21, 2010
    This is exactly the same situation I was in. I actually went back to the PC game too, so I've been playing it on both platforms. Sort of wish autofire would come to the PC version.

12. phred

phred Well-Known Member

Mar 21, 2010
    Portrait mode: can the control buttons be spread apart a bit more?

They seem to be really close together, and it doesn't fit my fingers comfortably. I play on a 7plus.

Barring that, I hope they put in some kind of UI option so we can move the buttons ourselves.

13. o0oJAKEo0o

o0oJAKEo0o Well-Known Member

May 23, 2012
    Full-Time Student
    KCMO
    I have the game on Xbox One, Wii U, IPad mini and iPhone 6 Plus. My favorite to play in is my phone. I'm surprised people don't like the controls. They are much better than the consoles even with 2 actual sticks. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

14. phred

phred Well-Known Member

Mar 21, 2010
    I think the controls are fine. I usually play in landscape mode. I just feel the locations for the virtual joysticks in portrait mode could be a bit more spread apart. It might not be noticeable on a non-plus-sized phone.

15. nkx

nkx Well-Known Member

May 9, 2015
    What the difference with touch 1 & touch 2 controls?

16. Derprozess

Derprozess Well-Known Member

Aug 18, 2012
    Engineer
    Via @HelperMonkey, who himself found the info somewhere in these forums:
    One is analog movement, meaning you can move slowly or quickly by varying degrees of input. The other isn't :)

17. nkx

nkx Well-Known Member

May 9, 2015
    Thanks

18. spedav

spedav Active Member

May 24, 2011
    I have a Mad Catz CTRLi mifi controller and it randomly disconnects with this game. I've had it for a while now and rarely if ever had this problem before yet it happens every time I play Isaac after a few minutes. Only way to get it to reconnect is turn the controller off and close and relaunch Isaac.

Anyone else have a similar issue or any suggestions? I have tried new batteries and that's not the issue.

19. houseofg

Patreon Bronze

Oct 1, 2013
    This may not be terribly helpful, but no such issues with a Nimbus, so it may be specific to that device...?

20. Lickzy

Lickzy Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Oct 28, 2013
    Director of Sales
    Winnipeg, MB, Canada
    Simple solution... ditch the controller and play with the touch screen the way it was designed