Universal The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth (by Nicalis, Inc.)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by ojtitus, Jan 11, 2017.

1. Baron Cappuccino

Baron Cappuccino Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Aug 1, 2011
    Member-Owner Steampunk Cafe, LLC
    Plainfield, CT
    Just got this today. What a weird game. I love it-- an abandoned baby shooting down its nightmares with its tears in a basement covered in shit.

2. houseofg

houseofg Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Oct 1, 2013
    Probably the most concise summary I've seen to date. Well done!

3. Greatgoat

Greatgoat Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2013
    This game is really freaky, the music makes me sick, and the controls are very challenging i died a lot. Its really hard, i only got through the 3rd basement and died, many times.

4. Lickzy

Lickzy Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Oct 28, 2013
    Director of Sales
    Winnipeg, MB, Canada
    That was me... and I don't like dual stick shooters or rogue likes. Give it time...

I now roll to the final final boss on hard regularly though I can't beat him and I picked this up maybe a couple weeks ago.

Want a pointer? Try to unlock some different characters as they make the game a great deal easier in my opinion

5. Dankrio

Dankrio Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Jun 3, 2014
    I really really hate the enemy that is invulnerable until his head go up and then he shoots you.

Even worst on a room that has those invulnerable heads that keep shooting at you.

I got owned. Lol

6. Bytebrain

Bytebrain Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2010
    Copenhagen, Denmark
    That's not really helpful, and rather rude!
    Also, this game is, in fact, designed for controller and keyboard, then much later ported to iOS, and although the touch controls are okay, they are by no means perfect.

7. Bytebrain

Jul 24, 2010
    Copenhagen, Denmark
    I'm having the exact same problem with the SteelSeries Stratus XL, and it's because it needs a firmware update as its not compatible with iOS 10.
    My problem is that SteelSeries software for Windows won't recognize my device, and no help from the company, so I've given up on it.

I hope you have better luck.

8. Shkrbby

Shkrbby Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2015
    Congratulations to whoever bagged post 666.

9. Bytebrain

Jul 24, 2010
    Copenhagen, Denmark
    LOL! That's me.
    Now I wish I'd written something more sinister... #

10. Lickzy

Lickzy Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Oct 28, 2013
    Director of Sales
    Winnipeg, MB, Canada
    Rude? Now you're just being pig-headed and ignorant. The game was obviously developed for iOS with touch screen in Mind. I'm not sure where you get off saying comments like "by no means perfect" when they obviously work a lot better than your controller. :D

11. Intendro

Intendro Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2013
    #671 Intendro, Jan 27, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 27, 2017
    Except it was originally developed for controllers/keyboards.
    And clearly their controller losing connection is a bug, so you just come across as mocking.

So your argument of "just use the touch controls" doesn't really work when apparently it's supposed to have controller support... and non-touch buttons was even the original idea, which makes your argument work even less.

How well the touch controls work is irrelevant to the point of their controller not working.

12. Lickzy

Lickzy Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Oct 28, 2013
    Director of Sales
    Winnipeg, MB, Canada

Okay so I will say it again... use the touch screen. This iOS version was made with touch screen in mind and not a mandatory controller.

I've never been ATFL, tell me what it's like?

13. o0oJAKEo0o

o0oJAKEo0o Well-Known Member

May 23, 2012
    Full-Time Student
    KCMO
    I wouldn't have said it like he did but I too like this game far better on my phone with touch controls as opposed to console version with dual sticks. Maybe just spend more time getting used to it. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

14. oldman23

oldman23 Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2016
    I finally killed mom only after 200 deaths I know that's bad did with magdalene I seem to play best which her. I I hate the spiders.

15. kaelendiaz

kaelendiaz Member

Nov 21, 2016
    Everyone starts somewhere... good luck!

16. walmartpolice

walmartpolice Well-Known Member

May 12, 2012
    I knew it was only a matter of time before elitist butt heads tried defending the decent but ultimately less than desirable touch controls.

17. Lickzy

Lickzy Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Oct 28, 2013
    Director of Sales
    Winnipeg, MB, Canada
    So I bought this on PS4 after iOS to play the DLC and I prefer the touch screen to the PS4 controller....

18. Delusionaltool

Delusionaltool Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2009
    ohio
    There are 1000 of free guides online for issac rebirth do people not use google anymore?

19. Talbs

Talbs Well-Known Member

May 1, 2011
    This makes me cringe so bad. It's like a child trying to join in on a conversation that's unfortunately a bit too advanced for him.

Anyway. I've honestly got quite used to the controls. And that's where I think the major hang up is....just taking the time to get used to them. They may or may not be 100% comparable to controllers or keyboards, but really, it's what you make of them that counts. Isaac in my pocket with controls I'm now used to; I'll sign up to that.

20. o0oJAKEo0o

o0oJAKEo0o Well-Known Member

May 23, 2012
    Full-Time Student
    KCMO
    What's google?

They are ad ridden and clumsy. The app is easy to use and super convienient.