Universal The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth (by Nicalis, Inc.)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by ojtitus, Jan 11, 2017.

1. Alex DeLargest

Alex DeLargest Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2010
    Male
    USA/France
    Always gotta have somebody who makes me seem positively positive and very easily pleased.

metalcasket likes this.
  2. Wall Jump Games

Wall Jump Games Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2020
    Male
    Holy balls that’s expensive. Never dipped in on Isaac so it’s just the choice between this and PC.

3. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    LMAO, you two are the crème de la crème of positive negativity!

Transparency: I hope that initial comment isn’t taken the wrong way, but @Chq liking it would seem like he took it the way I intended. Don’t get me wrong, I love you all (though I do question why we need to see Chq’s tonsils sometimes)!

Back on topic: Has there ever been a case like this on the App Store before, where parts of an update seem to have come through, but the update isn’t live?!

Anotherkellydown likes this.
  4. Exile

Exile Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2009
    student
    usa
    #884 Exile, Jun 21, 2023
    Last edited: Jun 21, 2023
    Maybe the update got approved but the developer hasn’t made it live yet? The original app was closer to ~400MB now it’s listed as 2.8GB.

5. Ghostdog1

Ghostdog1 Well-Known Member

Jan 30, 2015
    I don‘t understand why so many people are raging (here and on Reddit) about the controls of the original BoI-Rebirth on ios. I managed to achieve just with touch controls everything on hard - except finishing with the character ‚The Lost‘. And I‘m really not good when i don‘t use a controller. It‘s like all Roguelikes - they are hard and you can‘t reach the end on every try. But you will become better with every run.
    I also think the high pricing for such a cult game is deserved. And it won‘t give crybabies the chance to whine and topple over the rating of the game - because you can only write reviews with apps you have installed.

sebgo, KaIN3erg and AltsKev like this.
  6. JackDerp

JackDerp Well-Known Member

Dec 15, 2015
    I beat mega satan with touch controls lol

AsgerJ likes this.
  7. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    Look, I’m all for parity in pricing, but you do have to remember that iOS comes with a huge caveat: Nothing lives forever. iOS updates may break the game, new screen types (notches, yada, yada) and sizes may come along and not be supported, or even something like Nicalis’ track record of not paying their developer fees staying in tact and the game being pulled at any time. Additionally, this is an app that wasn’t updated a single time in 6 years! If none of that matters to you and the convenience of playing BoI on your phone is reason enough to pay $40 for all the DLC (and $15 for the game itself), then by all means go for it, but it’s not unreasonable to see why some folks would have an issue with this kind of pricing on an otherwise very unreliable platform.

sebgo, tops2, Ghostdog1 and 8 others like this.
  8. JackDerp

JackDerp Well-Known Member

Dec 15, 2015
    The DLC is showing on the store. Is the update still not live yet?

9. Mauno

Mauno Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2010
    Male
    Look like it’s very soon

Attached Files:

solarnya likes this.
  10. anthony78

anthony78 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2015
    Everytime I see this thread bumped, I think the update is out.

And now I’ve done the same thing to torture the rest of you waiting!

sebgo likes this.
  11. AltsKev

AltsKev Well-Known Member

Nov 12, 2016
    Male
    Developer
    Honestly, with the poor support the game has since 6 years... i'm not sure to spend 49€... i was waiting for full screen since 4 years....

DeathProofNinjaX and Skall like this.
  12. DeathProofNinjaX

DeathProofNinjaX Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2018
    Male
    im in dilemma too after seeing the price. i could get a AAA game for that price. I mean i never bought the game but i guess game + all dlcs would defo cost me abt 60 bucks and thats a pass for me (for a mobile platform) for sure especially after poor support for the game. i definitely want to play this so bad after seeing the hype and i hope it has bundle offer at launch. else will wait until it goes for sale,eventually.

AltsKev likes this.
  13. solarnya

solarnya Well-Known Member

Jul 22, 2015
    Male
    Close to Tokyo, Japan
    Wierd, for me, full bundle is more expensive compared to buy 2 in 1 and single purchase.
    IMG_3821.jpeg

14. AltsKev

Nov 12, 2016
    Male
    Developer
    haha that's true :eek:

15. anthony78

anthony78 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2015
    Not planning on getting the DLC. I just want the full screen update. :)

sebgo and AltsKev like this.
  16. AltsKev

Nov 12, 2016
    Male
    Developer
    Same for me

17. elcrazy

elcrazy Well-Known Member

Sep 19, 2017
    It’s just too expensive. I am not one to shy away from pricing. I believe most iOS games are too inexpensive. But of course everyone expects free or $1.
    But @metalcasket said it best. There is too many variables in iOS gaming to pay that kind of price for a game on it. Not to mention they literally never updated the last one and don’t be fooled they won’t do this one either. It will drop and that’s that. It’s a great game. For me it’s had its day I believe.
    I’m also a physical copy guy when it comes to console. So at $70 iOS game I just don’t see it. Great game. One of the best indie games in years. But for me I think it’s priced too high.
    I hope those that pick it up enjoy it and get their moneys worth!!

Talbs, solarnya, AltsKev and 3 others like this.
  18. Ghostdog1

Ghostdog1 Well-Known Member

Jan 30, 2015
    Maybe the pre-shown pricing is a genius marketing move. And when going live it will all be half or less. And everyone would buy it, because we all would think it is a short time price-drop. Maybe….

solarnya likes this.
  19. PBSNellie

PBSNellie Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2013
    Southern CA
    The most expensive game I've ever bought is Hogwarts Legacy on Steam. And it's a massive game. I'm not sure I want to spend that much on a game that I can't even beat in the first level! I have BoI Rebirth and if I can ever get through that....

AltsKev likes this.
  20. Alex DeLargest

Alex DeLargest Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2010
    Male
    USA/France
    Also good to remember that in addition to not updating their games, Nicalis sucks in many other ways as well.

https://kotaku.com/inside-the-ghosting-racism-and-exploitation-at-game-p-1838068522

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/620272-playstation-vita/80219042