Universal The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth (by Nicalis, Inc.)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by ojtitus, Jan 11, 2017.

1. KaIN3erg

KaIN3erg New Member

Jan 10, 2018
    And… Nothing?

2. VirtualBoyFreak

VirtualBoyFreak Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    Not yet. I’m not surprised tho. We’ll see what comes first: the update or me deleting TBOI from my phone after several weeks having it installed just waiting for the update to come…

3. MarqueeK

MarqueeK Member

Oct 25, 2012
    So Tyrone was just streaming Repentence (not the iOS version) on Twitch showcasing coop mode features. There was a talk segment at the end of the stream with no mention of the iOS version. It now feels like the iOS release was something that was planned in an alternate universe and the beta testers are trolls

KaIN3erg likes this.
  4. PBSNellie

PBSNellie Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2013
    Southern CA
    I get tired of carrot dangling. I like it much better when we get surprise releases instead of all this build up to nothing.

KaIN3erg and Duke12 like this.
  5. AsgerJ

AsgerJ Well-Known Member

May 8, 2012
    To be fair, the beta was pretty broken to begin with. The updates came fast and furious. Every couple of days there was an update.
    In the end it all ran pretty great, but they really needed the testers for sure!

6. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    I know I’ve said my hypotheses have ended earlier in this thread, but the last one I had was something along the lines of “Why would the iOS version be released when you can get the complete version of Rebirth cheaper as part of Steam’s summer sale?”.

Sale has ended, still nothing to do with the iOS version, and frankly, I’m bored of it too. There’s so much quality on the App Store that has released this week alone, at a fraction of the price (looking at you, Bugsnax)…am I really in a hurry to pay $40 for Isaac? When it releases, it releases. I couldn’t care less when that happens at this point.

VirtualBoyFreak, Duke12 and PBSNellie like this.
  7. AsgerJ

AsgerJ Well-Known Member

May 8, 2012
    Yeah it’s not like we’re starved for new things to play; Bugsnax, OXENFREE II and Ridiculous Fishing EX on Arcade today. Really great stuff! :)

KaIN3erg and metalcasket like this.
  8. KaIN3erg

KaIN3erg New Member

Jan 10, 2018
    Abandoned... Silence again... Like 6 years ago...

9. Talbs

Talbs Well-Known Member

May 1, 2011
    So were they just trolling ios?

10. AsgerJ

AsgerJ Well-Known Member

May 8, 2012
    A lot of work for a trolling.

11. LasagneMan

LasagneMan Member

Sep 6, 2021
    Male
    I think some of you folks really need to calm down. Games get delayed for numerous reasons, sure it'd be better if they were open about any issues. They haven't been, oh well. Ultimately all they ever posted was that the game was almost ready for the update around 3 weeks ago, so no solid dates. Just relax, they've had beta testing and the like it's not some big troll it'll come out when it can.

AsgerJ likes this.
  12. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    I agree. This is why some devs don’t even give a release date as if it misses the date some fans will go crazy.

It’s out when it’s out ! I highly doubt the dev is trolling iOS users. There’ll be lots of different reasons why somethings delayed.

Plenty of other games to play in the meantime

AsgerJ likes this.
  13. Chq

Chq Well-Known Member

Jul 20, 2013
    I'm out because too impatient. :p

14. MarqueeK

MarqueeK Member

Oct 25, 2012
    Considering the app was submitted on June 19th I can only imagine that it was rejected by Apple like before but this time the loophole that was used to get it approved has closed. There’s no way the game can be changed in such a way that it will satisfy the conditions put out by Apple and therefore the update is stuck. It sort of makes sense why the IAP prices are out because the App Store catalog was partially updated, just not the app. And it’s consistent with why there would be radio silence because it’s not something within Nicalis’ control but at the same time don’t want to openly criticize Apple

15. VirtualBoyFreak

VirtualBoyFreak Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    If this is true, then TBoI is as dead as it was 6 years ago when it got approved through a loophole. It’s the same situation as when MAME was approved through a loophole of a free game and then got removed. It never got an update and IMO never will. Anyway, moving on and forgetting about TBoI on iOS.

KaIN3erg likes this.
  16. LasagneMan

LasagneMan Member

Sep 6, 2021
    Male
    Well hopefully this does prove all the naysayers wrong. Personally really hoping for a launch/update sale

17. Talbs

Talbs Well-Known Member

May 1, 2011
    :D Good luck to you. Prices have been loaded for over a month now. It’s a bargain already :eek:

18. Delusionaltool

Delusionaltool Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2009
    ohio
    Tyrone posted suggesting this is the week. Any day boys and girls!

AsgerJ likes this.
  19. MarqueeK

MarqueeK Member

Oct 25, 2012
    Not believing until I see it.
    “This iOS going to be a good week” does not directly reference Isaac or a release date. He might just be saying that it’s a good week for the iOS gaming scene in general