Universal The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth (by Nicalis, Inc.)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by ojtitus, Jan 11, 2017.

1. Mauno

Mauno Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2010
    Male
    I buy repentance
    Love the original game and play it often but now the controls are ugly.
    Don’t care about the screen ratio but why the stick doesn’t respond near the blacks bars ?
    I see on the option the « Touch Mode 2 » but can’t see the difference with « Touch Mode 1 » ?? Any idea ?
    And why the screen ratio is not the same between the game and the challenge ?

Attached Files:

2. VirtualBoyFreak

VirtualBoyFreak Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    From my post of the previous page: There’s two touch modes: mode 1 uses the right stick to shoot while you’re touching and when you stop touching it stops shooting; mode 2 leaves shooting active until you touch the right stick in another direction.

3. AsgerJ

AsgerJ Well-Known Member

May 8, 2012
    But doesn’t that make the setting “Aim lock” kinda redundant?

4. Delusionaltool

Delusionaltool Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2009
    ohio
    After playing more and more, there is no roguelike with this much content on a phone/ipad anywhere.

The screen may not be full but it is wider then the old rebirth. The aspect ratio does work and is fine i dont even mind it. The game works fine with a controller if the touch mode in this state does not work for you.

If they put the sticks in the black borders it would be much more easier and comfortable to play.

id also like floating sticks that go wherever your thumbs are placed.

i have requested Tyrone and Nicalis to check out this thread. Will see what happens!!

Persistence is key!

Ghostdog1 and nickhoola like this.
  5. VirtualBoyFreak

Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    Not really. Aim lock for me is to lock on an enemy which is on the side you’re shooting at. If an enemy appears on the opposite side, you have to shoot to that side for the aim lock to lock on it. If you’re not shooting, it won’t shoot automatically for you.

6. AsgerJ

AsgerJ Well-Known Member

May 8, 2012
    Here’s what Aim lock does: it keeps shooting in the direction you point at with the right stick, even after letting go. Nothing to do with locking on enemies. There is an item for that in the game, though.

7. VirtualBoyFreak

Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    Thanks for the heads up. Then I agree with you: aim lock and touch mode 2 are redundant…

AsgerJ likes this.
  8. Mauno

Mauno Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2010
    Male
    No, by my side, no difference between mode 1 and 2…
    The shooting active mode is the AIM option.

9. Ghostdog1

Ghostdog1 Well-Known Member

Jan 30, 2015
    I absolutely agree with everything. This game content is really worth every penny.

I play the game on an ipad air with a xbox controller. While playing I open on my mobile phone the website https://platinumgod.co.uk/all-items where you can find all items listed in the best way ever. I suggest everyone to use it so you can understand what the items really do and what synergies will happen. Best way to find items easy is to sort the items by color.

AsgerJ likes this.
  10. Delusionaltool

Sep 24, 2009
    ohio
    You want the best guide . There is an app nothing better. It has all dlc . Anything and everything you want to know or do. I paid for the add unlock its that good.

"Guide for Binding of Isaac" for iOS #BindingOfIsaac https://goo.gl/jjZHq0

nickhoola and AsgerJ like this.
  11. AsgerJ

AsgerJ Well-Known Member

May 8, 2012
    Its amazing! The camera search function is crazy. Not so much for mobile, maybe.

12. Delusionaltool

Sep 24, 2009
    ohio
    never messed with that option but that is awesome. So you can use it like a qrcode scan the item to find it.

Mainly use it for seeing what an item does so i dont ruin a run by grabbing something stupid like that dunce cap where all shots are slanted angles.

But then the app gives you full details and descriptions of what stuff does how it affects stats etc. never seen a better app or guide anywhere.

AsgerJ likes this.
  13. AsgerJ

AsgerJ Well-Known Member

May 8, 2012
    Woah we got an update! Bug fixes and a new icon.

14. Delusionaltool

Sep 24, 2009
    ohio
    Btw touch mode 2 is relative touch. You can use the stick any where on left or right side not in black border area mind you. But gives you more freedom of touch 1. Has nothing to do with the locked direction firing setting.

touch 1 is pretty static thumbs have to be in 1 position. Touch 2 stick stays in same position but you can use your thumb anywhere on the left or right side quadrants.

Ex. I can have my thumb middle top left or right of the screen it registers the stick still.

we all over reacted on the full screen setting. Its fine how it is . It is much larger and stays with the proper aspect ratios. Some environments like certain basement rooms take up more screen space depending on the walls thickness.

Exile and AsgerJ like this.
  15. anthony78

anthony78 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2015
    I could live without full screen… if they would allow us to use the controls in the black borders. Many other games do that and it would make playing it much more comfortable especially with how difficult the game already is.

16. Delusionaltool

Sep 24, 2009
    ohio
    agreed. If you got a ps4/5 controller or xbox / bluebooth controller you can pair it and use it. Works extremely well.

17. sebgo

sebgo Well-Known Member

Too big (2.22 GB download; 2.75 GB installed; I had to delete a couple of games in order to try it) to simply play an updated version of the base game which already worked fine, at least on old devices. I'll stick to previous version. Thank Dog I kept an installer of 1.1!

Good game, yeah, but not exactly my favorite in the genre, so nothing for me in its current new form. As for my little experience with current version, it worked fine, no control issues; I was forced to play it in landscape mode, though. Glad to see it still gets support from devs.

18. anthony78

anthony78 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2015
    I already own it on console for that. I buy mobile games to take it out of my pocket and play.

AsgerJ and sebgo like this.
  19. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    I’m with you there. It’s a mobile game. I don’t want to get out a controller when I’m on a train or on a flight.

Controls work fine. Need to play this more for sure and landscape is how it should be. Portraiit was always a bit weird for this game

CygnetSeven and AsgerJ like this.
  20. Repulsa

Repulsa Well-Known Member

Jul 3, 2015
    After years of waiting for this update I cant play it because my device is no longer supported by Apple and I can’t update to 16 -_- Nicalis, please add support for older versions of IOS