Universal The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by SuyinRei, Feb 2, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sobriquet

sobriquet Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2015
    Not true. The only option I have is iOS and we all know how that's working out for me. # no bid deal though I'm I've already forgotten what you said.

2. Intendro

Intendro Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2013
    #182 Intendro, Nov 23, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 23, 2016
    Well, you can't expect everyone to have played every game, watched every movie, read every book......

There's just too many games to play to expect everyone to have played them all by now, and that's just games. #

Not to mention money to buy all of everything- okay, I've made my point by now, I'm done. :p

3. PBSNellie

PBSNellie Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2013
    Southern CA
    You guys are so funny! I hope they just push the button without warning, and everyone freaks out and mashes the buy button, and our world will be right again!:p:p:p:p

4. Delusionaltool

Delusionaltool Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2009
    ohio
    YES i would love that... the game is that damn good... come on Tyrone! would you kindly push the release button!!

5. JackDerp

JackDerp Well-Known Member

Dec 15, 2015
    And updates about release this week or next week?

6. bossjaja

bossjaja Well-Known Member

Jul 9, 2015
    United States
    Nothing that I've seen. I'm personally hoping for a release before the App Store shutdown, but I'm betting it'll be Mid-January.

7. Boardumb

Boardumb Administrator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

Apr 14, 2009
    THE BOSS
    Sacramento, CA
  8. socalledsin

socalledsin Well-Known Member

Look at this as a time to play all the stuff you won't care about once its released haha.

9. bossjaja

Jul 9, 2015
    United States
    Well that's funny. Tyrone literally just posted an update with more info. Here's the relevant part:

"In case you missed the previous update on it (and you’re too lazy to scroll down), here’s what you can expect in the iOS version: - Universal binary (buy it once, and download for free on iPad or vice verse)- iCloud save support, upload and download your save data between devices- MFi controller support–Apple’s licensed bluetooth iOS standard (also compatible with Apple TV- Landscape and portrait orientations- A bunch of other little features to make the iOS experience good. We’re in the final phase of beta testing. I’ll be opening up beta testing to a lot more people and not just David Parkour.

I’m upgrading the release date from “soon” to “VERY soon”. That means this year, to coincide with AB+ on PC."

I'm hyped.

10. socalledsin

socalledsin Well-Known Member

He went from "VERY SOON!!!" to "VERY soon”. Subtracting 3 exclamation points is not an upgrade. Get it together, Tyrone!

11. Delusionaltool

Sep 24, 2009
    ohio
    hahaha! you guys beat me to it, was going to post the update.... this all comes from their blog... located on http://bindingofisaac.com/

super super excited!!!!!! i hope they make the app store holiday cut off though....

12. bossjaja

Jul 9, 2015
    United States
    Apple just announced the the shutdown is from Friday 12/23 to Tuesday 12/27, so I think we'll see it before then. Releasing it after that seems like that would be cutting it a little close since they said it would be 2016.

Then again, that teaser image that Tyrone posted did subtlety hint at a 12/28 release date. I swear, half the fun is the crazy speculating :p

13. luckystrikeguy

luckystrikeguy Well-Known Member

Sep 18, 2013
    Well I think we should see a release date sometime this week. Crossing my fingers it's before the holiday freeze

14. PBSNellie

PBSNellie Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2013
    Southern CA
    I had surgery last week and am home until after the first of the year. Please help a sick woman cheer up and cut this one loose this week..

How's that for a good nag?

15. Delusionaltool

Sep 24, 2009
    ohio

16. Dailon80

Dailon80 Well-Known Member

Nov 10, 2014
    Program Director/Radio DJ
    Eos
    Wish you the best and hope your wish comes true! this would bring us all some holiday cheer :)

17. Fastbridge

Fastbridge Well-Known Member

Aug 20, 2009
    Service advisor for Honda
    NYC, New York. USA
    I hope this pops up soon but my guess is closer to App Store shutdown

18. bossjaja

Jul 9, 2015
    United States
    Sorry to hear that, hope you feel better soon :p

Tyrone posted a pic about 5 days ago of the testflight info page for Isaac, and it was mostly talking about testing languages (Japanese & Korean), and adjustments to the UI.

I have no idea how the development process works, but I'm assume language compatibility & UI tweaking would be late-stage things you do. So I'm pretty hopeful that the game will release soon-ish :D

19. Delusionaltool

Sep 24, 2009
    ohio
    Tyrone did say they were trying to get it released before end of the year and coincide with the release of afterbirth+ on pc. If they are going to make the deadline before app store freeze that is another story.

20. luckystrikeguy

luckystrikeguy Well-Known Member

Sep 18, 2013
    Edmund mentioned a blog update may come today. So if there is a release date we should know today.