Universal The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by SuyinRei, Feb 2, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Talbs

Talbs Well-Known Member

May 1, 2011
    I think this question is referring to the devs knowledge, and I believe the short answer is yes. While I'm excited for the game release, it really is disappointing that it's been teased and teased and teased with the image that release is very close for the past 3 months or so, only to fall over and go quiet lately. It was teased that the game was ready but apple knocked it back like ages ago (a year?) making it sound like it was all apples fault and it could otherwise drop imminently. Then apple came around and changed their minds and approved it apparently, only to arrive where we are now at least 3 months later apparently days or weeks away from release but we still don't know, but still have vapours of tease. Sorry for calling a spade what it is.

2. PBSNellie

PBSNellie Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2013
    Southern CA
    i couldnt agree more. this is getting tiring.

3. Intendro

Intendro Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2013
    #263 Intendro, Jan 4, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 4, 2017
    I know that, but...
    I meant it seems like the developers could at least tell us if it's out then or not.

It was supposed to be out at (at least approximately) the same time as the expansion's PC release, which is today.

The weekly store update happens to be very close to that...
    But they still haven't given a release date, not even told us if it's Thursday or not? Why can't they manage that much?

4. blue rocket

blue rocket Well-Known Member

Nov 27, 2013
    Seems very much like all the devs care about is AB+ -- iOS is probably an afterthought to try to make a few extra bucks and it will be released when they get around to it. Seems very similar to the situation with DRTC...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. JackDerp

JackDerp Well-Known Member

Dec 15, 2015
    Agreed, these devs and Rocketcat's incompetence about the iOS versions of their games had me annoyed. Seems like they both don't give a shit about their iOS fans at this point.

6. jsrco

jsrco Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Oct 15, 2009
    Coordinator
    Seattle
    Bitter.... baby.

7. JackDerp

Dec 15, 2015
    Nothing to be bitter about, just disappointed. I thought these devs were above this but I guess not.

But hey, I'll cut them some slack just to make you feel better. Ok?

8. bossjaja

bossjaja Well-Known Member

Jul 9, 2015
    United States
    I think they just wanted to get Afterbirth+ out with no hiccups. Now that it's out, I'm sure the iOS version will be getting more attention.

9. Fastbridge

Fastbridge Well-Known Member

Aug 20, 2009
    Service advisor for Honda
    NYC, New York. USA
    I really hope to see this soon. Didn't the dev tease a release by end of year or very beginning of new year? I could swear I remembered that?

10. zen_mode

zen_mode Well-Known Member

Feb 8, 2015
    Sydney
    Don't derail this thread please. I come here for updates, not to read pointless personal jabs like this.

11. luckystrikeguy

luckystrikeguy Well-Known Member

Sep 18, 2013
    They said it would coincide with the afterbirth + release. So it could mean tomorrow. I just don't think you would drop this out of nowhere without any heads up though. I mean it's a pretty huge release for iOS right? I try to stay patient and look out for the things that are actually planned like mega man this week. The lack of communication has been lame but like I said it's whatever at this point. It gets here when it gets here.

12. Draven2222

Draven2222 Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2013
    Release

I heard somewhere the iOS release was the 3rd (yesterday) but if it follows apple release tradition it will hopefully be tomorrow (5th) along with megaman..
    If Not just treat it as a cruel joke played by the devs. hopefully it's not the case & we'll have a good bunch of games on release day tomorrow.

13. Delusionaltool

Delusionaltool Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2009
    ohio
    jeez guys, its not like they owe you anything personally. Yes its awesome its coming on ios at some point. It is also a huge undertaking there is not that many people making the thing as it is. Tyrone and Ed has had there hands full with Afterbirth+ for pc and new consoles. They added a full modding utility so people can create there own stuff that is huge. Now that is is out I have a feeling we will hear more about Issac ios soon enough. These guys are perfectionists they dont want some incomplete game on here they want it to run well and control well with touch and blutooth controllers.

We will all just wait and get what we will receive.

I hit up Ed and Tyrone on Twitter as busy as they are are I am sure they are lurking and reading all this stuff.

14. jsrco

jsrco Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Oct 15, 2009
    Coordinator
    Seattle
    No, I see the same people fiddling for information that is listed more clearly on other types of social media. Then I see someone actually make a statement that attacks developers that are active on this site and have an amazing track record.

So I am going to derail crap. It's pretty clear that info on the future of this release can be found on Twitter or the blog.

15. meder87

meder87 Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2009
    Product Development Manager
    In the world of iOS
    Could be another week or two until wee see it on iOS. Mainly because these two next weeks at least will have to be dedicated to AB+ bug fixing. Already from Twitter it looks like they're dealing with problems that are showing up.

For those frustrated with not having a release date, unfortunately this is the life of development. It's really hard to put a release date on a product. A lot of things can or will happen that will change a date. Someone gets sick which sets back development, a weird bug appears which breaks the entire game, or you just don't think it's ready for prime time because of something. Bugs are inevitable, but if they release it they would prefer to keep it contained. It would suck if they released it and it didn't work properly causing everybody to give it low ratings.

The other thing to keep in mind, they have no idea how BOI will perform on iOS money wise. AB+ will definitely make them a lot of money, but BOI is a toss up. Not as many people who play iPhone games will know about BOI. The markets are different for console, PC, and mobile. Not much attention besides word of mouth will spread for this game. I doubt Apple will feature it on its front page because of the material in the game. I'm sure they'll short change them on that front.

That's just my two cents. I'm excited for this to come out and hope it's soon. Only thing I can do is wait.

16. JackDerp

Dec 15, 2015
    I have actually stalked their twitter for some time and no, both Tyrone and Ed haven't stated anything on iOS release date thus far. The last thing either of them said was Ed last Friday saying details about iOS were upcoming.

I know I sound impatient for the release but I'm really not. I can understand if the iOS version requires a little more time in the oven but I really would like them to just come out and say that or at least acknowledge a new date they are targeting for release. Not this constant "details are coming soon" or a picture tease of the game on an iPhone. They were very transparent about AB+ on their twitter and answered many questions of their fans about the expansion, all I ask is that same transparency for iOS version.

17. Hambo12

Hambo12 Well-Known Member

Jul 23, 2012
    on the internet
    plot twist: they tell us they will release it for 4.99 on April 1st....

18. Eli

Eli ᕕ┌◕ᗜ◕┐ᕗ
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

I'm not sure I'd call Rocketcat's strategy "incompetence," quite the opposite in fact. If you were developing a game, why wouldn't you prioritize a platform where people will gladly spend $15 on your game instead of proudly proclaiming they'll be waiting for the 99¢ sale? It's depressing, but, you don't have to spend much time reading game threads around here to understand why developers don't prioritize mobile for premium game releases.

19. Doppelganger

Doppelganger Member

Jan 4, 2017
    I'm concerned about something that is almost never specified in these threads: the game will run on wich devices ? is it limited to 64bits devices like iphone 5S and so on ? earlier devices ? the only hint I could find was an old post on the devs tweeter showing binding of isaac running on an iphone 5S with a controller, and I have no idea if it implies that earlier devices owners won't be able to enjoy it. anyone knows anything about that, maybe beta testers ? thanks !

20. Dailon80

Dailon80 Well-Known Member

Nov 10, 2014
    Program Director/Radio DJ
    Eos
    Sadly you are correct and as evidence look at the sales for Mario Run
    I will be spending today already got fnaf sister location
    And now waiting for mega man 1-6 so I get them all right away and hopefully this one too :)