Universal The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by SuyinRei, Feb 2, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. yankeeblue000

yankeeblue000 Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2016
    That's exactly what I was thinking but it would be so cool if they were to release it now it now for ios10 adopters and put a posting up on the games description that iOS 8 & 9 is still in beta testing. Lol. It would probably piss a lot of ppl off though :D

2. Talbs

Talbs Well-Known Member

May 1, 2011
    Yeh I just did the whole "forgot my password" submission on Twitter just for this. It's been years since I used it, and this game has changed that.

3. jsrco

jsrco Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Oct 15, 2009
    Coordinator
    Seattle
    That has never gone well for any game.

4. bossjaja

bossjaja Well-Known Member

Jul 9, 2015
    United States
    Yeah, if anything, they would probably make it iOS10 exclusive before they'd let a buggy game out. If the iOS10 version is working fine, how long do you guys think the iOS8/9 beta test could take? I'm hoping for like 2/3 weeks.

5. Deathrow

Deathrow Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2011
    Guys, are we sure that the version of BOI that is supposed to be released is Rebirth? From what I read in their blogpost: http://bindingofisaac.com/ There is no mention of Rebirth. It seems Tyrone is writing on the status of Afterbirth+ and Afterbirth for the different systems.

1. "I’ve officially taken over the blog from Ed this week to go over a lot of Afterbirth+ and some Afterbirth, too." Nowhere does it state that the version for iOS will be anything but Afterbirth/Afterbirth+. Furthermore, the whole blog post is about AB/AB+, both the console and vita updates are regarding AB/AB+ so it would only make sense that the iOS version is AB/AB+, or at least mention it's going to be Rebirth instead.

2. "TL;DR It’s coming to iOS VERY SOON!!!The game has been approved by Apple and we’re working on getting all the features we want into the game." One would think that the version for iOS would be "Gold" status, considering they were ready to launch earlier this year until Apple rejected it, after which BOI for iOS was "shelved". What additional features that were not present in February they are working on-taptic engine or something iOS10 related? This leads me to another point along similar lines: why would they need iOS8 and iOS9 testers specifically if they were ready to launch earlier this year, when iOS9 was current? Unless they added/changed a lot of stuff in BOI:Rebirth for iOS (which I don't think is the case because as previously stated, they were launch-ready in Feb), this does not seem logical. Furthermore, when user Socalledsin wrote to Tyrone on his Twitter in early October about BOI for iOS, Tyrone replied with "Ok, we'll try again". I don't know if its Tyrone&Edmund being themselves and acting wacky/casual, but if they weren't working on it and had it "shelved", they would just submit it and do some beta tests for iOS10, not add features and do additional legacy iOS testing.

Also, this might just me really reading too much into it, but in the quote above Tyrone says "It's coming to IOS VERY SOON!!!", with "IT" being BOI. However, the whole blog post being about AB/AB+, it would just be natural to think that those versions are what Tyrone refers to.

With all of the above in mind, I'm starting to think that BOI for iOS might be Afterbirth or Afterbirth+; however, before anyone gets hyped up, approach all of the above with a healthy dose of skepticism because it might as well be my wishful thinking, intentionally misreading the information or I might have missed some detail. There's enough hype in this thread as it is :) .

TL;DR AB/AB+ possibly coming to iOS because Tyrone/Edmund don't mention Rebirth and the blog post where the iOS version was announced is only about AB/AB+.

6. bossjaja

Jul 9, 2015
    United States
    Some girl on twitter has access to the beta, and she posted a few screenshots. Unfortunately, the title screen says Rebirth, so I don't think we'll be getting Afterbirth any time soon.

7. Dedalus

Dedalus Member

Jun 17, 2016
  8. meder87

meder87 Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2009
    Product Development Manager
    In the world of iOS
    Yup. Especially if it's $8 or $10. Would suck to think it works fine on your device and then it turns out it doesn't. Most people would hit the buy button before checking the description for devices and OS support.

9. meder87

meder87 Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2009
    Product Development Manager
    In the world of iOS
    #129 meder87, Nov 2, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 2, 2016
  10. bossjaja

Jul 9, 2015
    United States
  11. Montanx

Montanx Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2012
    San Diego
    Meh, watched some gameplay vids and wasnt impressed or excited.

12. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    Guess I won't be buying this anymore.

13. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
  14. blue rocket

blue rocket Well-Known Member

Nov 27, 2013
    Lmao. Facts.

15. ThotSoRaven

ThotSoRaven Member

Nov 3, 2016
    I don't know why but it's so cute thinking about having BOI in my pocket 24/7 so I'm buying 3rd time now!

16. JackDerp

JackDerp Well-Known Member

Dec 15, 2015
    Hopefully testing goes smoothly and we can buy the game before the end of the month.

17. Delusionaltool

Delusionaltool Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2009
    ohio
    lol!

18. neumanator

neumanator Well-Known Member

Mar 7, 2015
    Anyone Gotten in on the Beta Yet?

Hello all,

Checking in to see if anyone got an invite or if they still haven't been sent out yet...

19. Talbs

Talbs Well-Known Member

May 1, 2011
    Nothing yet

20. Dedalus

Dedalus Member

Jun 17, 2016
    Is anyone else jailbroken here? If so, could some of the (future) lucky testers among those people PM me?