iPhone The Spatials (by Carlos Carrasco)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by PeteOzzy, May 5, 2014.

1. dedyp79

dedyp79 Well-Known Member

Mar 21, 2013
    Hi dev, I just found this game today, its look interesting game...need some information before buying this game ( i've missed the sale )...will the version 3.0 be free update? And when the version 3.0 arrive?

2. dedyp79

dedyp79 Well-Known Member

Mar 21, 2013
    Its sale again...bought!

3. Polydactyl

Polydactyl New Member

Feb 14, 2014
    I love this game. I'd like to ask what your plans are moving forward? I see on your website that you only mention of PC/Mac versions and that you are developing version 3. Are you going to continue to support and develop the iOS platform or are you moving towards the PC/Mac only platform?

I can understand completely, since the PC/Mac users actually pay for games. I'm just curious what your future plans are for the iOS version of the game.

This may be a pipe dream but having the game on my PC and my iPad and being able to pick up and continue seamlessly would be awesome!

Cheers!

4. Osterus

Osterus Well-Known Member

Feb 12, 2011
    eew

it cost $15 normal?

no thx la... this game company jus money hungry. even if i know it $1 wont buy bcaus they wan $15 for their game.

NO.

5. JasonLL

JasonLL Well-Known Member

Feb 21, 2014
    Male
    The Spatials: Galactology was just released on Steam earlier this month. I wonder if it will eventually make its way to iOS?

6. Jorlen

Jorlen Well-Known Member

Jan 7, 2009
    IT
    Canada
    This game originally started as free to play with some optional IAP. I don't quite remember what the IAP was but I believe it was a doubler or something like that, which I always find fair. In any case, I LOVED this game back then. This was at least 2 years ago.

They completely revamped it and re-released it as a full game. If it's $15 I promise you that it's worth every penny. I spent dozens of hours playing the old version; I can't imagine what it's like now. Because the company is so awesome, they gave anyone who spent IAP in the original game the full version for free; I just haven't had a chance to dive back in.

Just please don't say these guys are money hungry. They're amazing developers; they responded to me immediately when I had a bug and fixed it in short order. Devs like these are rare; please don't scare them away with nonsense.

7. Kenan2000

Kenan2000 Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2013
    Anybody knows if this is 64 bit?

8. Kenan2000

Nov 25, 2013
    Anyone knows?

9. Jorlen

Jorlen Well-Known Member

Jan 7, 2009
    IT
    Canada
    I thought they removed 32 bit apps from the store a while back? Meaning if it's on the store now it's 64 bit.

10. Kenan2000

Nov 25, 2013
    No,they did not,are you on latest iOS?You can check if it's 32 or 64 bit by going to settings,general,about and then tapping applications.I don't own it yet so I can't do it myself.
    Xcom is still there (thanks Christ), so others still have a chance to buy it.
    Nobody knows,maybe 32 but apps will stay but on iOS 11 they simply won't appear as results in AppStore search,that would be the most beneficial way of solving this problem.

11. mastery51

mastery51 Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2009
    #191 mastery51, Aug 7, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 7, 2017
  12. Kenan2000

Nov 25, 2013
  13. GoneFishin

GoneFishin Well-Known Member

May 16, 2011
    64bit compatible?

This game was last updated on June 15, 2015. As of June 1, 2015 Apple required all updates to be 64bit compatible. Spatials does not appear in the "Settings" list of 32bit applications requiring a 64bit update. When you run Spatials it does not give the typical warning that it will not run under iOS 11. It looks as if Spatials is 64bit ready right now.

14. Gwarmaxx

Gwarmaxx Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2010
    NCC 1701
    wow, this beauty has a new update and turns universal, so i get it and playing right now in my iPhone...
    guys... this game is... FANTASTIC!!!

Spatials is all i needed & searched for years from a sci-fi exploration/building/combat/adventure/rpg game, and it's really HUGE!!!
    the aspect that i mostly love is the exploration of other worlds, eventually find hostile aliens races and combat them in real time, but also the huge amount of aspects to keep in mind in base building section... never played a game so complex, at least not on iOS, until now!

my only regret is that i would have loved to see a Star Trek franchise for it, would have been wonderful!

15. sharfaust

sharfaust Well-Known Member

Jul 1, 2013
    Thanks for bringing this interesting game to my attention! I had no idea it even existed!

Gwarmaxx likes this.
  16. MetaGonzo

MetaGonzo Well-Known Member

May 7, 2009
    Excellent! I’d forgotten all about this gem and now it’s on my phone!

Thanks for the heads up, Gw.

Gwarmaxx likes this.
  17. Gwarmaxx

Feb 2, 2010
    NCC 1701
    i need to add this guys in my list of "Masters of Port" alongside Trese Bros and Feral, they did an excellent job on the UI even in the 6S small screen!!! CHAPEAUX!

18. geoelectric

geoelectric Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2010
    San Jose, CA
    This is great news! I remember loving this game on iPad. Glad I can play on phone now.

Gwarmaxx likes this.
  19. Beth

Beth Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jan 29, 2014
    Professional do-nothing'er
    Eastern usa
    How in the world did I miss this? It sounds like everything I love/look for all together in one epic game.
    I purchased as soon as I read “sci-fi exploration/building/combat/adventure/rpg”....
    Much appreciation for bringing this to my attention :)

Gwarmaxx likes this.
  20. Gwarmaxx

Feb 2, 2010
    NCC 1701
    ...and you should take a look at the "remake" on Steam, The Spatials-Galactology, it's ten times bigger and more complex than this one, it has epic proportions, but i've talk with the devs and sadly they told me that it's impossible a port on iOS right now, even on the latest devices, 'cause they can't handle all the active in-game processes.