Universal Thumb Drift (Looking for BETA drivers)

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by SMG Studio, Sep 4, 2015.

1. SMG Studio

SMG Studio Well-Known Member

Mar 9, 2014
    BETA email JUST went out. You should have all received it who applied before Tuesday

2. talwar

talwar Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2015
    ABSOLUTELY INCREDIBLE DEVS
    Submitted the form and am loving it so far the ads are minimal and optional and they double your coins which is amazing. The game is not pay to win although some aspects of it are pretty hard. Look at the form dev I have pointed out some important points which would really help your game achieve the amazing success it deserves. Once again good job and keep up the good work as we need more unique and fun games from your end.

3. LordShad0wz

LordShad0wz Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2014
    I submitted. Form as well. I've unlocked all the cars too already lol

How do we report further issues after filling out the form? Do you want an email or a pm on here?

Billy

4. SMG Studio

Mar 9, 2014
    Happy to take feedback on email. Only put here on the forum if you want to discuss with others.

5. LordShad0wz

Nov 19, 2014
    Noo I wouldn't post beta info out in the open. Lol. I sent an email.

What I can say right now, when this game gets released, I'm going to enjoy talking about it!

Thanks!
    Billy

6. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Same i also submitted a long love letter through the form. :)

This game is AMAZING. A few polish and this could sit up right beside Boson X and Super Hex for the best of brutal twitchyderoo.

7. SMG Studio

Mar 9, 2014
    thanks guys. Will check the form details soon. We've already seen a few bugs we hadnt seen before so already paying off.

Oh and for those that get it. Make sure to turn music on. It's off by default by mistake!

8. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Ooooh... So that's why. LOL. It's on my list there on the form i sent :D

9. Ann0ying

Ann0ying Well-Known Member

Very cool game. You guys better look forward for this one.

10. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Edited my beta test form with second session data.

11. LordShad0wz

Nov 19, 2014
    For some of you older folks, when you get the police car and play in the city map, do you not get the feeling you are playing the cop chasing scene in the movie "the blues brothers"?

Come on? It's freaken awesome lol.

Billy

12. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    @Devs: is there anywhere the beta testers can discuss with you the game's strengths and shortcomings?

13. SMG Studio

Mar 9, 2014
    hey guys

Feel free to discuss the game openly here. Warts and all as we want to make sure the games better.

Just dont post images / videos until we're further down the track.

14. freakernet

freakernet Well-Known Member

Jul 9, 2015
    I like what i see, i hope the controls will feels good, because that's what matter on a gamme like this
    devs you have to make the game feeling good and even that's a drift it might feel little bit to slippery

15. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Oh dood i think you will love the controls as i do. It's got multiple sensitivity options as well to provide flexibility to those who prefer either swiping motions or thumb-rolling alike.

16. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Cool... I think right now the driving mechanics are fantastic for what the game is trying to achieve. It's fast, fun, and easy to play. However i think the Mission system doesnt fit well into these mechanics.

I think it would be appropriate for the current missions (complete-in-one-run types) to be some sort of achievement list (ingame, game center or otherwise) while sticking to more passive-grind types like "travel total of x distance" or "unlock x cars"

This way, progression will not get in the way of the game's main high score chasing, twitch based mechanics. It encourages players to keep going for high scores, which will translate to being rewarded with the mission rewards in the long run.

Just my 2 cents... This game, even in its beta state, is turning out to be one of my favorite games on iOS. :)

17. shiny

shiny Well-Known Member

Jul 11, 2015
    The game look really good, and if you say the controls are tight and good it's surely look as a success can't wait to check the final product
    is it paid or free ?

18. LordShad0wz

Nov 19, 2014
    I have to agree here. I am having a difficult time with insane mode. The controls are spot on. It's not the controls. I find the controls to be excellent. It's just too insane lol.

I'm only up to mission 3. I refuse to skip any. Especially in a beta. It's not for lack of trying. I keep trying and trying and trying and changing tracks and trying.

Billy

19. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Um... Ok im currently on mission 19 (i didnt skip any goal), and it's pretty difficult to get 36 coins in one run now. I think im stuck, mission-wise.

Im not even sure if i managed to snag that many coins in my high score of 419 in forest track in insane mode.

By the way ive managed to unlock all cars (without the unlock glitch as i reset my progress on the ipad where the glitch happened) twice now. Ive managed to unlock all cars on the ipad air and on the iphone 5.

I also have 5820 coins banked right now, mostly from doubling mission rewards, which is why i suggested NOT including the mission rewards in the doubler (by watching ads).

I think it would be a great idea to double the number of cars on release. ;)

The more i play this, the more i am in love with the game. It also has the best controls for me in a brutal twitch-based runner type game. Im already considering it to be on my GotY list, and these needed tweaks could be what the game needs to secure its spot on my goty list.

20. SMG Studio

Mar 9, 2014
    #40 SMG Studio, Sep 11, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 11, 2015
    hey guys

we're getting some great feedback here and in the spreadsheet. Just some comments

- game will be free. Ad supported with single option to turn off.
    - Coin collecting needs to be tweaked so the coins are in the drift area vs in the middle.
    - Insane mode is how we want people to play. It's touch but we dont want you to get bored after 1 play.
    - Mission system we'll tweak. It ramps up automatically and it's too harsh. We like the progressive ones too
    - Final car list will be around 40 unique cars and each to have 2-5 different skins. So hoping to have over 100+ cars at launch. Some of them are pretty funny too.